Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeEcEqHSI8k

Not quite Cleese's eulogy for Graham Chapman but I think Trevor would've appreciated it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
AP Bio is back and absolutely great!
These dorky kids are the best. Season 4 episode 2 is a delight.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Hughmoris posted:

Why you flanking me?

That was intense.

bull3964 posted:

That bundle was discontinued.

I didn't realize that. I still have the bundle, and after some researching it looks like for the time being if you had the bundle before it was discontinued that they allowed you to keep. The bad part is if you cancel for even a month, you lose the bundle.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Wheel of Time trailer.
https://youtu.be/3Fus4Xb_TLg

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I was getting a little worried about the lack of information from the show, but this looks pretty darn good.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

cant cook creole bream posted:

This loving season premiere :laffo:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

cant cook creole bream posted:

Is it still trapped on Peacock?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Binged AP Bio s4 in one go because 1. it’s really funny and good and 2. the seasons are too drat short. Same problem Girls5eva had

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Cool to see another big budget fantasy thing but I'm already exhausted at the idea of watching this for the next 15 years.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Mu Zeta posted:

Cool to see another big budget fantasy thing but I'm already exhausted at the idea of watching this for the next 15 years.
Or only 1 or 2 seasons if it bombs and there’s no ending. That’ll teach me to watch Cursed (that show kinda sucked, though).

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
WoT has already started production on season 2, so there will be at least two. They could do it all in 6-8 seasons depending on how much they cut/condense, it's got a complete story to work with so you can do a lot of editing when you know what will be important in the long run and what ends up going nowhere.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I can imagine all the writers and actors reading all 14 books going what the gently caress.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

RBA Starblade posted:

Is it still trapped on Peacock?

Shows on Peacock seem to last longer and get better than when on broadcast, so I'm not sure trapped is the right word. (Until Peacock inevitably ceases to exist, that is).

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

GreenNight posted:

I can imagine all the writers and actors reading all 14 books going what the gently caress.

I think I got through four or five of the books before falling off it. I remember it being pretty good overall, but cursed with loads of padding and filler. The battle scenes in particular I thought were really inventive and well-articulated. Can't wait to see this put to screen.

One of my last memories was (early-to-mid-ish-series spoiler) The main character Rand and one of his three love interests whose name I forget accidentally ended up teleporting to some ice-cave by accident or something, and to keep warm they ended up shagging of course because this is an epic fantasy book after all, and then she regretted it immediately and wanted to pretend it never happened.. I was listening to the audio version and was pretty depressed at that time in my life so that probably coloured my impressions of it. I'd probably enjoy it a lot more if I read it now.

Cactus fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Sep 2, 2021

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I love me some IASIP but I've never watched any of AP Bio. Might have to add it to the list.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Mythic Quest shares a lot of the same writers and producers if you haven't seen that.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Hughmoris posted:

I love me some IASIP but I've never watched any of AP Bio. Might have to add it to the list.

It's a very different, more wholesome show. Still hilarious. Though the "kids" are looking closer to 40...

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Shageletic posted:

Feels weird a show about the prison system is only starring white guys. I mean hopefully tgats the point?

Plenty of coloured people in that trailer. All of them in Jail or Gangs of course. You don't think the profiteers of the prison industrial complex aren't white right?

But yeah, apparently it's about 3 brothers that run the prison system in Michigan and do a bunch of Soprano-esque shenanigans too make money but then help out some disadvantaged people occasionally so the audience don't hate them.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

nate fisher posted:

Taylor Sheridan doing something that doesn't include an Indian reservation or isn't out west is like Shane Black doing a movie that takes place during Easter. The last Sheridan and Renner collaboration, Wind River, was 100% my jam, but Yellowstone, while my favorite guilty please show right now, is not that good. Still the cast looks good and trailer has my interest. I already have Paramount+ for Desus & Mero and Yellowstone is coming back too, so I will be watching.

I think you and I are the two big Yellowstone stans on here, and I agree with you.

I am concerned about Sheridan's recent track record of non-western/reservation stuff. The last couple of projects have been, to put it mildly....not good.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I liked the one with Littlefinger roaming around flyover America complaining about how it sucked and started forest fires. It's one of those mid budget 90s movies that starred Wesley Snipes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Man, the new Adventure Time special sure kills a lot of people.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
In The Dark has been so good this season. Murphy is such a PoS. Love my little random neo noir / teen drama / whatever the gently caress this show is.

(Also did Michael Showalter have some sort of traumatic incident involving a kidnapped friend/family member and a subsequent search party looking for them? Both shows of his I've seen -- Search Party and In The Dark -- are variations on that theme.)

muscles like this! posted:

Man, the new Adventure Time special sure kills a lot of people.

They deserved it. :colbert: Anyway, best character lived.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's a new AT special? Neat!

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Anyone watching the new season of AHS? I'm sure this will really go off the rails when they get to the double feature part, but it's actually an interesting take on vampires so far.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

bull3964 posted:

Anyone watching the new season of AHS? I'm sure this will really go off the rails when they get to the double feature part, but it's actually an interesting take on vampires so far.

Yo there's a bunch of us in the thread. Come hang.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Open Source Idiom posted:

Enjoying Only Murders In The Building. It's not going to set your world on fire, but it's super charming and likeable with some fine performances.

checked this out, it's extremely my poo poo

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Reservation Dogs was renewed for a 2nd season.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

bull3964 posted:

Reservation Dogs was renewed for a 2nd season.

gently caress yeah

It's my favorite thing to watch right now

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Mu Zeta posted:

I liked the one with Littlefinger roaming around flyover America complaining about how it sucked and started forest fires. It's one of those mid budget 90s movies that starred Wesley Snipes.
Those Who Wish Me Dead could have been a high tier Sheridan but Angelina Jolie was simply miscast. Felt like John Punisherman and Punisherwife should have been the main characters.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
AT Wizard City was a lot of fun if predictable. It really should have been the third special, though. Together Again was a perfect ending

Happy about the Rez Dogs renewal, it hasn’t blown me away but it’s a very solid show which imo can only get better

Glad others are checking out Only Murders, I really enjoyed the first 3 eps. The whole cast are so good.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

AT Wizard City was a lot of fun if predictable. It really should have been the third special, though. Together Again was a perfect ending

Yeah it was fun but kind of weird to make it the last one instead of the special which was Finn and Jake's final adventure.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Next season of Money Heist is on Netflix. I mean, with the seasons, they amped up the spectacle, and some more was to be expected with what being the last season, but christ, this is ridiculous. And I'm only on the second episode.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The show keeps jumping the shark over and over again. It is unrecognizable as the show of season 1.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So, the second episode of this week's What We Do In the Shadows was a tour de force performance from Kayvan Novak.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

So, the second episode of this week's What We Do In the Shadows was a tour de force performance from Kayvan Novak.

So I was watching on a train and distracted etc but it took me way too long to realise there was no dubbing. Fantastic work.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Escobarbarian posted:

So I was watching on a train and distracted etc but it took me way too long to realise there was no dubbing. Fantastic work.

Holy poo poo really? That was amazing then

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Medullah posted:

Holy poo poo really? That was amazing then

I mean, they do kind of mix it with the first part of the transformation dubbed and then all the stuff in the gym was him.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Ted Lasso’s opening song is in my top 3 of worst songs in the history of TV. loving Mumford & Sons dude.

Now a show with a great song…

Agreed. I’m so happy it is back.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

nate fisher posted:

Ted Lasso’s opening song is in my top 3 of worst songs in the history of TV. loving Mumford & Sons dude.

It's certainly no Terriers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Nine Perfect Strangers would be a thousand times better if Nicole Kidman wasn't saddled with a terrible Russian accent and also maybe if she just wasn't there at all.

Every time she turns up with her psycho sexual nature hippie bollocks I just tune out. Gimme more of that well performed guest bitching and beautiful Australian landscape.

Hope Asher Keddie gets more exposure after this show, but it doesn't look like it's a big enough part.

This is the most I've liked Melissa McCarthy in years, but all the guests are very good. Killer ensemble.