Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Are POSes completely gone now? I enjoyed the stories about their un-commented code written by a dev who disappeared, resulting in that one notorious POS that would fire at random, friendly or enemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I remember when Boat obtained a very rare poopship (the 3d model for the ship looked like a big healthy turd, it was even colored brown) and people organized an event to shoot at the poopship, and in a pleasant surprise, Boat had put a character from an enemy group in the poopship's cockpit so a giant loss was added to their killboard.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
They removed the jukebox so that people would travel to different parts of the galaxy to hear different tracks. The developers of this game have never understood how, or even why, people play it. :ccp:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
The old Eve portraits were better. :colbert:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Welp.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Rutibex posted:

what that bit at the bottom though

some dudes, i dunno

https://sov.space/

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Sentient Data posted:

Is there a before map for those of us who don't play the game but love the stories?

here's the archive of the sovereignty maps: https://www.verite.space/maps/influence/

In the past, the "Horn of Goondor" would've been blown and a massive recruitment drive would have been attempted. If that happened this time around, I didn't notice it. I tried to rejoin but couldn't. Oh well. The "pubbies" have finally defeated the "goonies" and the "iskies" and "toonies" will dwindle until somebody in Iceland unplugs the server.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
:ccp:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
What was the name of that station that would randomly open fire on people, hostile or friendly, and no matter how it was configured it would just keep doing that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
So what happened? I looked at the sov map and it appears goons took all their space back. I don't know what the names of all these other alliances mean. I'm assuming Reddit declared victory and hosed off.