Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

I've never thought about ringing in the new year with a favorite bit of TV but I did finally break down and resub to HBO Max so I could watch Succession so I guess I'll be celebrating 2022 by telling fictional rich people to go gently caress themselves, seems thematically appropriate for our current sitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Oasx posted:

I just noticed that Netflix is making an Archive 81 show premiering in january, i'm a big fan of the podcast so I hope it will be good.

Bumping this because I'm really curious how they're going to handle it if it goes long. There's a ridiculous shift in the second season and I'm wondering if they're going to follow it through. I liked it off and on in season 1 but Season 2 made me dump it faster than just about anything I've listened to. Season 1 was decent enough, even if it wasn't really special. The side stories were the best part and from the description I'm not sure if they're going to do any of them.

It'd be nice if one of these podcast-to-TV things worked out though. Limetown sucked, right? It may as well have come out on WhatTimeIsItRightNow.com and then I heard bad things so I never checked.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Bumping this because I'm really curious how they're going to handle it if it goes long. There's a ridiculous shift in the second season and I'm wondering if they're going to follow it through. I liked it off and on in season 1 but Season 2 made me dump it faster than just about anything I've listened to. Season 1 was decent enough, even if it wasn't really special. The side stories were the best part and from the description I'm not sure if they're going to do any of them.

It'd be nice if one of these podcast-to-TV things worked out though. Limetown sucked, right? It may as well have come out on WhatTimeIsItRightNow.com and then I heard bad things so I never checked.

Yeah, Limetown and Homecoming both kinda sucked. I liked Archive 81 the whole way through, but the descriptions I've seen of the Netflix show give me the same vibe as those other two.

I think The Bright Sessions and King Falls AM were also in talks for TV deals but I don't know what's happening with that.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Catching up on Station Eleven (rocking new years woohoo) :

You know, at the beginning of episode 6 I was specifically thinking about how refreshing it was that Kirsten is a scary murder lady, but not like an over-blown kung-fu femme fatale. Then I watched the rest of the episode lol.

Ended up still working out really well and it’s not a complaint, but that juxtaposition was hilarious.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

station eleven is really good!

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

For my first piece of TV in 2022 I decided to rewatch the scene in Station Eleven episode 7 where Frank makes the guy’s voice on his tapes into the Tribe Called Quest beat and raps over it and everyone experiences a brief moment of joy and then I cried because it’s so beautiful and this show is so good

Happy new year TVIVers!!!!£
That was a really good scene.

Station Eleven is good.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Terry Silver summarizing the events of Karate Kid 3 in the new season of Cobra Kai is all I ever dreamt of.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Whoa, Yellowjackets just went full Raimi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3989431