Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

angerbeet posted:

Tina was very "cool mom" doing the funky chicken and cabbage patch or whatever - Ru loves that poo poo but Denali already did it this season.

And I just imagine Utica was lipsynching to Alanis' version of My Humps, it fits perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRmYfVCH2UA

Blast from the past

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I think it's pretty common now. For the drag race historians out there, is there a season where this became more pronounced? I wanna say season 7 but it's been so long, I could be misremembering.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

alf_pogs posted:

good lord. not sure how much more Eureka and Silky Nutmeg Ganache i can take.

Wait, is this true because I will not be tuning in for that.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Poulpe posted:

I think we all have some awareness that Drag Race is overly produced, but if they do a good job producing behind the scenes, it doesn't feel like it.
More and more lately it's just become aggressively obvious, to the point that I'm beginning to consider that they're actively manufacturing meta-commentary show drama for ratings and social media presence.

It feels like every season now a favorite to win goes home too early and an entirely unredeemable mess is dragged to the top four while the judges and editors perform backflips to justify it, and while every viewer loving hates it, everybody is posting about Drag Race online.

I'm actually experiencing a weird real time transition where as more straight friends get into drag race my gay friends are dropping off one by one as it's become less and less gay and more predictable frustrating shlock. It sucks.

Yeah, this is me. I started with season 6 but it just feels so...contrived now, for lack of a better term. Also there's just too much of it with a new show every month almost. I had to take a break after S11 and I think S13 might be my last until an All Winners season.

Edit: or Drag Race Thailand S3 happens

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

It would probably help if they just had, you know, more than one a season

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Is there a Legendary thread?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

punishedkissinger posted:

is there a thread for Legendary?

Nope but I asked about this earlier and consensus was we could just talk about it in here since there's overlap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Read After Burning posted:

Boy, this latest episode of Legendary has the Internet ANGRY. :stonk: I'm behind an episode or two, but I have a basic idea of what happened, and wow!

Judging spoiler: It seems Twitter has now changed its mind, and loves Jameela as a judge but not Megan.

I'm so behind because I'm watching with friends over zoom and we can't get schedules to line up! :mad: