Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MizuZero
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

it changes almost every season. Hereís a list pasted from Wikipedia:

"Cover Girl (Put the Bass in Your Walk)" (season 1)
"Jealous of My Boogie" (season 2)
"Main Event" (season 3)
"The Beginning" (seasons 4Ė5)
"Dance with U" (season 6)
"Fly Tonight" (season 7)
"Die Tomorrow" (season 8)
"Be Someone" (season 9)
"Kitty Girl" (season 9)
"Rock It (To the Moon)" (seasons 10Ė11)
"American" (season 12)
"I'm a Winner, Baby" (season 13)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? Ah, you didn't have to!"

I really like Kitty Girl! It's a drat earworm.

MizuZero
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Itís so disappointing when the non-rumix album version of Kitty Girl or American or whatever comes on the playlist and itís missing the queenís guest verses...

Step up to the plate Iím Trixie Mattel/
Got my name in the game better learn it well
ĎCause Iím the MVP going up to bat
And Iíll go to third base but Iíll never tell that!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

PRESIDENT OF THE OFFICIAL BRENDAN FRASER FAN CLUB

Ru Paul thinking everyone forgot Happy from 2013. Nah. Same vibes from Lucky, haha. Zzz.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

RowboatMan: Freezing time is an old P.I. trick...

Read After Burning posted:

I really like Kitty Girl! It's a drat earworm.

That's the one. And I'm trying to mentally pull it up, but I can't. I only hear "Kitty girl... To the mooooon...."

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

MizuZero posted:

Itís so disappointing when the non-rumix album version of Kitty Girl or American or whatever comes on the playlist and itís missing the queenís guest verses...

Step up to the plate Iím Trixie Mattel/
Got my name in the game better learn it well
ĎCause Iím the MVP going up to bat
And Iíll go to third base but Iíll never tell that!

shan
ge
la

say what!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Has anyone ever figured out why the show never acknowledges "Supermodel"? Is it a rights issue? It took me a while to realize that "Cover Girl" was not in fact the same song.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I really want to re-watch Season 8 and AS3, but I don't think my heart can handle it.

Chi Chi...

Malcolm Turnbeug
Mar 21, 2018

I think the realness was the best ru song. Was that Lucien? It doesn't seem like his motif but I can't remember if he was still attached to the show in season 8

Malcolm Turnbeug
Mar 21, 2018

Nihonniboku posted:

Has anyone ever figured out why the show never acknowledges "Supermodel"? Is it a rights issue? It took me a while to realize that "Cover Girl" was not in fact the same song.

Yes Ru started her own vanity label to to the show songs iirc specifically because the record company wouldn't release the rights. In fact I think the company that owned supermodel got bought and sold a bunch in the late 90s and part of the issue was it actually belonged to a bunch of companies because of that? Might be wrong about that last part

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

I loved the runway songs this year for both US and UK. I know US used "Bring Back My Girls" for season 13--what did UK use for season 2?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

RowboatMan: Freezing time is an old P.I. trick...

beepsandboops posted:

I loved the runway songs this year for both US and UK. I know US used "Bring Back My Girls" for season 13--what did UK use for season 2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riBMiYoSWDA

CAN YOU FEE-AAAAL THE LOVE (doot doodoot doodoot doot doot).

MizuZero
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I think the realness was the best ru song. Was that Lucien? It doesn't seem like his motif but I can't remember if he was still attached to the show in season 8

iirc The Realness is Eric Kupper, but Lucian is credited as producing a bunch of songs off of the same album. My favourite Rupaul producer of the post-Lucian era is Kummerspeck of Mighty Love renown, mostly because their name translates to ďgrief baconĒ, the german word for the weight a person gains from eating their emotions

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

What a week it's been.
So much to talk about.
And so many things we can't talk about.

watched so much wrestling this weekend that I totally forgot about drag race and last night just texted a pal "hey, any eliminations? no? ok cool I'll skip it"

I normally love this show but Kandy's constant push and the fact that it's been going for like, 4 months has me pretty well over it.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

I liked Lucky

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I feel so bad for queens that get pushed to the end (Kandy Muse, Silky, or Roxxxy in AS2). It's obviously frustrating to see as a viewer, but it's not the queens' fault!

Reminds me of season 9 where, during Valentina v Nina, assholes online were attacking Alexis Michelle and telling her that she deserved to be in the bottom and should have volunteered to go home! Lovely choice there, get a ton of hate online or get blacklisted by Rupaul the Quitter-Hater.

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011

Read After Burning posted:

I really want to re-watch Season 8 and AS3, but I don't think my heart can handle it.

Chi Chi...

Bob (the drag queen) has stated they they cant rewatch these seasons because of this exact reason,

ChiChi truly was a star

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

The Bussy vid dissecting the WOW Contract is eye opening. They basically own your entire professional life. Forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=700Nvfa4wHk

Malcolm Turnbeug
Mar 21, 2018

I've never seen bussy queen out of geish before, he's cute!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

Check their OnlyFans reviews - so funny!

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

Come into the lob-ratory! The dog lobster laboratory!

That is not how you pronounce bussy.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Vintersorg posted:

The Bussy vid dissecting the WOW Contract is eye opening. They basically own your entire professional life. Forever.

Across the universe.

Raccoonboy posted:

Bob (the drag queen) has stated they they cant rewatch these seasons because of this exact reason,

ChiChi truly was a star

I get it. A friend of mine OD'd about 8 years ago. We were in a band together and I cannot bring myself to listen to our recordings

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

angerbeet posted:

That is not how you pronounce bussy.

I always read it as buh-sie. Is it boo-sie? Or like Gary Busey?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I did love this one particular comment under the video:

quote:

Bussy: they have signed away their life for the next 20 years
Me: that's horrible!!
Bussy: so they're obliged to come for an all winners season
Me: go on 👀

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

Come into the lob-ratory! The dog lobster laboratory!

resting mitch face posted:

I always read it as buh-sie. Is it boo-sie? Or like Gary Busey?

If you pronounce it like that youtuber does, the word pussy suddenly invokes far more images of discharge than one would generally care for.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I've seen people argue about whether Rupaul is saying "pussy on fire" or "bussy on fire" in Lucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Vintersorg posted:

I've never heard of him before, but that was interesting. On one hand, you're getting paid very little money and they take a large cut of your earnings in the years following your season. On the other hand, Drag Race is pretty much the only way to gain mainstream recognition as a drag queen. And it does seem like many of the queens are legitimately doing way better after the show than when they were on before.