Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I kind of assumed a focus group created the new slogan and it somehow makes the property more money, because I don't think Ru's heart grew three sizes in the off-season.

Well, here's to our new constant stream of new Drag Race. S13, UK2, AS6, probably Can2 byt the time those have finished airing. Drag Race Spain at some point in the future?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
As a reminder you can go to vh1.com/live-tv and pick the "sign up" option for a 24 hr live-tv viewing pass. I think I was VanessaVonTitties@gmail.com for a good portion of last season, or chestylarue. They don't verify it.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I mean, it's Drag Race so probably the cheapest version.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Someone could get rich selling a "Things RuPaul likes and finds funny" masterclass to aspiring contestants, cause that poo poo don't change.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Ru is old (60!) and only going to get older, anyone doing season 19 or whatever better know drat well who Olivia Newton John is. If you want to get on the show, learn to sew, learn about pop culture from the 70's, make a joke about your "lovin' oven" or indeed, "country breakfast."

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Nina Bonina Brown's problem is being Nina Bonina Brown. Lady got a group of inner saboteurs working 25/7.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
There's a reason Ru refers to her drag persona as "The Monster."

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I don't recall if it's been brought up in this thread but reddit (yes I know) and their team of crack internet gays seem to believe (future season general spoilers) All Stars: International is in the works. That would include US, UK, CAN, maybe Thailand?, and possibly some girls from Drag Race Down Under.

Nothing is set in stone of course as it's mostly just speculation and a few cute comments from someone who has been reliable about spoilers in the past, but it's the expected outcome of an increasingly global phenomenon.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Why is this season RuPaul's Emotional Abuse Race

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I didn't care much for Bimini before the break but she clearly worked her rear end off over isolation and it shows.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Joe Black is such an amazing looking queen, she's just really really not a RPDR queen.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Honestly I'm basically just watching the runways and performances at this point in this season. It's a bad season, too long, poor judging, few interesting queens at this point.

UK though I'm loving. I feel like Drag Race US is kind of... you know how Call Me By Your Name got a lot of critical praise and wide viewership? It wasn't a gay movie though, it was a movie about gay people. Seems like DRUS has gone from being a gay show, to being a show about gay people for straight people to watch.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Cafe Barbarian posted:

Justice for Bimini! but also Tayce put on a hell of a show for the finale. I would put Chaney 3rd out of the top 3.

It was always a top 2, the "lipsyncing your way to to the top!" thing would be deadly to the format. Also Ellie was there.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I love Joe Black's looks, and I get the background behind them but never has there been a queen less suited for Drag Race. It's just a cut and dried Good at Drag != Good at Drag Race situation in the purest form.

e: I also adore Ginny, she's great and I want to go thrift shopping down to the mortuary with her.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Nihonniboku posted:

But yes, hopefully now Ru will stop carrying certain queens to fill a role. But then again, unless WoW starts including some of these international queens in American All-Stars seasons, I don't think Lawrence will officially fill the role of the big queen, as that needs to be filled on the OG show.

Future season spoilers: All Stars International is currently filming, or the girls are in the process of arriving for filming/however they are doing quarantine. Looks like girls from basically every current iteration, (US/UK/CAN/NL) excepting Australia and Spain, but including a possible heavy hitter from Thailand.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Nihonniboku posted:

<3

Is there a cast list?

Possible future season casting spoilers, but not set in stone by any means

UK: Baga, Blue, Cheryl
NL: Envy, Janey
CAN: Jimbo, Lemon
US: Manila, Monique
Thai: Pangina (this seems unlikely since she's literally a host)

It's Reddit spoilers based on online activity so I don't doubt some of it will be wrong but they seem to be pretty good at obsessively stalking people online. I like the lineup, fictional or not.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

gandlethorpe posted:

Only thing I remember about Kandy's commercial was leopard print bodysuit and milk. Coco did an ad with full body leopard print better. I'm still kind of annoyed that the judges didn't appreciate how campy that was.

I mean RuAnimale by CoCo was terrible

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

A God drat Ghost posted:

And Tayce! Oh my God, she smashed it. What a performance. Her charisma in the talking heads and sense of humor make her a favorite of mine.

Ru seemed to treat Tayce like she murdered her dog or something.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
What? I've been tweeting #teambimini for months now and it didn't matter?!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I mean, he had to delete his twitter account because of racist death threats, that's not a "small improvement" type deal. He's going to be on a Dougie Howser reboot and that's about the most neutral thing I can imagine.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Tina was very "cool mom" doing the funky chicken and cabbage patch or whatever - Ru loves that poo poo but Denali already did it this season.

And I just imagine Utica was lipsynching to Alanis' version of My Humps, it fits perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRmYfVCH2UA

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

I tried to forget this for years. Never wanted to be reminded of it again.

As horribly creepy as baby doll Coco was, she absolutely killed that lipsync. Some bad manners about blocking the other performer, but I seem to recall that being pretty universal that season. The producers must have said something to the newer seasons, it doesn't happen as much anymore.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I just don't like it when they bring back queens to All Stars twice or more. People keep calling for Adore to be on again and it's like, she had her shot.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Way more excited for more Dragula than more US Drag Race, that's for sure.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
That is not how you pronounce bussy.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

resting mitch face posted:

I always read it as buh-sie. Is it boo-sie? Or like Gary Busey?

If you pronounce it like that youtuber does, the word pussy suddenly invokes far more images of discharge than one would generally care for.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Nobody's ever accused Kandy of being a genius

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I don't always love Mik's looks but the opening ones were strong tonight. Kandy's were... expected. Rose hoenstly missed the mark a bit, and Symone was solid.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I feel like Symone got the strongest of the family messages, and she'd be a great Brand Ambassador with a clear sense of style.

Rose sometimes seems like she's been headlining a drag bar for 20 years.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Oh I'm glad they could shoehorn in this AIDS crisis number which is terrible

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I wasn't wowed by any of the lipsyncs tonight TBH, a reveal doesn't mean you can perform less especially when you all have reveals

Just do a good performance

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Trig Discipline posted:

Holy poo poo that's bad.

Yeaaaah the "I got an inappropriate tattoo once" (which they had removed and were contrite about) was bad but that's like, weapons grade bad. they must vet people before putting them on the show and I hear the rumor is we're getting a very special episode about racism, but like, maybe just don't have the person on?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I'm going to watch it for Karen From Finance, because she has the unenviable storyline of huge Trixie Mattel/Katya backing (based solely on her name) to the point where she now kind of looks like Trixie, but she had a racist tattoo which she had removed so she can't be anyone's precious smol bean or whatever.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
RuPaul: Drag will never be mainstream!

Also RuPaul: I am airing 74 concurrent seasons of Drag Race.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It was a better Snatch Game than whatever season "snooki want smush smush" was, but it wasn't great. Anita did absolutely kill it, but it's not like royals jokes are hard, the performance was there though. It's smart to do an easy character.

e: etc. etc. did a better job than I was expecting, but that's still kind of a lovely thing to do

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Drimble Wedge posted:

She kinda lost me when she was very obviously toeing the party line on Kandy's runways, as an excuse to drag her into the top four. I mean come the gently caress on:

:barf:

The riggor morris was so strong on S13 that I can't bear to watch any more for a while, and I've been bingeing all of the seasons lately.

She looks like she's wearing a cat activity tube

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It's not a gay show anymore, it's a show about gay people for straight people to watch.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

That's unfortunate, because you end with the Santino seasons. Bleh. That man's twitter is a garbage fire.

His Twitter has many valid opinions!

https://twitter.com/SANTINORICE/status/687442055094640640?s=19

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Well, the reading challenge was good and the rest of the episode was also there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Drag queens having a dramatic yelling match? No one wants to see that!