Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Timby posted:

Yeah, all 15 seasons of Good Eats are on Discovery+.

Also, Chopped is going to have its own dedicated channel on the service starting on January 29. I'm guessing it's not on the service just yet because of some sort of pre-existing streaming exclusivity deals that Discovery has with Netflix and Hulu.

They make it seem like one of the chopped spin-offs or a new iteration will debut on the service; my only source is the 30 second commerical that tried to cram everything into it.

I'm holding out for now, but this poo poo gotta get reigned in some how.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

muscles like this! posted:

https://deadline.com/2021/01/food-network-pulls-worst-cooks-in-america-season-20-after-champion-arrested-for-child-murder-1234679156/

Food Network has pulled the latest season of their show Worst Cooks in America because the winner has been accused of killing her adopted child.

It's the last completed season; there one running currently with Carla Hall as the second judge. I've tried to like the show, but there a lot of forced comedy. And if you like "would have been over the top in bad '90's movies" caricatures , this is the show for you! There's always at least two ditzy blondes, a sassy black woman and one flaming gay man. Some of the contestants actually make gains, but it takes many grease fires and undercooked food to get there.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Let's see how Discovery+ exclusives are doing:
https://mobile.twitter.com/RobertIrvine/status/1366436301814321153

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

I don't know if they still run it but WeTV also has multiple shows that are about groups of people where their only claim to fame is famous parents. It was literally nepotism the series.

Yeah I think that's the "Love & Hip Hop" franchise, with at least two cities! Source: the only commercials during Law and Order are for Women's Entertainment Television's fine original programming.

There's now a show about the classiest Cabaret in Miami. Mrs. Seabass and I both made this face at first glance :stare:.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Jokes on you, he's going back to America's Funniest Home Videos:
https://twitter.com/Tom_Bergeron/status/1385736259616792576

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Anyone have any Oscars speed run records? I swear it doesn't usually end before midnight.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
I've been watching this season of Bar Rescue a/k/a "Jon Taffer has a van." The premise is he's staying in Las Vegas to help rescue his industry in his hometown. If you think it's going to be like his hurricane episodes where he rebuilds a legit destroyed bar, well...

• The season premiere has a bar where the dude was making so much money in The Before Times, he didn't notice/care that his staff was ripping him off.
  • The second episode at least has some :smith: because the owner got throat cancer surgery in summer 2020, but you can clearly see there's been no renovations for years. The staff miraculously wakes back up once the have the right tools.
  • The next episode is a re-rescue, where they blame the pandemic, but the bar looks twice as old as when the last rescue happened.

I'll still hate watch it out of intertia. Robert Irvine also ended up in Las Vegas for Restaurant Impossible, and he seemed at least a bit more feasible in what he did.

Edit: I forgot about the van! To limit Jon's time in the bar to screaming at people, he sits in a customized van where he can watch all the cameras at once for recon and stress test.

InsensitiveSeaBass fucked around with this message at 19:37 on May 11, 2021

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Edward Mass posted:

I don't see the proposed merger affecting current WarnerMedia lineal networks. Well, MAYBE truTV, but that's it.

Charles Barkley will be a judge on Chopped as soon as the FTC approves the deal.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Gaunab posted:

Paramount Plus is disappointing. A lot of the old TV shows I want to watch are either missing huge portions of their library (True Life) or just not there (Upright Citizens Brigade). Plus the app is glitchy as hell. I can't see anyone who has Netflix or Hulu keeping it for longer than a month.

Hi. My boy likes Nickelodeon, and I took advantage of the half off subscription at launch. I have no idea how the digital embargoes work because the first season of Blues Clues: the Next Generation is missing even though they've started season 2. I will admit Hulu's in my cross hairs because I'm just not watching it.

All aboard the :effort: train!
https://twitter.com/xpangler/status/1399778833449066503

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
https://www.eonline.com/news/1284731/tlc-officially-cuts-ties-with-the-duggar-family-2-months-after-josh-duggars-arrest

One circus freak show down, the rest of TLC's lineup to go

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

MiddleOne posted:

The Flight Attendant was one this years surprises for me. Seems to thourougly mediocre at first but it really hits its groove fast.

That Sheldon wasn't brutally murdered at some point (even if he saved Leonard from getting arrested for Treason) will remain one of television's great mysteries.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
From the man himself:
https://twitter.com/mrbobodenkirk/status/1421195993291309057

You can debate if he defines a cardiac catheterization as a surgery.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
The strategy of "Let Simone Biles do everything" did not work for USA gymnastics, nor NBC. The Naomi Osaka upset may have cost tennis a few eyeballs as well.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
If you have to explain the joke, Emmys, it's probably not great. But thank you for explaining who Cedric's three TV wives are.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Oh hi Conan

CapnAndy posted:

The Emmys moving Limited Series to last is looking real dumb in retrospect. Gee, I wonder if Mare of Easttown is gonna win after winning literally everything else in Limted Series, what suspense.

If it's like the Oscars, they will screw it up in spectacular fashion.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Just wait for them to fart out a feature film! :unsmigghh:

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Cojawfee posted:

At least it can't be as bad a Dear Evan Hansen where the guy who is supposed to be a teenager looks like he's 30.

Yeah, I thought they got the original Broadway actor, and de aged him in a way that made Henry Cavill's moustache look invisible.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

He's still the DA as of a few seasons ago in SVU.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

swickles posted:

The problem with that is (at least before like 3-4 years ago) most shows "seasons/series/years" spanned from Fall to Spring, so encompassing two years.

Meanwhile, the cable channels that were once owned by Scripps (HGTV, Food Network, etc) use a "13 episodes = 1 season" model. House Hunters is nearing season 150.

E:: This week was the season premiere for #206 :pwn:

InsensitiveSeaBass fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Sep 30, 2021

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Gimme that synergy:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Disney/s...ingawful.com%2F

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

self-censoring to be more family friendly (which is essentially what basic cable does now)

I've heard "poo poo" uttered at times and places on cable I've never thought possible over the past few years. Movies on cable are slowly becoming uncensored which after years of hearing Shawshank either chopped up or over dubbed, is taking some time to get used to.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Listening to Mrs. Seabass trying to figure out some of the brigading with these People's Choice Award winners was a treat:
https://www.eonline.com/news/1312257/peoples-choice-awards-2021-winners-the-complete-list

I didn't expect Never Have I Ever to mount the appropriate ... "campaign"?

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

So apparently Telltale is back and they've announced an Expanse game focusing on Drummer which will be a prequel to the main series.

It's not about Miller's Hat?

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Chairman Capone posted:

I remember when Firefly came out there was a huge contingent of "Whedon copied Cowboy Bebop!" fans.

I remember thinking this when I was watching the first episode Fox cared to broadcast

:c00lbutt:

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

They're broadcasting EvE online? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
...and just like that, Chris Noth is being accused of sexual assault (two women's stories included):

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/chris-noth-accused-of-sexual-assault-1235063596/