Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
My brain completely blanked out they got Kennedy in as a lip synch assassin for a Reba McIntyre song until you reminded me

:thanks:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Not that anyone needs to be told but this format sucks. If it winds up being a filming numbers thing at least I can understand that tbh. The only actual good thing about it was we got to see everyone lip synch a little but by the end of the episode I was more burned out than I'd have liked

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Stroop There It Is posted:

it seems to me that the point of this lovely format was to get people talking about the show, not to be entertaining

I desperately hate the idea of 'all publicity is good publicity' and usually tediously drag down any conversation involving it on principle but tbh you're right

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I watched her skating vid and hot drat I did floor gymnastics as a kid so flips and spins aren't on their own mind blowing to me but watching someone do a backflip on ice made me poo poo my pants a little. I should check out figure skating, it's not a thing in Australia and we don't care about the winter Olympics much here so I've never watched it

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I can't even remember most of our summer Olympics gold medalists but tbh Stephen Bradbury will live forever

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Olivia has an insane amount of talent AND polish. I like a lot of queens this season and she's not even my favourite but if I was a betting man I'd put my money on her, incredible voice doesn't hurt.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I have absolutely no reason to believe symone is not a powerful comedy queen whether she knows it or she doesn't. I don't even know exactly why I believe this, but something about the way she sold her looks and her lip synchs and everything just gives me this sense of someone who naturally performs just by existing? I dunno i'm drunk and stoned and thats the best I can do. I'm in love with her for sure. I still think Olivia is a top contender and she's the one I'm thinking "if she can act its game over" about (can she? I can't even remember if that was mentioned as one of her things or not), but I think Symone is the queen I'm looking forward most to seeing in the snatch game.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I can't wait to see english Ross Matthews (also known as Alan Carr) again

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I think it was someone on IMHO that said that symone just knows where the cameras are every single time they shoot her and that seems about right to me. Lots of seasoned stage performers couldn't do that to save their lives so it just really stands out on this show when someone is a natural. I dont even think its intentional on her part, its very much just an amorphous aspect of her star power.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

gandlethorpe posted:

Edit: https://youtube.com/watch?v=CqBVxzKoLtU
Why is this so mesmerizing? She's like the Monique Heart of body language for me.

I used to work in a really nice bottle service nightclub and we paid one girl to come in and dance on friday saturday nights. Not like go go dance or anything, we paid people to do that as well but this chick would be paid like, 20 bucks an hour plus a massive bar tab to just come in and dance on the regular rear end floor. No requirement to engage with any guests at all. I remember she moved like this. Its actually just magnetic.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

This whole season just looks real weird. Lots of new post production stuff everywhere. Hard to tell whats related to covid filming restrictions and what isn't. I assume the sparkly insta filter on the main stage is entirely an aesthetic thing. Drives me fkn bonkers. I also had a mini jump scare during the fashion show challenge when they did the weird jump cut between queens and then had Michelle say something like 'there she goes'

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I desperately love how few fucks Rose gives about how she looks out of drag lmao. She's not even wearing stage makeup in the workroom

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I don't really post in any queer threads on something awful so this thread was the first place I thought of to post that John Waters had a bit part as a cam site owner in law and order SVU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Haven't really met any kiwi queen's before so the NZ thing is a nice touch. Hope we get a cast list sometime this year

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Worth pointing out NZ has a lot more remote studio locations than Australia. If they wanted to shoot here it'd be gold coast Sydney or Melbourne. Heaps of little remote shooting studios peppered all around enn zed if ru is worried about getting up in the filth in another country

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I want to see a thong (flipflop for seppos) dress contruction challenge and I want Magda as a judge. If they give me that they can gently caress up whatever they want with weird kiwi references I don't get

The dream judge is of course Kylie but I don't want to set my hopes too high

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jan 19, 2021

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Nah get Graham bond (aunty jack) in instead

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Astiinas talking heads annoy the poo poo out of me but she's got the talent to run her mouth so good on her.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I get the feeling she's not a flipper and Swiffer anyway but kimorah looked like she didn't want to damage her gown and she was right to realise she probably shouldn't since they cast her as a goddamned tree lmao. I was on my phone for the werkroom scenes, I have some very firm questions about how she got that role and why that role existed

It's been 12 hours and I can still clearly.imagjne Symone saying 'flag factory' in my head

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 23, 2021

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

chicago drag does seem like it kicks a lot of rear end. Pretty much every queen I follow that hasn't been on the show is from chicago.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Trig Discipline posted:

Same. Fleg fectri

someone was saying it was a cosby show spinoff reference but in my mind it will always just be a completely contextless south african accent done poorly

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

am I imagining things or has Lawrence Chaney been rocking a toupee in the werkroom or is his slickback job just very oddly done? I didn't even notice the odd hairline thing going on until I rewatched Rats this morning. Pattern baldness is a thing thats pretty normal to be embarrassed by and I could imagine if you spend enough money on wigs a nice toupee wouldn't seem like a bad investment but if I'm right I would love to see him without it one day because I love a balding scot

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I mean like in terms of practical advice and stuff there are deffo better threads but in terms of support for having that realization I'm stoked as hell you felt comfortable to share it with us here and I love you for it internet stranger

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Wasn't there a bit in untucked where someone told her she would have won if she hadn't helped everyone? Because honestly i don't know what extra time could have done for her, she clearly had an idea and executed it really well with time to spare. Like it's genuinely impressive she turned that out and helped other girls and tbh if I was in the fashion industry I'd be gunning for her to work for me

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

the way Tia described her dress reminded me of the way my dad describes a not expensive steak anytime a waiter asks him how it was

'It was the piece of steak I ordered, cooked the way I asked. No further comment'

I know she's not gonna win and she's not the best drag queen but goddamn I love her a lot

Tamisha being in the bottom on US was weird too. I guess if they were judging on a scale knowing how much experience they have sewing it would make sense but that's never been a thing before really but her constructed outfit was fine and her other looks were good I thought? I didn't think for a second she was gonna lip synch so I guess they just wanted to give her a bit of a rudemption arc this week?

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 1, 2021

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

just catching up on the last UK episode but can I just say, that while we have seen tighter tucks slammed into the stage with more style, there's a powerful je ne sais quoi to Tia pulling that drop she did and then pulling up that ugly rear end skirt to demonstrate that why yes, her balls were inside of her body while she did that

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

getting irrationally mad that people pay retail prices for ornate light fixings instead of simply just going to a weird wholesale outlet right near their house where all the display fixtures have weird voltage setups and run off a jenny that is guarded by a small dog at all times.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Tayce how dare you loving nail Jane turner to the wall like that when she belongs to the down under drag race girls!

E: the UK lip synch songs are so good wtf

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 20, 2021

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Thank you Brits with a current tv license. I salute you.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I don't know if it was intentional as a reference but ahoras look gave me powerful Priscilla frill necked lizard dress energy. Iconic.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I didn't realise that she was known as Jordan and dated Peter Andre in the 90s until someone pointed it out to me later. I had posters of both of them on my wall. Well I think hers was page 3 from a tabloid with her tit out

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Down under queens reveal video dropped at Mardi gras, has their werkroom entrances instead of a dedicated ruveal look but whatever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf_-FV3-lVs

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I'm bitterly disappointed there isn't a single queen with a cultural reference for a name completely incomprehensible to anyone from the outside world but totally coherent to an Australian

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Sheila B Wright isn't obtuse enough but I'm saying it out loud over and over again and I love it and need to google it to see if I can use it

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Mar 7, 2021

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Yeah Lawrence has also been one of the least performative in the UK talking heads this season. I'm sure she knows it's a dumb show for entertainment but I don't blame anyone for not being able to completely disassociate from the experience

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I thought we'd be more likely to see a neighbours parody (gaybours?? Hire me ru) in UKDR than down under but east enders kind of rules that out

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I genuinely think this was the most cocaine influenced season of this show yet. Seems crazy but maybe that cheap British stuff is better than I hear

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

So aside from Karen from finance having a collection of golliwog dolls and a tattoo of one, another DRDU queen, Scarlett Adams is getting a lot of really gross racist poo poo she's done come up including blackface and calling some random audience member a nasty rear end (racial slur) at a gig

https://www.pedestrian.tv/entertainment/felicia-foxx-scarlet-adams-blackface/

She's from WA which is a place known for really bad lovely racists so I'm not surprised

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

One day humanity will look back at Symone and Utica describing their runway walks to each other as this generations 'ebony and ivory'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

A God drat Ghost posted:

I honestly 100% agreed with everything Kandy said on the runway and as Ru said, really appreciated it not being "well I love her and live for her but based on this performance and the judges' commentary..." She was funny and real.

Ya like I love to hate Kandy but I wouldn't love to do that if she didn't make sense sometimes