Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I didn't see a thread for the Conners but I've given up. We didn't watch the first season when it was the revived Roseanne, but curiosity got the best of us after she was fired. It was enjoyable for a couple seasons, but at this point it's just non-stop misery and Darlene is the worst person in the world and nothing good ever happens and even the kids are hosed. Not to mention all the stunt casting like Matthew Broderick and Jason Alexander and Patton Oswalt and on and on. At least the original Roseanne had some standalone episodes that were fun and funny. They don't even do proper Halloween and Thanksgiving episodes anymore, and those were consistently some of the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I mean, I always appreciated Roseanne and then the Conners being more realistic about what a family in that situation would have to endure. But at this point, what are we supposed to be laughing at? Haha, the pandemic is still ongoing. Haha, Darlene is a worse mother than Roseanne and treats everyone like poo poo. Haha, Becky is an alcoholic failure. Haha, trans people have it rough. Haha, Jackie is an eternal victim but also wacky. Haha, John Goodman isn't even trying anymore. Etc, etc.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

zoux posted:

Hey, 13 new MST3K episodes on March 4. Though I'm skeptical of this gizmoplex thing...

Is it the same cast and crew as the Netflix revival? And what is it on now?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Is that the documentary about the anal sex clown?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Escobarbarian posted:

That interview he did about it was so so weird

Didn't he use the word "silly" around twenty-seven times?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It's not like Daisy is terrible or anything, but the rest of the young cast is amazing so it's a little more obvious that she's not as good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I was going through Doctor Who and Torchwood in chronological order with my spouse (she'd seen up until the last Matt Smith season and I had never seen any of it) and there were two episodes that got me to stop. First was the paving stone blowjob episode of the Tennant run, and then the impregnated by aliens episode of Torchwood's second season. Both were just so incredibly stupid, mean-spirited, and apparently designed to piss off the audience.