Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Hoping they ditch Traci and get Stacey back. Traci's not *terrible* just...doesn't seem to fit entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Stacey is my favorite judge on any of the seasons or spinoffs.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Read After Burning posted:

Stacey is my favorite judge on any of the seasons or spinoffs.

Agreed.

The only panel that comes close is Espana.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I fully expect Stacey to be back next year. They totally wanted her this season, but... reasons.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

Should have just given it to Priyanka again.

:agreed:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
https://twitter.com/thequeenpri/status/1472671112718864399?t=ZZXhtuXP8DmMV2u6z-jzDw&s=19

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I can only imagine someone watching the finale while high and freaking out when Priyanka's second set of arms popped out.

Dragula finale tonight! I like Sigourney the most on a personal level (I want to hang out with her! :allears:), but Hoso feels the most "wildcard" to me. Like, with Sigourney or Dahli, I kinda feel like I already know roughly what I'm getting floorshow-wise (sexy femme burlesque or gray and brown murder clown). But every week I'm wondering "What is Hoso gonna come out as this week?" Saint is probably second on the list for me of "I have no idea what she's doing this week", but her looks always DO have a very ethereal look to 'em (not including the cow).

Maybe I'm biased towards Hoso because I also have a big ol' crush on them. :3

Either way, I'm so happy we get SIXTEENTWELVE floor show looks tonight!

Edit: this is why I shouldn't try to do basic math while on the phone!

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Dec 21, 2021

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Dragula is over... :smith:

Great final episode.

My personal winners of each category:
- Glamour - Dahli
- Horror - Saint
- Filth - Hoso

I thought the winner was going to be either Dahli or Hoso, so no complaints with the results.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Drag Race is getting the prime time slot on the soon to be relaunched BBC 3 channel.

https://twitter.com/scottygb/status/1473233223345913859

The channel went on-demand only a view years ago to save cash but Drag Race has been one of the shows that has led to the BBC reevaluating that.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

excellent finale for dragula. poo poo owns. I’m also excited for drag race international, for one very thai and obvious reason

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Dragula finale was perfection, so beautifully shot and I’m very happy with the winner.
The storytelling with all of Hoso’s looks was just… absolutely next level.

on a lighter note, I am ugly laughing at this and don’t even know why-

https://twitter.com/maddymorphosis/status/1468360090277543937?s=21

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/maddymorphosis/status/1475514495577595909?s=21

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Maddy and Kornbread have incredible twitter game

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Okay I'm officially Team Maddy

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I feel like she'll get a Katya/Dela-like storyline and placement. Top 4 might be too much (for her sake) given the fandom.

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

RuPaul put out a holiday movie this year called "The Bitch Who Stole Christmas" that finally answers the question "what would happen if we turned a Drag Race acting challenge into a full length movie?"
There's a ton of cameos from queens and the main cast is some popular ones - including the part of the Russian hooker who was clearly written for Katya but which is played by Brook Lynn, probably because when Katya saw the script she remembered she's too good for this.
RuPaul is greenscreened in the ENTIRE movie. It's super obvious. When she has to interact with others her back is to the camera so the stand-in in the same wig can take over.
I think they literally hired on the writers of the acting and musical challenges. The musical numbers include headscratchers such as "you can't spell Christmas without G-I-R-L" (yes, you can)

Worth watching if you don't value your time at all I guess. It's not even streaming anywhere, I caught it on VH1.

Catch your favorite queens in roles such as:

Peppermint as Bea Eeep the taxi driver
Jaymes Mansfield as Delia Von Whitewoman the housewife
Jan Sport as Jane McBeige the parody of herself
Mayhem Miller as Bus Driver
Pandora Boxx as Townsfolk #3
Laganja Estranja as Herself

Raere fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Dec 28, 2021

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Raere posted:

I think they literally hired on the writers of the acting and musical challenges.

there are credited writers for the show so it had to be the producers or PAs doing this right?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Raere posted:

Jaymes Mansfield as Delia Von Whitewoman the housewife

I refuse to believe this, because this means WoW has acknowledged Jaymes Mansfield in the past two years.

I loving love her and need her on my TV screen again. Kimora deserved first out. :colbert:

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Raere posted:

Pandora Boxx as Townsfolk #3

I can't stop laughing at this

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

Flyinglemur posted:

I can't stop laughing at this

It's not even an exaggeration

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Raere posted:

Well it would have been funnier if there weren't other townsfolk listed in the credits, dammit.

She'll always be Townsfolk #3 to me.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Just finished Dragula season 4. It was there first season of Dragula and I really enjoyed it. Some thoughts about it:

- I thought it was a really strong final four and a very deserving winner
- That very first challenge honestly looked great and I was kinda jealous the cast got to do that..!
- Some of the other exterminations though… my god. The suffocation extermination looked horrendous.
- The drama at the mid point of the season. Ridiculous.
- I thought all the looks in the finale were great but Hoso really knocked out it out the park.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I agree with your assessment on the hole. The boulets are leaving money on the table if they’re not letting people pay money to mess around in some of the extermination equipment they had this season

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Raere posted:

RuPaul put out a holiday movie this year called "The Bitch Who Stole Christmas" that finally answers the question "what would happen if we turned a Drag Race acting challenge into a full length movie?"
There's a ton of cameos from queens and the main cast is some popular ones - including the part of the Russian hooker who was clearly written for Katya but which is played by Brook Lynn, probably because when Katya saw the script she remembered she's too good for this.
RuPaul is greenscreened in the ENTIRE movie. It's super obvious. When she has to interact with others her back is to the camera so the stand-in in the same wig can take over.
I think they literally hired on the writers of the acting and musical challenges. The musical numbers include headscratchers such as "you can't spell Christmas without G-I-R-L" (yes, you can)

Worth watching if you don't value your time at all I guess. It's not even streaming anywhere, I caught it on VH1.

Crave has it. :canada:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Raere posted:

That was also her role on AS6.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:woop: Three days until S14 :woop:

Man, I have no idea who to root for. Everyone seems really likeable and most have pretty developed/polished aesthetics. Willow, Kornbread, June, Maddy, and Orion are my favorites just based on promos/MTQ/Twitter, but everyone's bringing something that makes me excited to see them. And based on cast interaction, they seem really close knit :3:

Daya had probably my least favorite promo look, but everything I've seen of hers since the reveal has been great. Especially:
https://twitter.com/daya_betty417/status/1478425455942328320
Also, this is the first season where I think I'm older than every queen :corsair:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

S14 E1 preview is up on Youtube

Ugh, Alyssa Hunter is a snack out of drag. Kerri is also a bombshell, making me question my homosexuality. Willow's entrance look and posing is sending me.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Gonna be watching this one solo - my wife is totally checked out and done with drag race for a while. Maybe till the next UK. :lol:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I need to write the new OP tonight...

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Kerri is loving gorgeous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Pinwiz11 posted:

I need to write the new OP tonight...

Done! Let's stare at Kerri in the new thread!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3989969