Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Rutibex posted:

a huge chunk of their super fleet is trapped in M2 from the previous fight. they are going to have to rescue them somehow

And this time they won't get to negotiate their way out of this. Mittani has said that this will end in violence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Galewolf posted:

I got banned/blacklisted so hard (irl friend sponsoree tried to go fuckgoons) that I have been told needed to e-mail everyone including Mittani to lift it.

A goonfleet friend (a bad friend?) told me to come back and camp baddies in a cloaked Heron while shitposting on local chat.

Not long after sounding the horn of goondor, Mittani issued a quasi blanket pardon. Afaik there's only one person who's been told to get hosed. You could always ask in the eve thread, you never know

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Phlegmish posted:

I was being deliberately vague since I only started playing a few months ago so I don't know all the mechanics in detail myself, but I'll do my best.

Basically, there are currently two structures related to formal control over individual solar systems (which are grouped together in constellations): Territorial Claim Units and Infrastructure Hubs. Both require a fair amount of time and money to set up and maintain. TCU's are mostly symbolic, denoting who 'owns' the system, but IHubs have many practical effects, involving things like mining efficiency and the ability to transport huge fleets across large distances, making them strategically important, especially since keepstars (the highest-level docking stations and therefore closely related to practical control) require a huge number of pilots to set up or take out. During their first push into Delve (which is our main region), PAPI had managed to destroy most of our structures, replacing them with their own, effectively pushing us back into a handful of extremely well-defended systems at the heart of Delve (even though pvp and operations went on across the region and beyond, since that core territory with its resources and infrastructure had remained intact, allowing us to keep up the fight).

Structures are contested in two stages. First, enemy hackers have to 'reinforce' the structure itself within a specific window of time, which sets another timer that ends about two days later. When said timer ends, a number of command nodes start spawning across the constellation of the system that the structure is in. Offensive and defensive hackers engage in a contest to hack these (with defensive hacks taking a shorter time), and when offense gets it to 0%, the structure is destroyed and they can place their own structure in its place. The contest that we're talking about here involved an enemy IHub in D-W, a strategically important system. We got slightly over 1,000 pilots together (the vast majority in roaming combat fleets protecting or attacking hackers), while the enemy had 300 more. Since there were such large numbers in the constellation, all performing actions, the servers started locally implementing TiDi (Time Dilation). This is a mechanism that basically slows down time, so the servers don't crash under the heavy load. For most of the battle, the majority of systems in the constellation were at 10% tidi (so 10% of normal speed). The battle raged for hours, first we got the IHub down to 11% (it starts at 60% defensive control), but then defensive hackers popped a number of nodes in or near their staging system, bringing it back to about 52%. We rallied, and those that got blown up tried to reship as quickly as possible. We eventually got it down, despite being outnumbered, despite massive tidi, and despite it being an offensive hack.

TL;DR: we won a massive engagement against the combined enemy force despite literally everything being stacked against us. While we won the strategic objective, the symbolic value was even more important. Not only does our spirit remain unbroken after 6+ months of continuous fighting, we have actually started to push them back in some sort of Regoonquista.

If your eyes didn't glaze over after the third sentence of this post, congratulations, you are exactly the kind of nerd we need, hop in and let us shower you in isk:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3866278

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

vaginite posted:

Iím really curious about the war bonds.

Are those built into the system of the game, or are they backed by the faith of the goon swarm? Is there collateral and how are the claims on the collateral administered? Like does the game force them to comply with it or is it just on faith?

Entirely by faith. Which is proof of the trust the leadership has managed to build over time, in the biggest alliance of scammer and bads the game has ever seen

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Metos posted:

So now that everyone has large amounts of titans too, why aren't surprises like this the whole meta?

As far as I understand, there is now a cap on the maximum amount of damage you can do to a citadel, to avoid things like this.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

I believe the max damage cap is something along the lines of 75000 dps (or that's what i heard in fleets"). So you could have a titan DD one after another until it eventually blows up. But all titans firing at once won't blow it up in one shot.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

The Cubelodyte posted:

So... I'm finding all of this intriguing and considering playing EVE again, despite the fact I'm generally pretty lovely at it. I last played in 2017; is that far enough back that I'm going to have to go through the Goonswarm application process again? Pretty much all my junk has been sitting docked in 1DQ1-A for the last three years.

By this point you've most likely been purged if you haven't posted on the forum, joined the jabber and/or something else. Goonwaffe did a purge maybe twice in the last few years. So you'd have to follow B process and if you have any problems contact newbies@goonfleet.com

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Azathoth posted:

The Eve thread in the MMOHMO had a specific example of racism from an alliance member in some Discord, then double down on racism after someone called for them to apologise, then "for the good of the alliance, don't call them out now" from leadership, directly contradicting what you just said. Then there's the goon leader in there literally dropping "autism" as a joke and eating a probe for it.

I get that you don't see it all that much, which is good, but that's just what I've personally witnessed in watching this thread and occasionally poking my head into the other one when something big happens. If that's what I'm seeing, bet there's way more that I'm not.

There's more happening, we're talking about an alliance with hundreds if not thousands of players. But it nowhere as bad as it used to be and its getting better all the time.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

*edit*

Removed post cuz its been answered and the point was already made by others

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Outrail posted:

Can you explain this post for a five year old? Never played eve but like hearing about it.

Old farts who do dumb things got laughed at, but people moved heavens and earth to save newbies.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I've been on the fence about going back to play, but if I log on, my character will be sitting in a marauder in WH space. Kinda takes a bit of the fun out of knowing it's not going to end well.

It's best possible end is sieged in a wormhole taking out as many of these leeches as you can before going boom

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Do it ironically posted:

I talked to a friend of a friend who plays eve and I casually brought up the goonsquad and it was just in a chat group but you could tell he was legit annoyed and he said everyone loving hates them and went on a bit of a rant

thanks for listening

What if I told you your experience is rather.. common?
Ask anyone who played EVE, we have at one point or another, had someone IRL look at us with disgusts when mentioning we're Goons.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

DGC773 posted:

Hello friends,

Goose here.

Anyone looking forward to dunking it out over 8 hours in TIDI tonight?

I am ready to move the goal posts as much as is necessary in order to claim victory tonight, so you guys might as well do as you usually do and pass

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Guildenstern Mother posted:

So what's the scoop, I saw an article on PC gamer a few days ago that said they got some titans out but lost all their titan destroyer boats? What's the actual rundown on that?

They managed to get a significant portion of their titans out, but it cost them over 400 dreadnoughts which is roughly 2T isk depending how you factor it

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

DGC773 posted:

We only have 3000 pilots in T5ZI. I am going to be disappoint if we donít get a 8 hour dunk session

I really hope you guys get the 3/1 odds you need to undock

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

DGC773 posted:

In hindsight I should have probably just joined KarmaFleet.

Your reg date is 2010. You didn't need a sponsor dummy. I dont know how you got rejected but yeah.. shoulda joined karmafleet rather than go fuckgoons

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

DGC773 posted:

I was a long time lurker. When I came back here last year I only had like 30 posts to my name.

(I have posted a lot since)

EDIT: So I had a sponsor for all the times I played in GoonFleet/GoonWaffe. But this time when I returned my previous sponsor had gone fuckgoons so the only way I could get in was with a well established SA account. Because my SA account only had 30 posts I guess I am not considered a true goon.

And yeah I had no idea about KarmaFleet when I rejoined. Everyone was talking about Horde being the place to be now. I just want to use and lose my titan.

Gonna be honesty with you bud, even I managed to clear the bar and I was a legit J4G and everyone knew it.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

DGC773 posted:

If only I spent a few more weeks posting I would have had a bigger post count and I would have met the Mittani's horn of goondor offer to waive all past ills. oh well

Mittani is a reasonable person. If you sacrifice your Titan in order to right all your wrongs, i'm sure he can then be convinced to hear your case in a special spacecourt.
Just log your Titan in m2 and we'll go from there.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

DGC773 posted:

Dear EVE Goons,

I today bring you a petition to remove my thread ban from the EVE Online thread in MMO HMO. I dearly apologise for being a pubbie. From now on I will only post battle reports / viewpoints from the PAPI side. No spin, no hurfblurfs, just my opinion from the PAPI perspective.

https://strawpoll.com/6q4vgwhab

Kind regards,
Goose.

Imho that ban is loving stupid and undeserved.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

You were the only one who wanted him back fyi

Yeah and you were the moron who angry posted back at every one of his posts. I much prefer DCG's posting than yours.

He's done nothing wrong other than be an edgy dumbass, something we're all guilty of at one point or another.

Lets loving face it, he's being dogpiled for being in Passpi and no other reason, and the fact that mods banned him for it is a loving shame.

Stop trying to get ppl banned just because you are too loving dumb to put them on ignore if they bother you too much.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

DGC773 posted:

Sorry.

I imagine those reports are from ShaneMacGowansTeeth who has a weird fetish for me. I just want to post good content and entertain.

This. If i wasnt so lazy id go and quote a few of shane's unhinged posts when dgc tried to do nothing but talk about eve.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

is this what eve does to your brain, why cant you idiots play a shooter like a normal person

I was already bad at them in my prime, now i just cant get a kill anymore.

Im the guy who gets 0kills, 1 assist and 25 death on a team

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

DGC773 posted:

4 years.

I hope that both sides utterly destroy each other so we can all quit this terrible game and move on with our lives. At this rate I am going to have to add to my subscription that ends this month.

If your intention is to stay until Passpi kicks us out of Delve, I suggest the 1 year subscription so that if you can't save face, you can at least save money.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

This doesnt make you guys look good. Remember you're the attacker and its extremely that most your objectives are about saving some poo poo on a daily basis.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Otacon posted:

Honestly, there are no spreadsheets in EVE. There are spreadsheets OUT of EVE.

Here is the best summation of EVE, as presented, and EVE, in reality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ojR7E8Xymk

could make an awesome scifi show yet they choose to stick to making a game

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

DGC773 posted:

The best fights recently have been 2000 man brawls in the M2- constellation

While I had lots of fun in those battles, I find the logi meta pretty annoying atm. All manner of ships get alpha'd right off the field and as a logi i've never felt more useless. We can only realistically save people once half the fleets are dead.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

The Pussy Boss posted:

Have you guys ever tried diplomacy instead? Think of all the cool poo poo you could build if the galaxy was at peace...

We've been at peace for several years staying nice and put in our corner of the galaxy and managed to build an impressive amount of citadels that the bad guys still aren't finished blowing up and won't be for a while even if we don't contest any of them.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Nosfereefer posted:

I support our goons on all fronts. Hell, I even volunteered for CyberNations at one point. In the end, it is not about winning or losing battles, or even wars. Its about making pixels disappear, and harvesting those sweet pubbie tears. Because pubbies are the scum of the earth and must be defeated.

Friend, the game can be played for free and with a minimal time investment. This is a good time to harvest pubbie tears and destroy the belongings of people who are too dumb to deserve them.

This is a valuable ship that used to belong to some dumb guy who bought into the propaganda that they own our space now and that it is safe for them to pretend we're not there.

There are many good reasons to join at the moment, a few of them are even EVE related. There's pvp straight off the undock, bads only 1 jump away and we have our very own DJ on Saturday nights: https://twitch.tv/mind1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Rutibex posted:

have you made enough isk to buy me a keepstar yet? you promised

You can have the one in T5Z. My gift to you.