Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Spermando posted:

I read somewhere that he's in, but they're not revealing who he is for now.

Maddie Ziegler spent the entire Chandelier video doing Edward style nonsense to the point where it once seemed like a no-brainer, but I suppose that lovely movie was one step too far.

Besides, the character is so genderfluid and neurodivergent that it's kind of difficult to pull off today without being extremely careful, so I'm not surprised they're an Unseen Ally. Maybe we'll actually see them somewhere near the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

beginning to think this show will be really good

https://twitter.com/netflixgeeked/status/1441831654759280674?s=10

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

The Morning Show s2 is so bad. They completely wimped out on following up the season 1 finale in any way. Totally took the teeth out of it.

First episode felt like a disjointed mess.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Ed was the best character in the show.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Is there any way I can watch Foundation in 4K without an Apple TV+ subscription? Can I, like, rent or buy the season somewhere?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Nope.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

feedmyleg posted:

Is there any way I can watch Foundation in 4K without an Apple TV+ subscription? Can I, like, rent or buy the season somewhere?

It’s $5 a month and the first week is free if you want to wait a couple months...

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
But I want it now :mad:

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Midnight Mass was really great. Some of Flanagan’s best writing yet. I think I enjoyed the slower, non-horror moments more. The actual horror moments were great and visceral, but there are some really stunning scenes of just people talking with incredible performances.

Nothing as shocking and jaw dropping as Hill House’s “Bent Neck Lady” ending, but still some really stunning moments and a very thoughtful meditation on grief, guilt, and faith.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Netflix announced The Witcher was renewed for s3 and there will be a kids/family friendly spin off somehow.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

muscles like this! posted:

Netflix announced The Witcher was renewed for s3 and there will be a kids/family friendly spin off somehow.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Midnight Mass should be called Monologue Mass but Mike Flanagans Netflix horror series have always been like that so it's not unexpected. I'm on the last episode and I hope it gets crazy but if not it'd still be a nice atmospheric series for the season.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Which one is your favorite Witcher baby?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Arist posted:

They just showed the Cowboy Bebop opening and it's pretty amazing. It's the same song as the original with a lot of the same shots, but there's also a bunch of new footage and it looks silly as poo poo, in a good way.

e:

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1441830573182525444

Getting a lot of flack on twitter, but I like it. :colbert:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It looks great

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Charlz Guybon posted:

Getting a lot of flack on twitter, but I like it. :colbert:

is it the incels that qq about star wars endlessly

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's definitely a group that's pissed how Faye is wearing actual clothing and not a halter top/hot pants combo.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Riz Ahmed's in the radio version only. Boyd Holbrook's playing the Corinthian in the Netflix adaptation.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Open Source Idiom posted:

Riz Ahmed's in the radio version only. Boyd Holbrook's playing the Corinthian in the Netflix adaptation.

Yeah it can be a little confusing because they went with an all star cast for the audio drama adaptation.

Also I'm totally going to take credit for the fact that Doom Patrol s3 added the physical actors to the opening credits after complaining about it last year.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

There's definitely a group that's pissed how Faye is wearing actual clothing and not a halter top/hot pants combo.

Actress did a drat good job replying to it

quote:

"First I wanted to apologize to the fans that I do not anatomically match the Faye Valentine character," Pineda said. She summarized Faye's 'anatomy' as "Six foot, double-D size breasts, two-inch waist" and sarcastically remarked, "You know, they looked everywhere for that woman, and they couldn't find her. It's kinda weird. So they just went with my short rear end. I know, am I right?""

The other thing I wanted to bring up was, I wanted to apologize that the outfit I'm wearing is not exactly what she wears in the anime," Pineda said, referring to complaints her costume doesn't look like Faye's usual get-up in the anime -- which is implausibly short and thin and sometimes appears to be defying the laws of gravity. "You know, we tried, but doing stunts in tissue paper -- things disappear, they rip... That original costume, they made a couple of them, but like I said, they got sort of slurped up in my various crevices, never to be retrieved again. So, we really built something that could withstand the test of time."

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Yeah, a lot of the replies to the trailer are variations of ~i refuse to watch after the lead actress insulted the fan base~ which tells you all you need to know about that particular group.
:jerkbag:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Ugh, finally got to the Nanny episode that cameos a certain fat dotard. What a curse on my TV.
EDIT: Even over twenty years ago he already looked like old microwaved poo poo

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

That is so loving perfect I'm over here freaking out like a goober, can't wait

It feels like a fan video and I'm all in baby.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
That was way dumber than I conceived it of ever being, and I respect that.

Tamara Tunie is a bit of a get as well.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I was expecting a cover or new recording of the song though, not the exact same one.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

this was basically my reaction when i saw the trailer so im linking it to not be accused of plagiarism

https://twitter.com/headfallsoff/status/1441842628962619396

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

i don't know what that means but I'm still gonna watch it lol

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

I saw Pierrot le Fou and the Youngest Shaft Brother in the opening so I'm gonna watch it for that alone.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I just saw Squid Game on Netflix. Leave it to the Koreans to make the most depressing stories.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I didn’t know American Crime Story Impeachment would have this much discussion of Gerald McRaney, but I approve.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If the live action Cowboy Bebop is well liked by regular people and manages to piss off weebs, it might be show of the year.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

EL BROMANCE posted:

If the live action Cowboy Bebop is well liked by regular people and manages to piss off weebs, it might be show of the year.
So much of the show's reception really seems like a no win scenario as evidenced by the reactions already, you're going to piss off someone. But this definitely seems like the BEST case scenario we're in right now. I don't have a super fervent attachment to the show, but when originally I saw "Netflix going to show the Bebop opening credits" my reaction was "HOW are they going to replace Tank?!?!" and when I finally saw it I knew they made the perfect call.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

EL BROMANCE posted:

Honestly, at this point I think it may just pull it off. The original is amazing, in its own right, so a 1:1 adaptation could just bring that to the mainstream. There are some visual elements that will be hard to translate without crossing the border between live action Speed Racer and live action Ghost in the Shell, so I'll be interested to see which side of the divide it falls onto.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Live action Speed Racer is what every anime adaption should strive towards.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Cael posted:

you're going to piss off someone.

I just want the industry to fast-forward through giving a poo poo about 500 angry toxic 14 year old nerds online.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

One of best parts about Netflix series is the score is done by the guy who did score for anime

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

One of best parts about Netflix series is the score is done by the guy who did score for anime

Incredible post

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

I hope this isn't bad so hard.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

The main actress responded to criticisms about her clothes/body, so expect 5-hour video essays about how the plot doesn't make any sense because no-one thinks to give the dog a gun and how Faye is a mass murderer because she knocked over a fruit stand and now the greengrocer's kids can't go to college.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

feedmyleg posted:

But I want it now :mad:

If you have Sprint/T-Mobile you can get 6 months free. Or if you have a PS5 you can get it for a year for free (you may be able to do it if a friend has a PS5 you can log into).