Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

qirex posted:

I will never understand the insane appeal of travis scott he sounds exactly like 1000 other autotune dudes but I am an old so this is the natural order of things

one of those celebs that i literally did not know existed until a horrible controversy happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/VanGThieu/status/1309675302818181120?s=20

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

one of those celebs that i literally did not know existed until a horrible controversy happened

same but i had previously heard his name in connection to mcdonalds

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

you couldn't do this in america because someone would jump into the hole and get crushed and sue the garbage company.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I think that's why it has those doors that cover the hole when you unplug the trash can

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Sagebrush posted:

you couldn't do this in america because someone would jump into the hole and get crushed and sue the garbage company.

you coudn't do this in america because it would mean spending money on public infrastructure

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Kenny Logins posted:

i think they also did hammer and chisel but yeah. apparently those old cans were a real gently caress to open particularly on cold weather expeditions. if you were especially unlucky you'd slip and hurt yourself in often fatal ways in isolated places like that

don't forget that 30% of the time you'd open the can on your winter expedition and it wouldn't have sealed properly and would have already been rotten!

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

don't forget that 30% of the time you'd open the can on your winter expedition and it wouldn't have sealed properly and would have already been rotten!

2060: Steve1989MRE is the sole survivor of the human race

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gef2fqNu16s

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

rotor posted:

so like my deal is not "we should ban all knowledge from after the 13th century" it's just that we should deindustrialize where possible. Yeah, ceramic pots will not have the multi-year shelf lives that glass & metal jars do, but you can make them easily and they'll keep your poo poo for a year plus.
The best thing in terms of footprint that people could do is stop loving driving (yes, even BEVs), insulate their goddamn houses, and maybe stop changing wardrobes every loving trimester. It's never gonna loving happen.

People are way into their F-150 and $9 tees.

Sagebrush posted:

You can literally see the safety doors close as they crane the container away.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Sagebrush posted:

Evergreen

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/slate_akita/status/1458822858122088452?s=21

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

how many different threads are you gonna post this in

i agree it's cool but dang man

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Achmed Jones posted:

how many different threads are you gonna post this in

i agree it's cool but dang man
i just couldn't decide

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Improbable Lobster posted:

i mean i really didn't get in to nirvana until after cobain's death

so maybe this is the year i really discover juice WRLD on a personal level

(alternatively, i will read the front page)

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

i just couldn't decide

well, the right answer was this thread, if that makes you feel better

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Looks rad, the Honda e-tron has a cool 80s vibe too (mainly in the interior). But of course America doesn’t get it

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
that hyundai is badass. the e-tron is rad too. Of cars you can buy, the rivian is pretty good, it looks like a pal

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

ADINSX posted:

Looks rad, the Honda e-tron has a cool 80s vibe too (mainly in the interior). But of course America doesn’t get it

i get it i want one it looks like a k-car

lol, k-car

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

rotor posted:

that hyundai is badass. the e-tron is rad too. Of cars you can buy, the rivian is pretty good, it looks like a pal

lol how much does that weigh?

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

ADINSX posted:

the honda E has absurdly bad range, and selling a city car in TYOOL 2021 (instead of a capable small car) when most euro cities are trying to yeet as many cars as feasible out is pretty moronic.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

put a Lincoln logo on it and you've got the car of the future (movie studio execs use to force actresses into)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
username/post lol

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

evil_bunnY posted:

the honda E has absurdly bad range, and selling a city car in TYOOL 2021 (instead of a capable small car) when most euro cities are trying to yeet as many cars as feasible out is pretty moronic.

It looks cool though

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

the only cool car is the one my parents had in the 1980s

all other cars suck

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

want some cyberpunk swag with authentic provenance?

https://twitter.com/greatdismal/status/1459371983540391938?s=21

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

itsa pump & dump

youre getting a count zero machine lmao

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/actnormalorelse/status/1459140682774462469?s=21

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Carthag Tuek posted:

all other cars suck

no, the only cool cars are the ones i liked when i was 14-16, same as with music

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

ADINSX posted:

It looks cool though
That it does.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Raluek posted:

no, the only cool cars are the ones i liked when i was 14-16, same as with music

yes, that is what i said

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

qirex posted:

want some cyberpunk swag with authentic provenance?

https://twitter.com/greatdismal/status/1459371983540391938?s=21

I got to play one of these at a pinball convention a couple years ago, gonna go to the same con next week and I'm hoping they'll have it out again

it's a wild machine with all sorts of crazy gimmicks. there's a robot hand thing that will pick up the ball and you can move it around. I also think it says "megabytes" instead of "points"

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Carthag Tuek posted:

all other cars suck

poo poo yeah. my mom had a camero she bought used that my dad and grandpa did a ton of work on

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the only 'cool' car my parents owned was also the only one they ever bought new. a 1989 isuzu trooper. they eventually ended up being rusty supercheap hunks of crap, but for a few years we had the coolest offroady thing. it had that 70/30 split rear door which was really cool.

I was gonna get it when i got into HS, but my mom traded it in for a loving grand am.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

SO DEMANDING posted:

I got to play one of these at a pinball convention a couple years ago, gonna go to the same con next week and I'm hoping they'll have it out again

it's a wild machine with all sorts of crazy gimmicks. there's a robot hand thing that will pick up the ball and you can move it around. I also think it says "megabytes" instead of "points"

it's a better pinball machine than movie but that's a pretty low bar to clear

it's not a great machine but there aren't that many working ones because all the gimmicks break constantly and there's like 7 people left in the world who can fix pinball machines

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

SO DEMANDING posted:

does the score top out at 80 gigabytes unless you get a memory doubler?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
if you exceed 320 gigabytes do you die

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Only in real life

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

That’s the capacity of the free drives at microcenter so yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/Vince_Van_Dough/status/1459666787944087553