Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

wow 2021 already can't wait for this to be better than 2020!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

i really like the glitch "cyberpunk 2021" in the op so i made it a gif

that is awesome

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

So nfts are just another money laundering scheme like art right?

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

qirex posted:

rewatching blade runner final cut, I think each subsequent release boosted the bass by 3db, there’s just a low rumble going in like half the movie [sorry neighbors]

re-release time:

the kids just aren't buying it these days! what do kids like.. what do kids like... bass! turn up the bass!

3 years later:

the kids just aren't buying it these days! what do kids like.. what do kids like... bass! turn up the bass!

3 years later:

in a few more years it'll be nothing but a loud droning bass throughout the entire movie with no dialog

so like a marvel movie

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

hmm we need an ad for this thing, but don't have any ideas

i know let's just make it about whatever and then we'll throw in our name at the end. easy viral + memorable

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

i wear mine when biking in the dark, including the sunglasses

i can't see where im going but can be seen from miles away, and really, isn't it other people's responsibility and not mine to not hit me?

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

the Tesla of the bike world

yeah i guess it's really strange, but when i use auto pilot, i.e. taking my hands off the handlebars and close my eyes, it too tends to hit pedestrians as well. probably a coincidence.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Chris Knight posted:

more like Woolworth Beignet

a beignet would really hit the spot right now

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Roosevelt posted:

i wonder how long until they start putting jaws and blades on those things

it'll have a punisher skull with a thin blue line approximately 1 second after the first police department gets one, which i imagine will be as soon as they start delivering them. 'haha oops i had it on the 50 mm chain gun setting instead of the pepper spray setting, ah well, only 40 dead'

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

it's pretty awesome that batman is a billionaire that dresses up in a costume to fight people that exist because of the economic conditions he and his family created

or that iron man also gets to be a hero by dressing up and defeating the people that he created by being an arms dealer

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

my dad worked for one of the early gps companies and in the early 90s he'd bring home prototypes and stuff for me to mess with. their first hand held one was just an lcd that would tell you your lat/long, speed, and number of satellites. would take anywhere from 15-20 minutes to acquire at least 3 and was variable based on the time of day. also it didn't work indoors at all.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

the biggest thing is that shitloads of people have been tricked in to thinking that stuff is invented because of money and without soul crushing work nothing would ever be done again. im a scientist and i spend a shitload of my non-work time messing around with stuff and making new things because im curious and i like figuring out how stuff works/making things. if you told me 'hey you don't ever have to work again' i wouldn't be sitting around doing nothing, i'd be doing the same stuff and getting way more done because i wouldn't have some exec telling me that actually what i'm working on and is 99% done isn't economically viable anymore and it's time to start another thing.

i've talked to people that seriously think that with out huge monetary rewards no one would ever invent anything or spend time trying to make things better for people and it blows my mind. and besides, the people discovering that poo poo aren't the ones that are making money from it anyway, they're just there because they have to be to survive.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

is it few enough colors that you could make that glitching faster, and add a really big occasional one?

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

I really hope the unfolding works properly. I was working there when they were putting the mirrors on and it's amazingly beautiful. I wish nasa wasn't run like poo poo, which the pessimist in me says is on purpose because their friends don't get to profit as much off it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

for me it's probably iain banks or terry pratchett. both taken far too soon. the culture books may be some of my fav ever written, along with the nights watch.