Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
There’s a video out there of MF Doom giving some kind of lecture to a room full of nodding white boys and it’s so funny.

Anyway loving RIP, I hate this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

AHH F/UGH posted:

I hated his music but at least he was still better than 99% of hip hop that's come out in the last 18 years so RIP to a real one

edit they should have posted a picture of his unmasked face for the grand finale though

Lol good loving lord. Don’t besmirch doom by saying all rap music sucks. Shithead

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

AHH F/UGH posted:

if you liked his music that's fine, I didn't, but can we at least blame him for Action Bronson and other food rappers

You are a moron

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

AHH F/UGH posted:

sorry I don't like the same rappers as you guys

anyways RIP

For me to poop on

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Cloacula posted:

First post in years, first time back on SA forums and I see this! Bummer dude. RIP to an underground legend. MM FOOD and the Special Herbs instrumentals are my poo poo for real.

poo poo now I’m trying to remember my favorite special herbs track. Guess I just need to listen to all of them.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Slumpy posted:

go to song whenever I introduce doom to someone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpaonSDPw7Y

Accordion was my intro on a mix CD my friend gave me when I was like 15. Such loving sick sampling on that.

Hooked me immediately even though I didn’t really appreciate how great he was.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

ben shapino posted:

MF DOOM was a scam artist, he paid some random guy to perform at his shows with his mask on instead of actually performing himself. took his fans money and tricked them.

that's insanely funny and it's sad he died, RIP

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Seriously shook here, for an entire generation of millennial men that got C averages in high school but thought they were smart because they played video games MF Doom was an important stepping stone between listening to the Knuckles raps from the Sonic games and having the theme songs to The Boondocks and Samurai Champloo on your iPod Shuffle.

Yeah good one.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Devonaut posted:

got any cool rap about the snorks or fraggle rock?
Rick has ya covered

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

It's an unfortunate fact that many great rappers either wholesale invest in conspiracy theories or become bizarre spiritualists centered around patriarchal bullshit.
It's a miracle that Talib Kwali stayed normal.

My favorite weird conspiracy turn is Ice Cube becoming a huge freak for every conspiracy very suddenly

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Whenever I have something to say about one of the Ices, I need to do some thorough research to make sure I don’t gently caress up which one it is

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

sea of losers posted:

america's most blunted is one of the best madvillain tracks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jytxkJUM_7U

Yup.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Pimping my stuff in GBS like the classic captain Dan

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
LUM is so loving good. And the madlib remixes of madvillainy are as well. Amen and bless

E: I guess I’ll just add this https://youtu.be/3RbaWbjcN-k

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Helen Skelter posted:

I saw him at Warped Tour with my girlfriend at the time. She was a big fan so we waited in line for her to get an autograph. When we got to him he's talking to my girlfriend and I don't know what he says but she says "oh, no -- this is my boyfriend" gesturing to me. He says "THAT'S your boyfriend? Did your dad touch you or something?" in his stupid loving MC Chris voice. My girlfriend cried and ran away, she never told me what he said but he obviously tried to hook up with her and when she shut him down he reacted exactly how you'd expect a "Nerdcore" rapper to respond.

Lmao getting fuckin bodied by MC Chris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
All they care about are drugs guns bitches.... except aesop rock or sage Francis of course. When will these thugs learn