Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I'm gonna be real, the Kandy hate is getting a bit weird and obsessive.

I get she was overbearing the first few episodes but she's been inoffensive at best in the latest eps so maybe people need to take a step back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
I'm just glad Rose and Denali are getting a chance to shine :unsmith:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Fun fact: this episode and the last had the same top 3 (RoseNaliMik), while the safe 3 and bottom 3 switched places.

Here's hoping the same top 3 and Denali winning the next episode :pray:

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

UK Drag Race. I started the episode loving all the queens and not wanting a single one of them go, but the constant whining over Ellie's set order really soured me on A'Whora and Lawrence. Not that Ellie was all that great in the challenge, but they we're just savagely laying into her over a minor disadvantage at most. It was all very off putting and made me feel bad for Ellie. She finally won something, she exercised her reward, and they just bitched and moaned like it was the end of the world. Tayce and Bimini's attitudes were refreshing. I'm now team Bimini all the way. Amazing. I wanted her to go episode one, and now, she's just the best!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I didn't care much for Bimini before the break but she clearly worked her rear end off over isolation and it shows.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

blizzardvizard posted:

I'm gonna be real, the Kandy hate is getting a bit weird and obsessive.

I get she was overbearing the first few episodes but she's been inoffensive at best in the latest eps so maybe people need to take a step back.

Cool.

Unless she does a 180 and changes things up it'll keep coming up as she is a drain whenever on.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Edit: wrong thread lol

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Mar 7, 2021

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

gandlethorpe posted:

Finally trying out Tartaglia and experimenting with a memey burst build. His energy generation seems like poo poo, is this correct?

Tartaglia honestly hasn't impressed me so far, and the snatch game was a huge fail for me. Probably going home in a week or two if they don't change it up. Energy generation is all well and good but if you don't have the makeup skills it's not going to carry you the whole way.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

tote up a bags posted:

Tartaglia honestly hasn't impressed me so far, and the snatch game was a huge fail for me. Probably going home in a week or two if they don't change it up. Energy generation is all well and good but if you don't have the makeup skills it's not going to carry you the whole way.

Lol wrong thread. He also needs to pick a drag name and stick with it.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Mar 7, 2021

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I was wondering lol

Did a new show just slip under the radar??

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

good snatch game, pretty strong all around but drat elliott got in over her head for sure

I feel worse for denali than I ever did for any other queen who got perpetually outshined in their season. She’s so good and polished but Symone/Mik/Olivia are just a cut above

Still not super invested in this season of US but part of that is the extra long season fatigue setting in

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
So I got my drag queen tarot cards delivered this weekend. I don't even do tarot anymore but I couldn't resist when I saw the kickstarter project. It's RPDR in the style of Rider-Waite and some of the moments are amazing. I'm in love. This is probably one of my favorites:

You can see more of the deck at enjoymycake's insta and I thiiiink they're going to be selling them on etsy too.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

resting mitch face posted:

So I got my drag queen tarot cards delivered this weekend. I don't even do tarot anymore but I couldn't resist when I saw the kickstarter project. It's RPDR in the style of Rider-Waite and some of the moments are amazing. I'm in love. This is probably one of my favorites:

You can see more of the deck at enjoymycake's insta and I thiiiink they're going to be selling them on etsy too.

So that's PhiPhi and Sharon, who is the boat driver?

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Nihonniboku posted:

So that's PhiPhi and Sharon, who is the boat driver?

”My boat is the best... my boat is pretty...”

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

resting mitch face posted:

Oh my God, Jan as the Three of Swords is just too loving good.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Denali's runway this week was just.... [chef's kiss] I can't stop looking at it.

Also, speaking of food, what the hell was Utica's puff sleeve supposed to be a print of? At a distance it read as pizza print to me, but up close it was swirls? For the life of me, I can't figure out what it is. The ants were a cute touch, though.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Tito Soto did such a good performance in the DQOTY pageant Talent section. I will always think of him when I hear In the Air Tonight. Beautiful.

Tenderoni was so good too! I was so happy watching them. And they won! Drag kings really turning it out in these competitions, so exciting to see.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Read After Burning posted:

Denali's runway this week was just.... [chef's kiss] I can't stop looking at it.

Agree! I totally think they're setting her up to be this season's Jan: epically talented, deserving of the number one spot certain weeks but inevitably ignored.

Only because their critique of the outfit was totally bogus. "It's so costume-y." WHAT?! How? So dumb.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Pan Dulce posted:

Agree! I totally think they're setting her up to be this season's Jan: epically talented, deserving of the number one spot certain weeks but inevitably ignored.

Only because their critique of the outfit was totally bogus. "It's so costume-y." WHAT?! How? So dumb.

Other than the fascinator and skates which were very good, it was a bog-standard diner waitress costume. That’s generally not up to the level the judges expect on the show.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

garthoneeye posted:

Other than the fascinator and skates which were very good, it was a bog-standard diner waitress costume. That’s generally not up to the level the judges expect on the show.

Unless you're Gigi Goode. ;)

(Sorry, Season 12 makes me irrationally angry.)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Lawrence has closed all their social media due to toxic AF fans.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Vintersorg posted:

This is absolutely horrible, I hate this drat fanbase.

On a minor positive side, I learned a new British phrase today!

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Vintersorg posted:

a) The fans of this show are absolutely mental. Jesus christ stop harassing people on the internet.
b) She's doubling down?? :psyduck: I don't know if sticking to the "she screwed me" narrative is quite the right move here

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

Poulpe posted:

a) The fans of this show are absolutely mental. Jesus christ stop harassing people on the internet.
b) She's doubling down?? :psyduck: I don't know if sticking to the "she screwed me" narrative is quite the right move here

I agree with you but also to Lawrence this isn't a "narrative" it's his memory of a real-life experience and his feelings about it. It's not good PR but I get why he wouldn't be able to immediately change his own feelings. It sucks so much that people are taking it so seriously and sending hate, jesus christ.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Yeah, while I definitely thought Lawrence was throwing a tantrum (you already won three challenges, calm down), I also strongly agree with the frustration of her going "Don't do things clearly intended to screw us over and then go 'OMG BUT I FEEL SO BAD' when you have no intention of changing the performance order." Screw your opponents over and go "All's fair in love and war, baby, go take it up with Rupaul." Pull a Naomi! Eliminate your biggest competition, then shrug and go "Life isn't fair."

The problem is, though, this fanbase claims to love "face crack" moments like these, but then will turn around and send hate to the queen providing such moments. Naomi thankfully has the confidence and high self-esteem to just laugh off the hate being sent online over a drat reality TV show, but not everyone does.

The whole Lawrence things doesn't even make sense to me. They're sending hate to Lawrence for being mean to Ellie, but are also sending Ellie hate for...making it further than Tia and A'whora? So who are they actually mad at here?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Yeah Lawrence has also been one of the least performative in the UK talking heads this season. I'm sure she knows it's a dumb show for entertainment but I don't blame anyone for not being able to completely disassociate from the experience

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I have no idea how Mik won that and I'm gonna chalk it up to Ru being old and still busting out laughing every time someone makes a dick joke on camera

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

I thought it was a very solid performance and it had me cackling- she's basically playing Paris Hilton straight, but who knows what editing was done to make her more favorable than say Denali's JVN.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://twitter.com/awhoraofficial/status/1368704628196577281

Also make sure you spell Awhora right and not awhore or you get.... interesting results :lol:

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Covid shutting down all the circuit parties really riled up the twitter gays huh

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

tote up a bags posted:

Covid shutting down all the circuit parties really riled up the twitter gays huh

Heh, I mean, they were this bad before covid. The problem with this show is that a) as part of their jobs, the queens heavily promote themselves on social media so they are very accessible, and b) there are new queens for the toxic fans to abuse every year.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Is there any way to see Alaska's pagent after the fact? I don't mind paying for access and would love to tip the performers, I just wasn't able to catch the live stream yesterday. D:

We stan Tenderoni in this house.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

tote up a bags posted:

Still marveling at how Teflon Shangela managed to get through being on the gay covid-denier sex cruise that sunk completely unscathed

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Eej posted:

Still marveling at how Teflon Shangela managed to get through being on the gay covid-denier sex cruise that sunk completely unscathed

I recall her getting dragged for that. Actually just checked her twitter, if you look at the comments in the pinned post (about her Shanitizer) there are plenty of comments about the cruise. I can only assume that having a presence for over a decade helps with understanding and navigating social media through rough spots.

Queens like Lawrence, Kandy, Elliott, A'Whora and Sister Sister have been establishing their presence just in the past year so I imagine it's easier for twitter trolls to upset them more. It sucks all around. Twitter is a shithole.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

Read After Burning posted:

Is there any way to see Alaska's pagent after the fact? I don't mind paying for access and would love to tip the performers, I just wasn't able to catch the live stream yesterday. D:

We stan Tenderoni in this house.

Not sure but you should definitely watch Tito Soto's winning Talent submission:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CMKrV_fB3sh/?hl=en

This seriously gave me chills, it's so emotional and intense.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

A God drat Ghost posted:

This is loving incredible.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

A God drat Ghost posted:

It was soooooo good.

Totally deserved Talent win, but I thought Chiquitita gave it a good try.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CMJFBVMlVPS/

:swoon:

thrashingteeth
Dec 22, 2019

depressive hedonia
always tired
taco tuesday
Snatch Game was pretty good in the US drag race this year. Gottmik did a real good Paris Hilton, deserved it I guess. Though I did think Symone's Harriet Tubman was really creative and funny, would have kind of prefer she got it but whatever.

The ONE thing that bothered me and I don't know if it's a coincidence or not. I don't know if anyone knows about this comedy show Psycho Bitches but Rosé's Mary Queen of Scots is virtually the same parody as Michelle Gomez's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ADGrq8cQco

I get it's a really obvious take for the character, but some of the punchlines are identical haha. Was just a weird blast from the past.

thrashingteeth fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Mar 9, 2021

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

thrashingteeth posted:

Snatch Game was pretty good in the US drag race this year. Gottmik did a real good Paris Hilton, deserved it I guess. Though I did think Symone's Harriet Tubman was really creative and funny, would have kind of prefer she got it but whatever.

The ONE thing that bothered me and I don't know if it's a coincidence or not. I don't know if anyone knows about this comedy show Psycho Bitches but Rosé's Mary Queen of Scots is virtually the same parody as Michelle Gomez's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ADGrq8cQco

I get it's a really obvious take for the character, but some of the punchlines are identical haha. Was just a weird blast from the past.

Good catch, I've never heard of this show, but most English sketch comedy shows don't make it across the pond.

That said, Snatch Game is rife with this. So often the queens just do someone else's impression of a famous person, or they take an actress, and just impersonate one of their more famous roles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Well, usually they’re specifically being the Dowager Countess, but they have to say it’s Maggie Smith for rights clearance reasons. It’s not their fault the show won’t pay to let them call themselves who they are.