Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

oldskool posted:

shopAEW is still getting clobbered :unsmith:

It took me 40 minutes to finally get my order through tonight.

Was a bit worried I might get an extra shirt or two since it kept getting stuck at the final part. Got an email so that was how I knew it finally went through even if the screen was still stuck in the loading portion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

That's true, I forgot his suits operate like compression socks

His suits are his power limiters

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
professional wrestling can be truly wretched and lovely but it is truly the greatest artform in the world.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
dark order member #420 here reporting for duty

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I'm hopeful for more dark order and Hangman stuff in 2021

it's not really like he's got much else to do in the singles realm yet and Kenny is going to probably hold the strap for at least a year, you only need about 6 months to build Hangmans redemption arc and it should be fueled by his good pals the spooky perverts!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I haven't been able to watch the last couple weeks but I've been reading the recaps so don't throw perfectly executed dark order discus lariats in my direction but is Jon Moxley performing all over the indies and not in AEW right now outside of pre-taped promos?

I looked at his wikipedia to see what he's been up to lately and it looks like he's in every company except AEW so that seems wild. Is it a Kenny situation where they're both doing world tours?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

That was an amazing tribute show. Fantastic job AEW.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
He hasn’t wrestled anywhere since dropping the title, I don’t think. At least based on his cagematch page.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bryce broke me multiple times during the show and again here. Normalize telling your friends you love them, everyone. Especially now.

https://twitter.com/dabryceisright/status/1344483618685501441?s=19

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Made a steak in honor of Mr. Brodie Lee.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Orange Carlisle posted:

I haven't been able to watch the last couple weeks but I've been reading the recaps so don't throw perfectly executed dark order discus lariats in my direction but is Jon Moxley performing all over the indies and not in AEW right now outside of pre-taped promos?

I looked at his wikipedia to see what he's been up to lately and it looks like he's in every company except AEW so that seems wild. Is it a Kenny situation where they're both doing world tours?

All of that stuff but Bloodsport is from last summer before Dynamite started up.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

Wrestler wikipedia pages are incredibly strangely laid out, the "Return to Independent scene" section is placed after all of his AEW stuff but has coincided with it in terms of actual real life time

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Bard Maddox posted:

professional wrestling can be truly wretched and lovely but it is truly the greatest artform in the world.

This is one reason why I love AEW. It doesn't feel like it's connected to all that horrible crap that happens in the business. Look at how Brodie's condition was kept a secret and never got out. That doesn't happen. Ever. Someone gets sick you hear about it. You always hear about it.

AEW may have some flaws but it feels like it has given the wrestlers a more positive environment to do their thing in and actually respects us as fans.

It's helped reignite my love of wrestling where as it felt like the WWE actively hates and blames the fans most of the time and actively lets someone win as a FU towards the people. That doesn't even begin to go in how they treat the wrestlers or staff which is half the time horrid.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

He hasn’t wrestled anywhere since dropping the title, I don’t think. At least based on his cagematch page.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

All of that stuff but Bloodsport is from last summer before Dynamite started up.

Alaois posted:

Wrestler wikipedia pages are incredibly strangely laid out, the "Return to Independent scene" section is placed after all of his AEW stuff but has coincided with it in terms of actual real life time

Thank you for the replies and the info.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

holy poo poo
https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1344497394721976321

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Woah

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Wow

https://twitter.com/tonykhan/status/1344497394721976321?s=21

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Aiden English

https://twitter.com/dramakingmatt/status/1344481934471168000?s=21

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

I get so used to thinking of Tony Khan as this awkward wrestling geek that it is always a little disorienting when it's suddenly like, right, super rich and can get poo poo like this done in a snap

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Big Biceps Tony just can't help but flex

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Wow.

That's beyond words.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
that's kinda cool but also a good indication the khans have too much money

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Fat Lowtax posted:

That's what Schiavone just said in the postshow. I honestly thought they might 86 the whole thing

they really should. just make the ftw belt the midcard belt and go from next week. not like darby's had any sort of run with it besides looking like he was gonna cry holding it up. doesnt even carry the thing half the time.

really really beautiful show, cried multiple times throughout, loved all the heartfelt stories and little nods and homages from ppl in the ring. it really really does seem like he was one of the best-loved people in wrestling..... ever. it really struck me partway through that a big reason they did this whole thing was to put a smile on brodie jr's face and i just broke down. im really really glad they just decided to take a week and celebrate a guy they all really seemed to love.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Reality Protester posted:

that's kinda cool but also a good indication the khans have too much money

They do but look on the bright side.

Vince must be pissed there's a richer guy in the business than him.

Silver linings.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The Last Call posted:

They do but look on the bright side.

Vince must be pissed there's a richer guy in the business than him.

Silver linings.

Right now Vince is bellowing "Hunter, sign everyone to lifetime contracts! No one escapes!"

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Someone mentioned a viking funeral feel to the night early on and it really did feel like a proper cathartic tribute and sendoff to a friend. We'll obviously never forget him but it feels easier to go and have a normal wrestling show next week after a night like this.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Davros1 posted:

Right now Vince is bellowing "Hunter, sign everyone to lifetime contracts! No one escapes!"

Vince scrambling to figure out a way to buy the rest of Tom Waits' discography.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Huntman posted:

Vince scrambling to figure out a way to buy the rest of Tom Waits' discography.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if WWE was on the phone right now, trying to re-sign Rowan.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

lovely tribute from wardlow (this guy is gonna be a great face one day i genuinely can't wait)

https://twitter.com/WARINHISNAME/status/1344483698750570496

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Maybe Tony isn't a coward.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wrestling is an ugly and terrible business that often leaves me wondering why I support it, but that was probably the most beautiful night of it I've ever seen. Fitting considering the wonderful man Brodie Lee appears to have been.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JUNGLE BOY posted:

your rank is your dark order #

Bro I was one off from Silver.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Davros1 posted:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if WWE was on the phone right now, trying to re-sign Rowan.

Considering they called to sign Starks after his performance on his first ever Dynamite episode that's probably closer to the truth than we realize.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Also WWE only wanting Eddie Kingston as a Performance Center coach then suddenly wanting him full time.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was rewatching some stuff and my favorite moment of the night may legit have been Tony gleefully screaming HIT 'IM AGAIN! after Brodie Jr. domed MJF

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Am I the only person who looks at Rowan and Silver and think, hey that's Silvers giant form.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

He did something else too DO NOT CHECK THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT AEW SPOILERS

he bought Tarzan Boy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lid posted:

he bought Tarzan Boy

what

no way

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Lid posted:

he bought Tarzan Boy

The Khans own some sort of music things, so I assume part of that is the rights for songs and adding them to this portfolio, while not super economic, isn't just throwing money away for AEW stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/onehourtees/status/1344506516586557441?s=21