Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

This WAS announced when he died though, so...

Also, sorry that someone died but ugh GOD was this poo poo insufferable.

Don’t sign your posts

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

AHH F/UGH posted:

I hated his music but at least he was still better than 99% of hip hop that's come out in the last 18 years so RIP to a real one

edit they should have posted a picture of his unmasked face for the grand finale though

Son shut ya trap save it for the bitches
mmm delicious, rap snitch knishes

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

if you liked his music that's fine, I didn't, but can we at least blame him for Action Bronson and other food rappers

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

AHH F/UGH posted:

if you liked his music that's fine, I didn't, but can we at least blame him for Action Bronson and other food rappers

no brains but gum flap

A Tad Ghostal
Dec 2, 2014

AHH F/UGH posted:

No, go gently caress yourself.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

AHH F/UGH posted:

You are a moron

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW-9TcDTKa8

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

AHH F/UGH posted:

just leave this thread now

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

AHH F/UGH posted:

a uniquely terrible take. vintage gbs *chef’s kiss*

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

sorry I don't like the same rappers as you guys

anyways RIP

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

AHH F/UGH posted:

anyways RIP

"anyway you guys ever listen to pirate rap?"

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

AHH F/UGH posted:

anyways RIP

For me to poop on

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I listen to the madvillain instrumentals so much. They’re so loving good

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

AHH F/UGH posted:

No

Cloacula
Aug 30, 2007
The Anthropophagic Copromantik
First post in years, first time back on SA forums and I see this! Bummer dude. RIP to an underground legend. MM FOOD and the Special Herbs instrumentals are my poo poo for real.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Cloacula posted:

First post in years, first time back on SA forums and I see this! Bummer dude. RIP to an underground legend. MM FOOD and the Special Herbs instrumentals are my poo poo for real.

poo poo now I’m trying to remember my favorite special herbs track. Guess I just need to listen to all of them.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

This sucks, he was one of my favs :rip:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

AHH F/UGH posted:

anyways RIP

I dont forgive you

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

AHH F/UGH posted:

I hated his music but at least he was still better than 99% of hip hop that's come out in the last 18 years so RIP to a real one

edit they should have posted a picture of his unmasked face for the grand finale though

on top of mega super dick suking for the first line, lol at this scrub not knowing about KMD and how you got tons of images of young Doom from that period without masks or whatever

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Rest in power DOOM. I got this news in a text from a coworker, it is a massive bummer. I first found out about DOOM as a senior in high school. My manager at McDonald's had a burnt copy he was going to give to another employee, when I asked about it he asked if I liked hip hop and just gave it to me, saying he'd burn Greg another copy. I gotta say it took a while to break into it, I listened a couple of times and didn't really get it. After a couple of years listening to other hip hop I came back around and for years he's been in my top five. Such an amazing lyricist and beatmaker. The world is darker without him.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

While MF Doom never reached the heights of Epic Rap Battles of History he's still one of my favorite rappers.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

appropriatemetaphor posted:

While MF Doom never reached the heights of Epic Rap Battles of History he's still one of my favorite rappers.

Son of a....

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
https://open.spotify.com/track/7D7j3FhiVuSUNXDApJPjHS

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

My favourite track of his

https://youtu.be/g0Wy5bFxxA4

Rip Doom, really a gut punch to end the year with

Edit https://youtu.be/n3sXkgjuUBo

NLJP fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jan 1, 2021

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
go to song whenever I introduce doom to someone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpaonSDPw7Y

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Slumpy posted:

go to song whenever I introduce doom to someone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpaonSDPw7Y

Accordion was my intro on a mix CD my friend gave me when I was like 15. Such loving sick sampling on that.

Hooked me immediately even though I didn’t really appreciate how great he was.

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

friendly and non-threatening

Bleak Gremlin
That sucks, last thing I heard was the MF Doom & Nujabes posthumous collab album. That came out in February of this year even. Now both went out at an early age..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WifI7lOUI-o

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
2020 is a bitchmade year.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
loving terrible news, he was my hiphop spark

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
wow DOOM. I pretty much hear a song from him or his many other projects and collaborations every day off my playlist.

Rip to him, his brother, and his son.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

MF DOOM was a scam artist, he paid some random guy to perform at his shows with his mask on instead of actually performing himself. took his fans money and tricked them.

that's insanely funny and it's sad he died, RIP

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
RIP to a real gangsta, MF DOOM.

Ambuletz
Sep 7, 2006
I love my brother very much.
RIP Zev Love X

BB is still my favorite hip-hop album. goddamn this loving blows

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
DangerDOOM introduced me to Talib Kweli, who loving owns, through Old School:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSWN0ZYVswY

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

ben shapino posted:

MF DOOM was a scam artist, he paid some random guy to perform at his shows with his mask on instead of actually performing himself. took his fans money and tricked them.

that's insanely funny and it's sad he died, RIP

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
I wonder what his actual last appearance was. I was looking through his discography and it seems like he's actually had some guest appearances in some songs in 2020. I don't think I've heard any of the honestly.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
rip

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
This poo poo sucks, gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011