Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/lisasrina/status/1365028600639082499?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?

Lmao "pound back jerk chicken"

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

bull3964 posted:

Personally, none, but they exist. There are potentially as many as 600 people that have hit the 110 mark and the top ten oldest (verifiable) all hit 117.

I bet that .0000078% of the population remember a ton from when they were zero years old.

Putting aside my pointless nitpicking, hey, for all the The Good Lord Bird fans out there, I spotted a wild Onion on last nights Snowfall. Apparantly he's going to be in two episodes (although he didn't even get a line in this episode)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Close Enough is back. Watched the first two episodes tonight and that first one definitely has that Regular Show energy that I love.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm not really sure how I feel about this animation style they chose

https://twitter.com/paramountplus/status/1364718515626860552

Stop trying to make Rugrats a thing!

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
https://twitter.com/paramountplus/status/1364714772684443652

As it's my favorite bit in the entire show, I'm glad that every Reno 911! news article these days includes some reference to New Boot Goofin'

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Any idea if that’s going to be completely new material or is it a re-use of what they’d already started to shoot for the new season before Quibi tanked?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Reno 911 is the only cop show I can still watch. God it was so good.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This is just how teens talk now

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

zoux posted:

This is just how teens talk now

It sounds like it was written by an "aspiring rap battle star". Almost on purpose? What show even is that

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Simone Magus posted:

It sounds like it was written by an "aspiring rap battle star". Almost on purpose?

Eminem?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I said "aspiring", not "failed" :j:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/paramountplus/status/1364737994436009987?s=20

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This fistfight scene that closes out episode 3 of The Knick is so gorgeous and stylised and it literally comes out of nowhere what the gently caress Soderbergh owns so much

https://youtu.be/WJsFKB6a2Dg

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

This fistfight scene that closes out episode 3 of The Knick is so gorgeous and stylised and it literally comes out of nowhere what the gently caress Soderbergh owns so much

I don't know if the whole show is shot handheld, but tons of it is and Soderberg knows how to use that method so well.

Algernon's story arc is so compelling and Holland's performance is so good, the show would be well worth it if it was all him. Not to knock Clive Owen who kills it, but Holland's on another level.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I just remembered there was a Workaholics Netflix movie that got incredibly bad reviews but which I thought was pretty funny

Nundizo
Feb 9, 2021
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1365319542793252866

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah, its a gorgeous show. I started watching it yesterday after all the recent chatter about it, and am really enjoying it. The material is heavy and I can see why it didn't attract a huge crowd of weekly viewers, especially with the first scene in the pilot.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

:woop:

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Simone Magus posted:

It sounds like it was written by an "aspiring rap battle star". Almost on purpose? What show even is that

It's this one:

Hizawk posted:

Ginny and Georgia is a really fun and clever show.

Only three episodes in, but I'm super hooked and all the characters are very interesting and seem to have some serious depth.

I gave it a go based on that post. It's sort of like a contemporary Gilmour Girls but replace "super-privileged background" with "chequered past" - at least that's what I think the show is going for based on the Gilmour Girls reference in the pilot. I'm enjoying it and although I haven't got to that bit yet none of the teen dialogue has caused me to want to stop watching; some of it is even quite funny. I've though "nobody talks like that" a few times but then, I'm in my 40s in the UK and as such I have absolutely no idea how teenagers here, nevermind ones in the US, speak. So maybe they do!

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Such a long break! "Young" Mike is gonna look like a shrivelled old prune by the end of this show.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Par for the course when Todd looks 20 years older in El Camino

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
At least El Camino is a sequel

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Looten Plunder posted:

At least El Camino is a sequel

yeah, but Ricky Hitler was in the flashbacks

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Not sure if Dick Hitler is the worst name or best name.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
What year are we in with Better Call Saul anyway? Assume the start of Breaking Bad is 2008, aren't we still several years away from 2008? This season could be a mess with the amount of time jumps we're probably going to have.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:hellyeah: way sooner than I expected

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

late to the party but god drat Watchmen episode 6 is like art/masterpiece. The closest thing I can think of is the dream episode in season 2 of The Leftovers. Damon Lindelof is really obsessed with uniforms defining you.

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Looten Plunder posted:

What year are we in with Better Call Saul anyway? Assume the start of Breaking Bad is 2008, aren't we still several years away from 2008? This season could be a mess with the amount of time jumps we're probably going to have.

BCS Season 1 started May 2002. By the end of Season 5, we're in June 2004.

Breaking Bad is from 2008 to 2010.

Gene's events are happening sometime in 2012.

They're gonna have to catch up and also finish/resolve Gene's storyline.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Why would the show need to catch up to 2008?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

A lot of people have always assumed that the show will reach or overlap with Breaking Bad but really at this point there's not much of anything to indicate that's the case.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

A lot of people have always assumed that the show will reach or overlap with Breaking Bad but really at this point there's not much of anything to indicate that's the case.

There was that one scene set during Breaking Bad, so I can see why people might expect more but I personally don't buy that we'll get much if anything.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Mu Zeta posted:

late to the party but god drat Watchmen episode 6 is like art/masterpiece. The closest thing I can think of is the dream episode in season 2 of The Leftovers. Damon Lindelof is really obsessed with uniforms defining you.

:emptyquote:
:goonsay:

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

I just finished the season recently as well and agree with all of this. I also really loved episode 8 and the way it was set up. I just really enjoyed the whole season overall - having never read the comics and remembering nothing about the movie, I thought the entire season was excellent and super compelling from the start. It's great to have a single season story for a show as well.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Watchmen was great and it was so rewarding watching reality just continually shut down the people who spent the entire show swearing that it was objectively terrible, first with it sweeping the emmys and then the entire past year proving it right on every front.

I wish more people would have taken it as an object lesson against dismissing media you haven't actually seen just because a small handful of weirdos with an ideological axe to grind say it had bad politics, but alas.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I think the only "problem" I have with Watchmen is that it's really hard to recommend to someone who hasn't read the source material. It does its own thing, but large swaths of it just wouldn't make sense otherwise. They'd either have to invest the time to read 12 issues of a 1986 comic book series, or watch a just-OK movie adaptation with a really truncated version of events and a different ending. A catch-up special or "episode zero" airing before the show would've been a good idea. I even had to look up a refresher because it had been years since I'd read it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I didn’t read the source material and haven’t watched the movie since it was in theaters and I thought it was great.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Regy Rusty posted:

Open Source Idiom posted:

There was that one scene set during Breaking Bad, so I can see why people might expect more but I personally don't buy that we'll get much if anything.

Whilst I can't recall them ever saying it, I just figured that seeing Saul doesn't appear til like the end of Season 2 we'd get a ton of the side by side timeline stuff from what was happening in the first 1.5 seasons in the lead up to his introduction.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

sticklefifer posted:

I think the only "problem" I have with Watchmen is that it's really hard to recommend to someone who hasn't read the source material. It does its own thing, but large swaths of it just wouldn't make sense otherwise. They'd either have to invest the time to read 12 issues of a 1986 comic book series, or watch a just-OK movie adaptation with a really truncated version of events and a different ending. A catch-up special or "episode zero" airing before the show would've been a good idea. I even had to look up a refresher because it had been years since I'd read it.

My wife never read the comic or saw the movie, and even though she was really skeptical, even after the first episode, she ended up really loving the TV show and understanding everything set out and referred to within the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Mu Zeta posted:

I mean Fox News had a segment about Mr Rogers being a menace to children

How?

I hope everyone laughed at them for this.