Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BB2K
Oct 9, 2012
im in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BB2K
Oct 9, 2012

do we have 2 base it on the track you give us? im new

BB2K
Oct 9, 2012
Blinding Lights

“I hate when music videos have parts where the music cuts out or does some weird poo poo. What’s the point? You watch it for the music, not the video. I guess some people do, but they’re the weird ones, not me. The MUSIC is the art, not the video. I mean, there’s art in the video, but it’s not the main draw is it? I don’t know what to do about it.”

“Why not use a streaming service? Like Spotify or Apple Music or something?”

“You sound like some of my friends. They always give me poo poo for playing my music through YouTube. But, I mean, who has the money for that? Twelve bucks a month? I guess I could have two or three less coffees a month. But I loving love coffee, man. I don’t really feel it, but I love the ritual of it. Being a coffee guy. What kinda guy was I before I drank coffee? People see me in the office now, and they think, there he is, Joe’s going to get a coffee. Before? Maybe I was going to the toilet. Maybe I was going to talk to Fiona at the other end of the room. I try not to talk to her too much, just in case people get the wrong idea, but I’m a happily married man! It’s just nice to talk to someone who gets you, you know?”

“Do you feel like I get you?”

“Well I bloody well hope so. I’m paying for you to get me, right? Do you think you do?”

“I think so, yes. But I’m not really getting why you needed to talk to me today. It’s not really about music videos, is it?”

“If I wanted to bitch about music videos, I’d talk to my wife. I just had the same kinda feeling again, you know. That I need to get away. The one you’re good at getting me out of. Music videos are kinda related. It’s all this distraction. Who really cares about music videos, you know? No one. They’re marketing. Everything is marketing. Everyone is trying to sell you something, something you don’t need. You were just trying to sell me on a streaming service, like, what the gently caress man?”

“Are you asking me if I’m getting kickbacks from these companies”?

“HAH! What? Are you listening to me? I don’t think you do get me. Is that what you think I think?”

“Well, it’s what I thought you wanted me to ask.”

“What is this man? Are just here to give you what you think I want?”

“We all have our off days.”

“All you seem to have are off days! All I seem to have are off days. Maybe no one is ever on, I guess. Must be nice to get paid so well on your off days, thought. I wish I could get paid more for my off days. And my days off.”

“Are you unsatisfied with your salary?”

“Who isn’t! I bet you wouldn’t mind just a little extra pocket change so you could go to more cocaine parties or whatever the gently caress you do. I haven’t done cocaine in a long, long time.”

“Joe, I don’t take drugs.”

“I bet that’s what you tell everyone. But I can see it in your eyes. You’re a fiend, man! I know one when I see one. My company is full of them. All the bosses!! They’re not even fun people. They must be going to the most unfun cocaine parties in the world. They must snort it all up, and then talk about sales figures and how their families are. God! I should be there! I’d liven things up. I’d be the centre of attention. I’d take my clothes off and dance in my underwear. And in the morning, I’d still have a job, because I’m the boss and I can do whatever it is that I would like to do!”

“So you want to be the boss now? Last time you were here you were talking about how there shouldn’t be any bosses.”

“Yeah, if I was the boss I could make that happen! After the party. Hahaha. What a party it would be."

"You know you can go to parties without being a boss?"

"It's not about the parties, man! It's about the…. Uhhhh…. Well…. What was it about again? I think that's what I was about to get to, right? I guess that's just it, man. There's no point. Why do I even come here? I'm out man."

"Okay Joe. See you next week?"

"Yeah you fucken wish, man."

BB2K
Oct 9, 2012
I will redeem my supposed to be funny last story in this round. Also with fake Australia