Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I've been on it for Symone to win the whole time but Rose has been my second choice for a while. If Gottmik gets it I won't be mad but that woild be more of a meh win for me. I genuinely don't see Kandy getting it but I have been very wrong on that front before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I feel like this season unfortunately has had some...rather one-note competitors when it comes to performance challenges. Oliva with her baby voice/walk schtick (someone described it as walking with a full diaper and I can't unsee it now), Symone with the "fac-treh" voice and mannerisms, Gottmik's ditzy vocal fry, Utica being "kooky", Kandy being loud and Bronx, etc.

I guess if you really drilled down, you could say the same of other seasons, but....it just really stuck out this season to me.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Pinwiz11 posted:

I won't be watching live tonight, I assume that we'll have a "You're all going to the Finale!" ending and the show formerly known as Joey Janella's Spring Break will be at the same time

RSP v Nick Gage is gonna be a bloodbath, and EFFY doing literally anything is a must-watch so I’m right there with ya.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I personally live for Symone's factreh voice, but I can see it getting repetitive. To her credit, she did do a different voice for the soda commercial and it was great. "Is yo blooood suga lo?"

In my eyes, Symone and Rosé are pretty much neck and neck with Gottmik in striking range. The one thing making me think Rosé might not get it is that she pretty much didn't get a storyline. I would say it's pretty impressive that she's one of the few queens to ever make it to the finals with a realistic shot at the crown but receiving seemingly no favoritism from the judges.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I forgot that Gottmik was still here and for some reason was thinking Olivia was here.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
If we're judging by runway alone, Symone is going to the finale alone. Because wow, Gottmik, Kandy, and Rose's outfits were all terrible.

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

Looking forward to the finale so the season can end.

I do think it'll be a bit odd if they do the lip sync bracket again. The edit makes me think Gottmik is the pick to win it all, but I find it hard to imagine that someone will beat _Rosé_ in a real lipsync.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Read After Burning posted:

I like that the edit is showing Kandy as a LOT more likeable in these later episodes.

She is coming off as a more likable, but she's still conspicuously underperforming at most stuff.

I'm happy with any of Rose, Gottmik, or Symone winning. I think Symone is my favorite at this point but it's quite close.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I didn't watch the episode, burned out on this season a while back, but I have to say that's the best final 4 song since Read You Wrote You in my eyes.
Great video, four solid performances, and no cheesy I BELIEVED IN MYSELF lyrics to be seen? Good job everyone!
Based on the song I'd pick Rose then Gottmik, but Simone's definitely the track record winner.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Rose is the total package and a true pro but the last few seasons have been the rupaul redemption tour for her past biases and dino gay conceptualization of drag and the most exotic thing about Rose in the context of the competition is that she’s Scottish

Also Ru seems to genuinely adore Mik in much the same way she loves Kandy but Mik’s shown much more prowess makeup- and fashion- wise so I think she’s a shoo-in for the crown given the top 4 we have.

Symone could win too, especially given the context that the season was filmed in, but I get the feeling Rupaul wants her show to stay mostly frivolous and crowning Symone would push future contestants to skew more political.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Dammit, Trixie was right on the pit stop - just draaaaaaaaaaaaaaging this loving thing out.

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

MizuZero posted:

Rose is the total package and a true pro but the last few seasons have been the rupaul redemption tour for her past biases and dino gay conceptualization of drag and the most exotic thing about Rose in the context of the competition is that she’s Scottish

Also Ru seems to genuinely adore Mik in much the same way she loves Kandy but Mik’s shown much more prowess makeup- and fashion- wise so I think she’s a shoo-in for the crown given the top 4 we have.

Symone could win too, especially given the context that the season was filmed in, but I get the feeling Rupaul wants her show to stay mostly frivolous and crowning Symone would push future contestants to skew more political.

I agree with all of this. But I guess it leads me to wonder how the finale will be staged. I just don't see Gottmik looking great in a lipsync with Rose, even with the miracles of editing.

Maybe you go the fully rigged, dirty route and have Rose vs Symone with a slow song, use that to elimate Rose, and then have Symone vs Mik for the crown?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Symone and Rose are pure Allstars material and Ru knows that

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I'd bet money they're gonna try to drag the Rosenali ""romance"" in some Allstars season

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

I'll be sad if it's not Symone or Rosé. Rosé is an extremely competent performer, but not very exciting. Symone is very exciting to me, but not quite as developed a performer... Kandy is a disaster, but can be entertaining. If(when) we see her on All Stars, I expect a repeat of her performance here. Gottmik I think is just not my kind of queen; grating personality with some outstanding looks this season -- but even some that the judges/fandom have enjoyed left me wondering what I was missing. Gottmik has a lot more growth potential for an All Stars return, though.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Laughing at them doing the editing so they don't have to actually show any of Mik's lipsyncing

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Another two weeks of this season :confuoot:

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
Sad to say but I think Rose is definitely the Chad Michaels of season 13. See you in Allstars bebe.

Symone makes sense. Gottmik winning would be kind of cool?

I don't know if it's because the season lasted half the year, or because DRUK was such an incredible cast, but I'm really just meh about this season overall.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I think we had a good group of queens this year, but it was the overhanded interference from production that really put a damper on the season. I still hated the twist at the start of the season. Stepping in and saving Kandy time and time again when she was clearly in the bottom, or even outlipsynced, was a major problem. Showing the judges just gagging at everything Kandy did, despite easily having some of the worst looks ever on the runway, the dichotomy was very head-scratching given the viewers at home complete "meh" reaction to her. I don't know if we're just being more sophisticated as reality tv viewers, of if it's just more obvious that they're pulling strings behind the scenes. I'm seeing the same complaints about other reality shows I watch (i.e. the 3 Below Deck franchises).

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I think it comes down to Symone vs Mik with this episode but I can't see Symone losing a lip sync for the crown. Mik might even be last in that format.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

resting mitch face posted:

Sad to say but I think Rose is definitely the Chad Michaels of season 13. See you in Allstars bebe.

Symone makes sense. Gottmik winning would be kind of cool?

I don't know if it's because the season lasted half the year, or because DRUK was such an incredible cast, but I'm really just meh about this season overall.

I didn't even finish s12. Still barely remember any queens from it, aside from the awful Sherry Pie.

Even without the allegations, she was loving gross.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I thought S12 was alright - Jaida was a great winner, Crystal Methyd was consistenly nice and interesting and Heidi N Closet was just wonderful.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I'm rooting for Rose just like I was for Jan and Denali, but I can't say I'd be mad were Gottmik or Symone to win. I've really fallen in love with Gottmik over this season, and even warmed up to Kandy.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Eej posted:

Laughing at them doing the editing so they don't have to actually show any of Mik's lipsyncing

Just finished the ep. I thought Mik did fine, especially in the performance. The song was solid, the LSFYL choice brought back good memories of my bartender days when that song was hot and the DJ would live mix the hell out of it... we're just in a place where we've finished week one of the Finale holding pattern.

I'd be fine with any of them winning. Yes, even Kandy if she wins the tournament. I just want to get to the fireworks factory.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
The only way to end this season in a genuinely entertaining way is if they introduce a 5th finalist, who is none other than Bimini Bon Boulash, who then slays the competition and takes the crown.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Pit Stop was great this week and my favorite queen of all time, JINKX MONSOON, was on it. :swoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqUZGDWhHRY

It's sooooo obvious they aren't allowed to say negative things although you can see Trixie dying to let loose. I think Bob's show is more off the cuff, eh?

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Oh I wish they'd stop doing the "we want emotional beats so let's make you cry over an old photo" bit. It always feels really forced and super manipulative.

I think this is my favorite Ru music video, visually since The Realness back in season 8? They had the aesthetic DOWN and really executed on it.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I would be happy with any of the top three winning, imo.

Please give AS6 to Jan!!!!!!!!! and AS7 to Denali

amaguri
Mar 27, 2010

curiousTerminal posted:

Oh I wish they'd stop doing the "we want emotional beats so let's make you cry over an old photo" bit. It always feels really forced and super manipulative.

Totally agree, Rose's response seemed particularly pre-written and acting school-ish. And I like her! It just came off as unnatural.

I can't believe the judges didn't have a single negative thing to say about either Kandy's outfit or her makeup, I thought she looked awful. The thick brown lip liner was a strange choice

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
They never have negative critiques going into the final if they don't plan to cut anyone

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Just wanna say, I don't care how excellent DRUK has been otherwise, 2 seasons without a Kate Bush lip sync is inexcusable and homophobic

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I checked out Cheryl's Twitter after her TOWIE post and I discovered my current favorite twitter account:

https://twitter.com/medoingmediocre/status/1381463083068092416

(posted each Monday)

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I'm thinking about watching some TOWIE, I haven't watched a good trashy reality show in forever. Do I start at the beginning (25 seasons?!) or can I just jump in now?

It baffles me that people claim they can't understand Kandy when she talks. Her verses in Condragulations or Lucky aren't necessarily GREAT, but I can understand what she's saying! Meanwhile, Symone's verse in Lucky had me confused and asking my partner if he understood half of what she just said.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

My wife was commenting that "that verse was good, that one not so much, this other one was ok..." while listening to Lucky, and I couldn't think that any of them were good, because wow is that song bad. At least to my ears.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Someone said it sounded like a store-brand Meghan Trainor song, and I can't unhear it now.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Read After Burning posted:

Someone said it sounded like a store-brand Meghan Trainor song, and I can't unhear it now.

I heard it as a rejected song from Hairspray.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Prepare for it to open drag shows for years to come

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I thought it was catchy, the queens' verses were good, and the choreo was cool

But the Ru parts were bad yeah

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

it was the best song on US since the Lucian days which isn’t saying much but it wasn’t as actively forgettable as, say, AS5’s was

Rose did the best she could with the time she had and blew the other three out of the water in comparison but it ultimately won’t matter

also agree that I couldn’t parse most of Symone’s lyrics, with the two lines before she says Braaaaaains being the most egregious to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'm not a huge fan of Ru's music, but there are some good ones. I wish To The Moon (if that's what it's called) still closed out each episode. There's another one my wife and I like, but I can't remember it right now.

Edit: ok, apparently To the Moon is called "Rock It".

Was there another track that used to close out episodes?