Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I watched her skating vid and hot drat I did floor gymnastics as a kid so flips and spins aren't on their own mind blowing to me but watching someone do a backflip on ice made me poo poo my pants a little. I should check out figure skating, it's not a thing in Australia and we don't care about the winter Olympics much here so I've never watched it

This was a great moment during Nagano. After this front running skater made some mistakes and knew she had lost, she pulled an illegal backflip at the end of her routine.

https://youtu.be/NCTcLNqkmjo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

In case you missed it yesterday

https://twitter.com/canadasdragrace/status/1347227381669507074?s=21

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

So nice to see just a standard Drag Race premiere! These queens are fantastic and fun so far. It'll be interesting to see how the break changes the dynamics.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

We got another one folks!

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertai...QUYSQK7SUBQF7A/

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I think Kahmora may be dealing with some gay self hate considering the remarks about her boyfriend not liking drag and her reaction to Elliott's voice. Hopefully the boyfriend will be gone or be better in the future.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

The way Michelle said "this look TONIGHT" made me realize the balls must take all day to film. Especially with 12 queens. I suppose that should be obvious but it never occurred to me.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

It's like they've never seen Goth Talk

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Judge for yourselves. I think she's coming off pretty transphobic here.
https://twitter.com/dragliciouz/status/1359505122208931840?s=21
https://twitter.com/glorysmind/status/1358931186563883011?s=21

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I hope they really did the vote ahead of time and didn't make all three queens pack all their gear over.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I loved how Elliott came forward about his depression and it became a story about Tina.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Very emotional episode. Must be a very stressful situation going from the show to lockdown then back into that environment.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I thought the UK Snatch Game was mostly good but maybe that's just Canadian exposure to the British pop culture.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Would have been a great story. Ellie and Sister, both with no wins. One goes on to win the week and the other is sent home.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Can't figure out what was bleeped when A'Whora said what her and her Nan had in common anyone know?

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I love Bimini and it's really exemplified in the lockdown special that he worked and improved throughout lockdown.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Excited to take in some Australian culture

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I'm bitterly disappointed there isn't a single queen with a cultural reference for a name completely incomprehensible to anyone from the outside world but totally coherent to an Australian

I would love an example

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Zombie Squared posted:

Speccy Longbomb.
Epponnee-Rae.
Coffs Adore aka The Big Banana.
Erin Borough.
Pauline Hands On.
Bogan Hunter.
Coolabah Goonsack.

I'm mystified and I love it! Thank you

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

You could really feel the judges reaching to justify the bottom 2. I mean it was probably correct, but "I was expecting so much more from you!" wasn't ringing true when she had a great look in relation to the others.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Well Ru got his big girl winner

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I thought Kandy's commercial was pretty funny but I was also really stoned

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

🎶 🎶That's what you just did 🎶🎶

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

JBC is out
https://www.gaytimes.co.uk/culture/jeffrey-bowyer-chapman-will-not-return-for-canadas-drag-race-season-2/

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I liked him as a host but his judging was questionable. Hopefully he'll be successful in his new roles and free of the toxic drag race fans.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

MizuZero posted:

Utica being hypersensitive to race mere months after the summer of Floyd is a good thing, and directly paid off almost immediately afterward with the Symone lookswap.

I think she’s great because her utter ridiculousness doesn’t come off as contrived to me, every choice she makes makes perfect sense to her in her mind and that’s charming

I’d like to see Kandy go before she does but even if she gets sent home this ep at least she’s picked up a lot of fans (and none of the toxicity that the fanbase often brings) from her time on the show

It was funny to see Utica go from worrying about afros to imitating Alexis Mateo's accent 2 episodes later.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

gandlethorpe posted:

Just made myself sad thinking how we'll probably never see anyone do Liberace, since even if an older queen gets on the show they rarely make it to SG.

Sorry, you're only getting instagram stars.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Yeah go the survivor route with themed all stars and you can manufacture any reason to bring people back

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Prepare for it to open drag shows for years to come

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Very meh all around. Even the winner.

Maybe doing it so early was detrimental. The queens weren't comfortable and confident enough yet.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I definitely got the impression that the Dannii Minogue call was pre-recorded and they had the queens react as if it were live. Same with Taika Watiti but it was way more obvious with him.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I think throwing together a debut season with the amount of restrictions they're clearly dealing with was a terrible call. The show feels so rinky dink

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Nihonniboku posted:

We have a new winner: Kita Mean. That comes kind of a surprise.

LSFTC I felt she was the only one who was doing anything interesting. Scarlett spent too much time crawling around and Karen just paced. Didn't really notice Art. I'm happy the nice queen won but this season was a disaster. Except for Rhys.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Nihonniboku posted:

To be honest I was doing the dishes during that lip sync.

A fair decision

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

The winner announcement really had the energy of "we've filmed this 4 times and will figure it out later"

Which isn't new but I think Scarlett would have won if the racism didn't over shadow the season and how it was received

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Agreed! This thread is basically my reminder that the show has aired so it's nice when there's a little lead up to the spoilers.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

gandlethorpe posted:

Lol, just realized the LSA was in-the-best-team-that-didn't-have-the-winner and had to lip sync against winner-but-not-from-the-best-team

Can you give details here? I don't remember what you're talking about.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Giving a line read like that is the hallmark of a bad director but I imagine the other queens could have benefited from the judges showing them exactly what they wanted

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I saw Scarlet Bobo perform during Vancouver Pride and she was drat good. Actually my first time seeing a DR contestant perform live. Also had several run ins with Ilona Verley that were not so good lol

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I feel like Trinity voting for herself to go home next is not going to sit well with Ru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I thought Ginger looked absolutely delicious this week