Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I love poo poo like this in Eve. I played in Goonswarm awhile ago (like 2006 or 2007) and I got Doomsdayed in a Swarm attack and then decided this game wasn't for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm coming to Delve to say Hi. Please don't blow me up

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

ArcMage posted:

Buying incredibly lovely ships is one of goonswarm's signature tactics. There are various ways for small cheap things to get huge expensive things destroyed reliably, and even a literally free starter ship can mount a warp disruptor and lock down a titan.

Back in "ye olde days" that was the appeal of Goonswarm. You could tackle bigger ships and prevent them from warping as a newer player while the wiley veterans in their capital ships did the destroying

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

The Cubelodyte posted:

Is that not how it still works?

I think it's the coolest thing about Goonswarm TBH. In most MMOs it takes months to get to end game, but in Eve a new player can be a factor in a war within days.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
So basically as I understand it, you are paying them to leave the Titan, letting them log in and leave it? What happens if they try to jump out with it?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Oh ok. So it's basically "You are going to lose it one way or the other, so let us pay you for it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Cameo is truly the greatest website in history (after Something Awful of course)