Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

rn its 1 - 2 -3 - 6 - 5 - 4

Season 4 is the on the bottom rung but honestly it wasn't that bad. A little over sentimental, not as mean and weird as the other eps. But it did a couple things better than the Harmon seasons, esp regarding the relationship stuff. It just doesn't have enough funny jokes and there are a couple of outright stinker eps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Release the Pierceless cut

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
213564 is mine I think. The s5 finale is the worst non-s4 Community episode easy, but it also has MeowMeowBeenz and a couple of other episodes that put it over s6 for me. Also, Jonathan Banks is there!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

3 is the best Harmon Season and 6 is better than 1, I will die on these hills

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I wondered how long it would take for you to show up

Season 1 has some mediocre eps early on but nothing as bad as the celebrity impersonators one. Or the Chang movie one

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That's not a good episode but when Season 3 hits it hits

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Anyway, I'd need to rewatch but I distinctly remember preferring 6 to either 2 or 1 the very least.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/LOTRonPrime/status/1422255647106617359

I'm seeing two trees there folks

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
White Lotus owns so much

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

September 2022, jesus christ it's still over a year out?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

This year for Wheel of Time, next year for LOTR. I'm guessing it'll be like that for as long as they both are running.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Speaking of Community I just learned tbat Coach Beard from Ted Lasso is the hitchhiker Britta and Shirley pick up in season 3 during Annie's move.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Jesus loves marijuana

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

AngryBooch posted:

September 2022, jesus christ it's still over a year out?

Apparently they just wrapped filming for season 1.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Arist posted:

Jesus loves marijuana

And drinking human blood!

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

Apparently they just wrapped filming for season 1.

Wow, I feel like I've been hearing about the development of this LotR show for years, but I guess it was all pre-production.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

AngryBooch posted:

Wow, I feel like I've been hearing about the development of this LotR show for years, but I guess it was all pre-production.

I think it also just took forever to shoot.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Not to mention come up with an idea for shooting.

I didn't think of this before, but it's weird that the LOTR films are a Warner property but this went to Amazon. I have to assume if it went into development even a year or so later, the streaming wars would have been strong enough to prevent that.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I don't think Warner would have had deep enough pockets to outbid Amazon on TV rights.

Warner doesn't own all aspects of LOTR, they just have film rights (technically, it's New Line.)

New Line is involved in the production of the TV series though which is a little weird, but they probably view the success of this enhancing the film franchise.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

How has no one ever done a video essay on Vikings and how absolutely ridiculous it gets as it keeps going. There's been a lot of silly stuff happening, but in season 5 episode 9 a main character dies in the span of about 4 minutes of screentime from getting stung by a loving bee!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Rumor is that each episode is film-length.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I mean 20 episodes of supernatural can be 10 1.5 hr episodes.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Animal Kingdom is really good this season. You can cut the tension between the brothers with a knife.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

GreenNight posted:

I mean 20 episodes of supernatural can be 10 1.5 hr episodes.

film length for lotr is 3 hours

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
White Lotus good. CentaurWorld good. I am the duality of man.

Looten Plunder posted:

Animal Kingdom is really good this season. You can cut the tension between the brothers with a knife.

I think I gave up around mid season 3, and then I hurt that they ushered out the show's best character (IMO). A lot of the cast seemed to have really inconsistent motivations, and the show dropped actors and plots at the drop of a hat. I assume it was a very bad set to be on.

So I guess what I'm asking is: did Season 4 / 5 solve these problems? -- other than the aforementioned best character departure, which I can easily ignore if the rest of the show is good.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Escobarbarian posted:

White Lotus owns so much

Please be aware that the BLM activist is played by Uncle Rico.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I want the last two episodes of White Lotus so bad. With Molly Shannon’s entrance, I’m now thinking it’s her going onto the plane but man my opinion changes constantly.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

EL BROMANCE posted:

I want the last two episodes of White Lotus so bad. With Molly Shannon’s entrance, I’m now thinking it’s her going onto the plane but man my opinion changes constantly.

Thematically, it's got to Arnaud, right?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I went from wife (because that’s what they want you to think), Armond because holy poo poo he’s on a path to self destruction and has history with Shane, to Molly Shannon just because it’s a curve ball. I’m loving the intrigue and suspense though for sure.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I'm watching Dr. Death on Peacock now (the drama, not the identically named documentary they released at the same time)

Ms. Shugart is the exact same person as Margo from For All Mankind. No human could possibly tell them apart on voice

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

EL BROMANCE posted:

I went from wife (because that’s what they want you to think), Armond because holy poo poo he’s on a path to self destruction and has history with Shane, to Molly Shannon just because it’s a curve ball. I’m loving the intrigue and suspense though for sure.

My wife is convinced its going to be either the daughter or her friend.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Quinn is the least hosed up person so it's going to be him.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

My favorite part is how they are surrounded by the most stunning beach but they all just hang out at the resort pool all day. So yeah it's Quinn.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I haven't been watching White Lotus, but from what I've heard about I'm surprised that there is apparently some kind of cliffhanger suspense element.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

ShakeZula posted:

I haven't been watching White Lotus, but from what I've heard about I'm surprised that there is apparently some kind of cliffhanger suspense element.

Someone dies at the resort. It's not a spoiler as it's dropped in the first scene. I'm glad of it because I usually have difficulty with shows about rich people and I appreciate being promised some privileged rear end in a top hat's blood in advance. Speaking of, the reason I don't think it's Armand is that I don't think that people would be discussing it the same way if it was the help

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

drat 80k retweets

I'm assuming the show is gonna have a big prologue giving some backstory similar to how FOTR did with the rings of power and Sauron's defeat as the 2 trees are 1st age and the show is 2nd age.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My money is on Molly Shannon right now but I really enjoy not being able to say for sure. Also Molly Shannon is so good. I’ve been rewatching The Other Two s1 as well and she really is a fuckin treasure

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

213564 is mine I think. The s5 finale is the worst non-s4 Community episode easy, but it also has MeowMeowBeenz and a couple of other episodes that put it over s6 for me. Also, Jonathan Banks is there!

I think this is right. I still really like 6 though. It’s one of my favourite finales.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

My money is on Molly Shannon right now but I really enjoy not being able to say for sure. Also Molly Shannon is so good. I’ve been rewatching The Other Two s1 as well and she really is a fuckin treasure

I thought she was really good in Divorce. Also the royal wedding spoof coverage that HBO did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Man, this season of Rick and Morty has me thinking Roiland is mostly checked out and putting most of his effort into his other projects. It’s crazy comparing S2 of Solar Opposites to S5 of Rick and Morty. And I generally really like Rick and Morty, but this season. Ooof.