Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

drrockso20 posted:

Anyone else giving The Muppet Show a watch now that it's on Disney+, cause it's still really good

Is it all five seasons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Ugly In The Morning posted:

At least I live in a state where it’s relatively legal!

I managed to get it to stop, but final 911 call count was 589.

Lmao holy gently caress

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Is it all five seasons?

I think all but three episodes?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Is it all five seasons?

Yup, only two episodes missing(four if we count the pilots)* and a few songs from a couple other episodes which considering the legal minefield the show has been in the past is very impressive on Disney's part

*one of those probably being left off as it's guest star ended up being a pedophile

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Does it have the UK spots?
Edit: for those who don't know, the UK version had fewer commercials so they had a few more minutes of content. Couldn't involve continuity or the guest star so it was usually a song, but not always.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU27gd34R-I

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Feb 22, 2021

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Bruceski posted:

Does it have the UK spots?
Edit: for those who don't know, the UK version had fewer commercials so they had a few more minutes of content. Couldn't involve continuity or the guest star so it was usually a song, but not always.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU27gd34R-I

Going off the Wikipedia episode list(which helpfully lists content not included on Disney+) it varies, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

drrockso20 posted:

Yup, only two episodes missing(four if we count the pilots)* and a few songs from a couple other episodes which considering the legal minefield the show has been in the past is very impressive on Disney's part

*one of those probably being left off as it's guest star ended up being a pedophile

Which one? :suspense:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Link Hogthrob. I'll never be able to watch Pigs in Space the same way again. :(

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Some British guy named Chris Langham who I've never heard of before, apparently he was a writer on the show who got given the Guest Star role as something of a gag when Richard Pryor dropped out at the last minute

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’m finally watching Cobra Kai now that it’s on a real streaming service and uh... it’s kinda great? I mean it definitely looks cheap and it’s not going to win any awards for production design or cinematography but the characters are sympathetic and some of the kids are genuinely funny, which is way more than I ever expected for a Karate Kid show centered around “that one douchebag teen villain from the original”.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Now that Tell Me Your Secrets (previously titled Deadlier Than The Male when TNT commissioned it) has finally been released on Amazon Prime, are there any other lost seasons of television still floating around out there?

I thought Squirrel Girl, but apparently that never made it past the pilot stage.

(Starring Lily Rabe, Hamish Linklater and Amy Brenner's, btw. Plus a kitten.)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Open Source Idiom posted:

Now that Tell Me Your Secrets (previously titled Deadlier Than The Male when TNT commissioned it) has finally been released on Amazon Prime, are there any other lost seasons of television still floating around out there?

I thought Squirrel Girl, but apparently that never made it past the pilot stage.

(Starring Lily Rabe, Hamish Linklater and Amy Brenner's, btw. Plus a kitten.)

I'm still kinda mad about New Warriors not going anywhere, they had the perfect actress lined up to play Squirrel Girl and everything

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

drrockso20 posted:

They also put unskippable content warnings on 18 episodes.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

They also put unskippable content warnings on 18 episodes.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Yes, giving context but otherwise letting the content be available is totally cancel culture.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I mean Fox News had a segment about Mr Rogers being a menace to children

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I'm old enough to remember when conservatives invented ~cancel culture~ by cancelling French Fries through an Act of Congress.

But, please Fox News, tell me more about Disney+'s back catalogue... :jerkbag:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/PhilNobileJr/status/1363548941372051459

I'm more concerned about the massive headshot next to an A1 byline, what kind of operation is Perry White running over there. Every other Daily Planet reporter must loving hate Lois Lane

UnquietDream
Jul 20, 2008

How strange that nobody sees the wonder in one another

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/PhilNobileJr/status/1363548941372051459

I'm more concerned about the massive headshot next to an A1 byline, what kind of operation is Perry White running over there. Every other Daily Planet reporter must loving hate Lois Lane

Isn't part of the set up for the new show that the Daily Planet goes bankrupt or they get fired or something?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Selfie stick obviously

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’m finally watching Cobra Kai now that it’s on a real streaming service and uh... it’s kinda great? I mean it definitely looks cheap and it’s not going to win any awards for production design or cinematography but the characters are sympathetic and some of the kids are genuinely funny, which is way more than I ever expected for a Karate Kid show centered around “that one douchebag teen villain from the original”.
I felt this way about the first season, but only the first season. For me the show took a nosedive when Kreese showed up. Everything abruptly shifts from a semi-plausible character study about a washed up jock who can't let go of his past, to a lawless cartoon world where a junior karate tournament in the 80s was the most important thing that has ever happened.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

sticklefifer posted:

I felt this way about the first season, but only the first season. For me the show took a nosedive when Kreese showed up. Everything abruptly shifts from a semi-plausible character study about a washed up jock who can't let go of his past, to a lawless cartoon world where a junior karate tournament in the 80s was the most important thing that has ever happened.

Well I simply accept that framing.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The first season is a lot of fun but they keep forgetting the "fun" part in the next two seasons.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Everything with Kreese is kind of annoying and bad (and that’s a lot of the show) but I still enjoy everything else and the fact everyone in the town thinks karate is so important is really drat funny

Ralph Macchio literally says “karate Footloose” in the s3 premiere

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PushingUpRoses does a video talking about the history of Columbo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v3Fi9dDkYY
Little different from her normal stuff as usually she just talks about a specific episode instead of doing a whole series retrospective like this.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Spider-Man took the photo

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
If we're using Spider-Man logic to figure this out, then... Lois Lane is Superman!!! :monocle:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I have to say I love how distinctively on brand UK-television Behind Her Eyes is with their HBTQ representation. Literally just Sherlock all over again. I'd call it offensive if not for this being one of the stupidest shows I've watched so far this year.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
New season of Snowfall starts in two days.
Trailer

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1363989154619674626?s=21

Will The Rock's Jungle Cruise be part of this new universe?

What about Jack Sparrow? Or the Haunted Mansion and Country Bears?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's Ronald D Moore so I'm guessing Space Mountain/Tomorrowland gets a lot of screen time.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Been watching Avenue 5. Just finished up episode 8. Holy poo poo, that airlock scene.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
One of those weird coincidences just happened and I need to tell someone.

I've rarely watch Netflix (I steal most stuff but I have it for my kids) but I've been binging The Last Kingdom the last couple of weeks. The whole time I've had the poster advertising Lupin on the homepage but I've completely ignored it. I thought it might have been a spinoff of Lucifer or something (for reference, until now I was completely unaware that its a super long standing franchise/character).

Seperate to that, I decided to randomly start listening to a new miniseries of the Blank Check Podcast and decide to pick the Miyazake miniseries, he's been a director that I've got a few blind spots of and I wanted to find out whether they recommend dubs or subs. The first episode is on The Casle of Cagliostro which is a movie starring the character of Lupin III who is a decendent of Lupin! Miyazake also directed a bunch of episodes of the Manga.

So loving weird.

Anyway, has anyone watched Lupin? Is there a subs version cause this dubbing is cringe?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga0iTWXCGa0

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Yes. the subs version is much more superior and the story is great fun. I ought to make a thread for it before the second half drops.

also Omar is very 👀

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I wonder what Marine Le Pen and her ilk think of the Lupin show.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I imagine a large % of her fashbase loves it and sees no contradiction because contrary to the current orthodoxy I believe the vast majority of viewers simply redefine media to match their own worldview & are barely influenced by it at all

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Yes. the subs version is much more superior and the story is great fun. I ought to make a thread for it before the second half drops.

Pretty much all the Netflix dubs are bad, they only put the minimum amount of effort into it. Which is fine, because dubbing is almost always dumb unless it's something made for kids.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Oasx posted:

Pretty much all the Netflix dubs are bad, they only put the minimum amount of effort into it. Which is fine, because dubbing is almost always dumb unless it's something made for kids.

Their subtitling is often pretty poo poo too, ngl.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, I tried to watch an episode of Dark with the dub and I just couldn't do it. The acting just doesn't fit and it sounds very soundbooth-y.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nundizo
Feb 9, 2021

sticklefifer posted:

Yeah, I tried to watch an episode of Dark with the dub and I just couldn't do it. The acting just doesn't fit and it sounds very soundbooth-y.

Has there ever been a non-english show with a good dub?