Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I watched her skating vid and hot drat I did floor gymnastics as a kid so flips and spins aren't on their own mind blowing to me but watching someone do a backflip on ice made me poo poo my pants a little. I should check out figure skating, it's not a thing in Australia and we don't care about the winter Olympics much here so I've never watched it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I watched her skating vid and hot drat I did floor gymnastics as a kid so flips and spins aren't on their own mind blowing to me but watching someone do a backflip on ice made me poo poo my pants a little. I should check out figure skating, it's not a thing in Australia and we don't care about the winter Olympics much here so I've never watched it

This was a great moment during Nagano. After this front running skater made some mistakes and knew she had lost, she pulled an illegal backflip at the end of her routine.

https://youtu.be/NCTcLNqkmjo

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

But you guys won that speed skating gold back in 2002!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z6GnUTVAF0

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I can't even remember most of our summer Olympics gold medalists but tbh Stephen Bradbury will live forever

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

What are all the legal ways to stream the current season of drag race in the US?

Trying to track this down for my wife. We both watch it but cut cable since last season.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I should check out figure skating, it's not a thing in Australia and we don't care about the winter Olympics much here so I've never watched it
Watching figure skating is like watching Drag Race in a lot of ways (tons of glitter, gay as all hell), but especially because it's not a matter of whether someone you like will gently caress up, it's when and how badly.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

pmchem posted:

What are all the legal ways to stream the current season of drag race in the US?

Trying to track this down for my wife. We both watch it but cut cable since last season.

Legal? Likely subscribe to a cheap streaming cable service like Sling, or purchase a season pass, and you can watch the episodes the following morning.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Nihonniboku posted:

Legal? Likely subscribe to a cheap streaming cable service like Sling, or purchase a season pass, and you can watch the episodes the following morning.

What / where is this season pass you refer to? We have a roku, if it matters. Thanks!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

pmchem posted:

My friend uses Philo, $20 a month.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

pmchem posted:

It's on Amazon Prime, but the eps land usually around midnight-1am pacific after it's aired on network tv.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

luminalflux posted:

It's on Amazon Prime, but the eps land usually around midnight-1am pacific after it's aired on network tv.

Ah heck we’ve got Prime like everyone else. I didn’t realize the current season was on there.

Hmm looks like S13 is avail for that pass for $25, but not free-with-Prime. Still, w/e, it’s an option.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

so is ru going to go full stanford prison experiment this season?

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I just like how Untucked explicitly showed the winner's circle queens leave the work room, pile into a van, and drive off the hotel for the night. And then nothing for the Loading Dock queens who are stuck in that purgatory room FOREVER.

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

Cocks Cable posted:

I just like how Untucked explicitly showed the winner's circle queens leave the work room, pile into a van, and drive off the hotel for the night. And then nothing for the Loading Dock queens who are stuck in that purgatory room FOREVER.

A crew member will bring by a bucket of Hot Pockets eventually. I think legally, they have to.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

The lipsyncs I've managed to catch look... seriously lukewarm in general, but at least Olivia Lux did Ex's and Oh's some justice.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

The U.K. trailer released a few days ago: https://youtu.be/lz_RrIlVZr0

Not sure why there are goats but I love it.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

The first three minutes of ep 2 are up: https://youtu.be/98A8oy5fj5U

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pinwiz11 posted:

The first three minutes of ep 2 are up: https://youtu.be/98A8oy5fj5U

Is it horrible?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Eeny meeny miney mo, Utica you gotta go :vince:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Nihonniboku posted:

Is it horrible?

I don't want to spoil it but... yes? (Spoiler for the clip, not any events in it.) Once again, they cut it off at a really cruel spot and we don't know what the outcome is and I can't really imagine that they're eliminating a queen right there so just let us know what happens, SHOW.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

At work, we name each 2-week "sprint" alphabetically, so all teams start off the 1st week of the year on sprint A, 3d week sprint B et c. Each team has latitude in naming convention as long as it's alphabetical. Some have used "weird foods nobody outside their country likes", others used anime characters. First time around I used video games for my team and since nobody else stepped up / complained I went with drag queens. Mostly Ru girls but I also managed to get some SF queens in there and there's not a lot of queens starting with E, F, Q, X or Z that I could find

Alaska
Bianca del rio
Chi Chi DeVayne
D'Arcy Drollinger
Eureka
Farrah Moan
Gigi Goode
Heklina
India Ferrah
Jujubee

Then they all teams reboot the alphabet for no good reason and I wasn't great at finding another F.

Alyssa Edwards
Ben De La Creme
Cash Monet
Dahlia Sin
Elliot With 2 Ts
Fontaine, Cynthia Lee
Gottmik
Heidi N Closet
India Ferrah
Juanita More!
Katya
Latrice Royale
Monique heart
Nina west
Ongina
Peaches Christ
Queen, Bob The drag
Rock M. Sakura
Sasha Velour
Tatianna
Utica Queen
Vanessa Vanjie Mateo
Willam
X Change, Monet
Yvie Oddly
Zahara Benet, Bebe

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

In case you missed it yesterday

https://twitter.com/canadasdragrace/status/1347227381669507074?s=21

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Excellent! I doubt we'll see a season this year but they had better keep Stacy McKenzie.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Ok, maybe I was overreacting last week. Gimmicky twist, but less horrible than it seemed at first.

Edit: I was wondering why they were all wearing matching thongs that seemed to ride up so high. Then I realized that it's their mic packs.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 9, 2021

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Nihonniboku posted:

Ok, maybe I was overreacting last week. Gimmicky twist, but less horrible than it seemed at first.

Totally. But, considering what we were shown in ep one it was a fair reaction.

I'm feeling much better now.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I'm really glad to hear that. I normally try not to spoil myself for Drag Race but I definitely needed to know what was up with this episode.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

"Going home first doesn't make you a nobody. Remember <only first out queens people remember>?" Jk, love you Jaymes.

Elliott has the tiniest nipples

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I love Gottmik's heels for her rainbow dress. I would buy them in a heart beat and then trip because that's my luck.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Elliott's nighttime look! I thought Symone's was the best but a few minutes later Miss With Two Ts blew me away.

I wasn't really feeling her from her MtQ, but with her entrance line and her looks so far, I'm slowly becoming a fan.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jan 9, 2021

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

All these legendary queens who were eliminated first! Porkchop, Shangela, Vangie, Magnolia Craw... Oh wait.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I love, love Symone and her runway look tonight.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

They're clearly not sending anyone home tonight or next week. Which I guess should've been obvious when I saw this season has 16 episodes, but I didn't realize until halfway through the judging.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Olivia is so delightful. And she was so awesome and gorgeous in the challenge!

And Tina's runway!

Ugh, I'm already dreading any queen going home.

Is two premieres the new format from now?

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I really really like everyone so far but Olivia, Symone and LaLa are my favorites tonight. Obvs that might change next week.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

The difference between Lala on her MtQ vs the show is striking. I was expecting an early elim but now who knows?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Symone already stamped with the "You got it kiddo"

That lipsync was really meh because neither queen knew the lyrics since they placed top and weren't expecting to lipsync. Especially bad if you got a Brita-sized mouth that anyone can read from a mile away.

Production contriving a situation where queens will naturally gravitate to Us vs Them where Them is literally 1 person is kind of socipathic writing and the sooner we're done with this gimmick the better.

Kandy got soooooooo tilted by the open question of whether she'll break the curse of having a drag mom on the show it's kind of sad

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

“don’t let anyone tell you you’re a loser” (except me) is some cult of ru realness

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/thatonequeen/status/1347787378237132802?s=19

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Much better episode than last week. Loved everything Gottmik put out there, and Olivia is just ridiculously charming in everything. Symone absolutely owned that lip sync, though.

I'm still waiting to be impressed by Tina Burner, honestly. I don't hate anything she's put out there, but given the sort of awed tones the others use to talk about her I would have expected her to make me say "wow" at least once by now and that just hasn't happened.

I am so far not really impressed with Kandy at all. She seems like a bit of an rear end in a top hat and I haven't seen anything performance-wise or look-wise that would justify keeping her around.

e: Okay Kandy was much nicer and funnier in Untucked, so I half take that back.

Trig Discipline fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jan 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Agreeing with everyone that Olivia is super sweet. I'm not quite feeling the Symone love yet. Her first outfit in the runway challenge was great, but the second was definitely not. I spent the whole episode waiting for Kandy to blow up on Elliot, but she seemed to be able to reel herself in. I wonder if her temper will get the best of her at some point this season.