Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ahh, the CSI route :hmmyes:.

More like the Chicago route since they're all Dick Wolf shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Kim’s Convenience good

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
My goon history episode about the odyssey got moved up and my usual reader is busy so if you have ever wanted to honestly say you replaced Lance Reddick in a project send me some readings from The Odyssey.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I played an elderly Odysseus in a high school production of The Odyssey, I'm sure I could pull it off. Does your production also intercut with a bunch of Gilligan's Island sketches written by a high school theater director?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

feedmyleg posted:

I played an elderly Odysseus in a high school production of The Odyssey, I'm sure I could pull it off. Does your production also intercut with a bunch of Gilligan's Island sketches written by a high school theater director?

I mean, it might now that you put that idea in my head.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

Kim’s Convenience good

It's way better then I expected. The parents in it are easily the stand out stars of the show.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I mean, it might now that you put that idea in my head.

There were also step-aerobic dance sequences if that helps.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Norwegian Rudo posted:

More like the Chicago route since they're all Dick Wolf shows.

New York, if you really want to get technical, since Chicago Fire and PD had crossovers with SVU first, I think as far back as Fire's second and PD's first seasons.

Although I was surprised to see Tracy Spiridakos loaned from PD to FBI for like a month last season; not every day you see characters crossing not just shows, but networks. Dick Wolf loves him some synergy, I guess.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I've started watching the miniseries on HBO Max about the Heaven's Gate cult and it is pretty interesting. It has a lot of first hand info as there are interviews with three former members, along with a retired college professor who infiltrated the cult in the early days of it.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

I've started watching the miniseries on HBO Max about the Heaven's Gate cult and it is pretty interesting. It has a lot of first hand info as there are interviews with three former members, along with a retired college professor who infiltrated the cult in the early days of it.

It's decent and I think the talking head interviews are the best part, but if you're really interested, I'd listen to the Heaven's Gate podcast that Glynn Washington put out back in 2017. It's ten ~45 minute-long episodes so not too much of a commitment, but I think it did a much better job of going deep into the background of Heaven's Gate and their context in the cult and conspiracy cultures of the 1970s-90s. I really enjoyed listening to it. It also benefits from the fact that Washington himself grew up in a cult, and there's an episode that's just him giving his own experiences and how that shaped his perception of Heaven's Gate and cults in general.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I finally finished Raised By Wolves and hated the finale. Overall I enjoyed the season mostly because of the world building and Mother and Father, but that loving goddamn baby space snake was the dumbest poo poo. That and the super contrived death of the rapist dude pissed me off.

I hope the writers do something good with it next season but I'm not sure they know what they want the show to be at this point.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I like FBI: Most Wanted and I know that makes me an old. However, of all the copaganda it actually feels leftist in a way the cases are brought up and the way they are resolved.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Stephen Amell's wrestling drama show has finally started filming.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Pro wrestling or high school/college stuff?

Edit: Oh, he's the Arrow guy/part time wrestler. It's pro wrestling. (On Starz)

Looten Plunder fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Feb 9, 2021

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
This might be considered a movie rather than a TV special but I just got done with the Frank Oz directed Derek DelGaudio's In & of Itself and it was goddam incredible.

Trailer is here. It doesn't spoil much but the less you know about it the better (although I watched the trailer beforehand and it was still amazing)

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Finally getting caught up on The Stand. Wow. This show is loving bad. So many desicions in it are just completely baffling.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Stephen Amell's wrestling drama show has finally started filming.

Look forward to that. He really does love wrestling and has a passion for it. He had a great first match in WWE with then Stardust and had a amazing match in AEW with Christopher Daniels. Even took some nasty bumps.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Timby posted:

New York, if you really want to get technical, since Chicago Fire and PD had crossovers with SVU first, I think as far back as Fire's second and PD's first seasons.

Although I was surprised to see Tracy Spiridakos loaned from PD to FBI for like a month last season; not every day you see characters crossing not just shows, but networks. Dick Wolf loves him some synergy, I guess.

I was thinking more about how Chicago Fire got a spinoff before it was a big hit, and then they did the same with FBI.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
No news about Lovecraft Country, and it's been almost a year. Getting the sense it's not coming back.

It was a bit of a mess in the end, eh?

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Open Source Idiom posted:

No news about Lovecraft Country, and it's been almost a year. Getting the sense it's not coming back.

It was a bit of a mess in the end, eh?

It premiered less than six months ago.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

...of SCIENCE! posted:

It premiered less than six months ago.

WTF?

Jesus, time has not flown. gently caress this last year.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Digital Jedi posted:

Look forward to that. He really does love wrestling and has a passion for it. He had a great first match in WWE with then Stardust and had a amazing match in AEW with Christopher Daniels. Even took some nasty bumps.

That PPV match with him blew away everyone who was expecting another "celeb guest" match that is very clearly super scripted to avoid injuring the celebrity. Amell did a flying tackle off the top turnbuckle onto the two opponents who were outside the ring.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

pentyne posted:

That PPV match with him blew away everyone who was expecting another "celeb guest" match that is very clearly super scripted to avoid injuring the celebrity. Amell did a flying tackle off the top turnbuckle onto the two opponents who were outside the ring.

This was better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_4OCIFyZKY&t=734s

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/timothycsimons/status/1359166159686410242?s=21

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Seems like there’s more nature shows than ever now. I love to put these shows on as background noise, but my wife can’t/won’t watch ones that feature animals getting hunted/eaten by other animals or dying gruesomely.

Is there a website like doesthedogdie.com for nature shows to find out if it’s the kind of show that features this stuff or not?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxlPGPupdd8

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

My dude Jerry Phillips up there already mentally writing that $500 check to record this lol

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Search Party was renewed for another season.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

It's good, but Amell's clearly gassed by the end (and I'm mad they didn't do the spot where Jerry Lynn lost it, hit the Gotch piledriver and threw Daniels on top for the pin)

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
A random TV thing I stumbled upon today... Jim Beaver, the guy that plays Ellsworth on Deadwood, is pretty dang active on Quora: https://www.quora.com/profile/Jim-Beaver

Answering all sorts of random questions, mostly related to television and movies. It's funny seeing him talk about Deadwood, and how one of the actors refused to film their death scene so the character just kind of disappeared.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Hughmoris posted:

A random TV thing I stumbled upon today... Jim Beaver, the guy that plays Ellsworth on Deadwood, is pretty dang active on Quora: https://www.quora.com/profile/Jim-Beaver

Answering all sorts of random questions, mostly related to television and movies. It's funny seeing him talk about Deadwood, and how one of the actors refused to film their death scene so the character just kind of disappeared.

He's very active on the internet -- he's a prolific IMDB updater.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Hughmoris posted:

This is cool, thanks for sharing. He's a fun Twitter follow too and posts a lot about older movies.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Search Party was renewed for another season.

:sickos:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Resident Alien is so my jam, and Tudyk is killing it. It being humanity, but also acting.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Just watched all three episodes so far this evening and yeah it's pretty drat fun! Was a little disappointed at the very end of ep3 though. I guess it's not surprising for them to go that route but it seems too soon to me.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Where are y’all watching these, is it only the syfy app

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I watched Resident Alien on demand on the atttvnow app. It works pretty well now that I'm the only subscriber left!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Inspector 34 posted:

I watched Resident Alien on demand on the atttvnow app. It works pretty well now that I'm the only subscriber left!

I still have the set top box in a drawer as a reminder of how bad tech released in 2019 or whatever can actually be.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What ep of curb was it that he gets or gives a ride to a stranger and they end up in this ratty looking house in lovely part of the hills and I think the inhabitants are kind of weird quick it's very important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The forthcoming HBO Max show “Generation” (styled “Genera+ion”) — created by 19-year-old Zelda Barnz and her father Daniel Barnz, and executive produced by Lena Dunham — is touting itself as an ultra-realistic look at high school life.

Unfortunately, last Thursday, “Generation” took verisimilitude too far. In a scene set in a biology class, the production used actual dead cats for the actors to dissect.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh