Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Croatoan posted:

And I tried for the 4th time to get into The Expanse and bounced off hard. I think I need to give up. I really wanna get into it but it doesn't grab me. I'm broken.

How far have you gotten? When it first started airing on tv I think we were halfway through the first season before it finally clicked for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I just finished Haunting of Bly Manor, overall I thought it was pretty mediocre. It's hard to get interested in anyone's death or relationship when none of the characters have any real personality or substance

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Finished the last season of Sabrina, overall it was an improvement over the previous season, but still not great. Even though the set and costume people clearly had a lot of fun, it also feels clear that the writers had run out of ideas, it’s for the best that it ended now.

Escobarbarian posted:

Mr. Mayor is very funny

I thought it was a generic bad American comedy, but I may have had too high expectations after The Good Place.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

pentyne posted:

I can't remember how long ago I started but I finally managed to drag myself through the last season of Grimm.

I 100% agree. I really liked it when it first started airing, but then it started falling apart.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

SimonChris posted:

Speaking of Ryan Hansen, what happened to that web show where he played himself trying to convince the Veronica Mars cast to make a show with Dick as a private investigator? Is it worth trying to track it down?

It was fine, I wouldn't go to any great effort to find it, but it's worth watching if you are a fan.

Later on he did Ryan Hansen Solves Crimes on Television for youtube, that one is a lot more fun.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

FilthyImp posted:

Most of that film looked good though.

The movie looked great for its time, the only problem was the plot.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

muscles like this! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32sA_i1kzCc
This looks like it could be interesting. Kind of like an unofficial adaptation of Roadside Picnic, except its all of America/the world.

The video isn’t available here, what is it called?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

radlum posted:

It was weird; what other shows are using COVID as part of their background?

Law & Order SVU features it a lot.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Yes. the subs version is much more superior and the story is great fun. I ought to make a thread for it before the second half drops.

Pretty much all the Netflix dubs are bad, they only put the minimum amount of effort into it. Which is fine, because dubbing is almost always dumb unless it's something made for kids.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Debris reminds me a lot of Threshold, an excellent one season show from 2005, though Threshold had a much stronger cast. The first episode was decent, though the preview of the rest of the season seemed more intriguing.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Iron Crowned posted:

I don't remember Threshold, I kept trying to think of it, but my brain kept reminding me of Surface.

It came out as the same time as Surface and invasion, all three sci fi shows that only lasted a season. Surface got most of the attention but Threshold was the best among the three in my opinion. Among others it had Peter Dinklage and Brent Spiner on the cast.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I have a soft-spot for those lovely, mid-2000s Friday Night dramas...they all ended up being a blend of Lost with a sappy, Grey's Anatomy outro set to some trendy music. Nothing says drama is coming like watching slow-mo shots of all of your characters set to The Strokes...

Jericho, Revolutions, Fringe, New Amsterdam...

Come on! Name your favorite, lovely 2000s network dramas!

Did you just call Fringe lovely??

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I don't have the same confidence in Rob Thomas as I used to. iZombie just fizzled out during the last few seasons, and the new season of Veronica Mars was a little disappointing.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I actually enjoyed the latest episode of Young Rock, the show is pretty fun when it deals with all the classic wrestlers, that should just have been what the show was about.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I should give Resident Alien another shot, the first episode didn't do much for me.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Even with Fuller leaving, if ratings are mediocre I don't understand why they haven't tried to wrap up the story these last few seasons.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I use https://next-episode.net

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I am enjoyed Superman and Lois, but I could have done without the emo kid. I am a little tired of seeing pretty young people get cool superpowers and then whine about how they are a freak.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Qmass posted:

when is billions finishing their season ?

I don’t think anyone knows, nothing has been communicated.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I'm starting to warm up to Young Rock a lot more, the wrestlers are still the best part, but the rest of the show is coming along better now.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I know that i'm about 40 years too late, but I just finished Little House on the Prarie and it was really good!

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Iron Crowned posted:

Little House on the Prairie is inoffensive family faire. I haven't seen all of it, but my mom loved it so, when I was growing up and we had a day off from school (and during the summer), it was time for LIttle House as soon as the cartoons ended around 9am. She departed the wisdom on me that every episode falls into one of two categories, sad or funny.

That Nelly Olson was a snotty little poo poo though

I don't think it's fair to call it inoffensive. Sure it isn't The Wire, but a surprising amount of people die. Compared to dramas of today it can get pretty darn dark.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Both Picard and Discovery started off good, but then ended up being kinda bad. But I will keep watching because I keep hoping that someone will realize why TNG was the best Star Trek series.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I've been watching Fargo for the first time, it's quite good. Though I like Legion better.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That'd be the creators of Lower Decks and Seth MacFarlane.

I know that people like them, but they aren't really for me.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The Nevers was very much my thing, but I also expected it to be. It will be interesting to see what changes once the new showrunner takes over.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The trailer looked cool until they revealed that the zombies were smart and could run.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Jim Caviezel was always super religious, isn't that big of a step towards crazy conspiracy theories. Person of Interest is still great, never really about him specifically either way.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Rome is the best thing to ever come out from HBO, amazing show.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The ending to Halt and Catch Fire was such BS.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I keep confusing Brockmire with Longmire.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

muscles like this! posted:

This week's Debris is the most Fringe-y its ever been. The episode involved alternate realities which lead to a fun montage of Bryan with a succession of different partners and the person who found the debris of the week noping out every time he saw that Finola wasn't there.

Very fringe-y with the older scientist and all, I think the show is improving though it is obviously not at the level of even Fringe season 1.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I need to re-watch Prison Break, the first season is really good and there is no reason to watch the others imho.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The Good Place is at #46 and Better Off Ted isn't even there.

The list sucks.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The late night format is so incredibly stale, Stephen Colbert is just a shadow of his former self, especially with no audience around.
On the other hand Conan has just been so much more interesting when he has been able to do what he likes, doing improv comedy and having fun with people, and not be shackled by the expectations of a big late night show.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
British Kitchen Nightmares is genuinely good, Gordon just travels around and helps restaurants, no unnecessary drama.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Travellers started off really good, but then became kinda dumb during the end, I could never get into the other two.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Rhyno posted:

I finished Jupiter's Legacy and there's some good ideas in there but overall it was a waste of time. Some bad casting, terrible costuming, lousy acting and very unimpressive special effects.

I liked it overall, but it was much too slow. There was no reason for them to spend so long on a boring flashback origin story, especially not when the present stuff wasn't much better either.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Aardvark! posted:

Love Death Robots season 2 is out apparently. Think I might watch through tonight.

Anybody watch any yet?

It's pretty short, but that also means that the overall quality is higher, I liked it.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Grey Area posted:

Speaking of Whedon, it looks to me that the claim he didn't have much to do with the production of The Nevers is bullshit. He has "directed by" credits on 3 of 5 episodes so far. Maybe he left before post-production but he was certainly there for much of the shooting.

He is the creator of the show so it would have been odd for him not to be involved in the production, he left the show a few weeks before the news of his actions came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I can’t tell if copaganda is some kind of high level meme or if people are actually upset about tv shows where the cops are imperfect (like all people) but ultimately good.