Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Just stop making poo poo that is based on Roald Dahl works in general maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Also Ryan was a douchebag from the beginning tbh.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Because the concept is stupid enough to get people talking about it which is the main way to generate interest nowadays i guess

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Chairman Capone posted:

Someone never watched HBO's Animals.

I think it was a lot more than someone

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I think there are some missteps along the way, but it's an incredibly strong show otherwise. I am really, really looking forward to seeing what the hell they do next season.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Imagine throwing 200 million at any Mark Millar project

quote:

At the same time, the streamer has ordered a live-action adaptation of Mark Millar’s #Supercrooks to series

Oh for gently caress's sake

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

We had a whole decade of Americans trying to do tokusatsu shows and it didn't work out

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

This was originally going to be a TV series on TNT but it looks like that option has expired. If the movies end up actually happening it will be kind of a big deal because this is a big sprawling fantasy epic where almost every character is a poc. There's like literally one white guy in the entire series.

Anyone here read these? Are they good?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That's the one bad plotline that really just doesn't fit with anything else going on, or the character as set up in season 1. It thankfully ends pretty decisively.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4gPQDyOixQ

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah you can call it pretentious and up its own rear end or whatever, but I wish there were many more shows that just did their own thing like that show did

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I also enjoyed Tales From the Loop so YMMV!

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Rhyno posted:

It's Q and Picard, what we wanted out of season 1.

No, what I wanted for season 1 is for none of the creatives involved to ever be near a TV property again, much less Star Trek.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I'll watch Stewart do literally anything in character, he can prune grape bushes for 27 hours for all I care.

I genuinely wish that was what that show was about because it would be loving better

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/NetflixUK/status/1407669844594642948

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That first season was very charming, I'd be okay with more

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

galenanorth posted:

I've heard several times that the second and third seasons of American Gods weren't as good as the first one. If I watch only the first season, is it fairly self-contained?

No, not really, but it’s worth watching anyway. The show has a lot of problems, but each season has great stuff in it. It probably plays better when you don’t watch it weekly also. Of course it doesn’t have a proper ending.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/deadline/status/1411082926142279685?s=21

Huh, shame. Show had some big flaws, but it was still a helluva ride, and I wanted to see where they went beyond the source material.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

zoux posted:

I know that Apple has probably the least amount of original content, but do they have the highest hit rate of any of the big streamers right now?

I think I would maybe pick Amazon, but it depends. Apple does have See which is a show so unbelievably bad on a purely fundamental level that I could not believe it was at any point greenlit.

I think Europe gets a boost WRT Netflix, since stuff like Better Call Saul and Snowpiercer are presented as originals here, so that probably skews my perspective.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

lokis good

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The gently caress is this

https://twitter.com/tooningout/status/1414978952993640448?s=21

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Too bad none of them are there now

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

It sounds like they are changing who the main character is for the adaptation so I have to imagine it won’t be as cliched, but who knows. Would be nice if they showed anything.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Shadow and Bone was not anything special in terms of writing but it was extremely well-produced and looked great, much better than every other fantasy show that is not GoT

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I. M. Gei posted:

I’m getting a new avatar and I could use some help. Can any of you Seinfeld watchers give me some good av text ideas to go with this image?

How do you post… with your hands? :smuggo:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Wafflecop posted:

I didn't really like it. I don't think I ever saw a full episode of the original show (90s baby), so dislike not for incel reasons. The animation was nice but it was really short overall (5 episodes wtf) and it weirdly felt low stakes - especially after what happened in the last two episodes. All the different characters were cool, but obviously those are designs from back in the day. Reading up on what the original series was like wrt to the moral at the end of each episode, I guess it is a step up in terms of episodic plotting and general maturity.

I'll watch a second season but only 5 episodes really annoyed me - best be more next time.

The first season is 10 episodes, Netflix is not releasing the whole thing at once for some reason

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

They've already talked about the structure of Witcher season 2 and it's still largely episodic. They're adapting several of the short stories from the first book that they didn't get to already.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

It’s a good show, much better than the film

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I like this more than season 2 which I just generally did not care for. I think the quality has been pretty consistent for the past few seasons tbh and I'm really not sensing much variation here. Definitely some repetition of ideas and concepts though.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Doogie Howser is one of those shows that is referenced a lot, but I've never actually seen anyone talk about the actual content. Looking at the wikipedia page it sounds pretty serious in tone, and that looks like a Disney channel show so I dunno.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Is Luther a good show? I feel like just based on the individual parts that it should be, but it is not something I ever really see many people really be passionate about online or ever bring up in a discussion about shows to watch.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Has anyone seen or even heard of Motherland Fort Salem? The synopsis says ""An army of witches train to combat terrorist threats" which I would assume would at least be entertaining in a stupid way but this is literally the first I've ever heard of it.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Cherry Flavor was a loving wild ride, definitely recommend it with the caveat of the somewhat abrupt ending. Rosa Salazar is fast becoming one of my favourite actresses.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I also recommend people watch Undone with her and perennial favourite Bob Odenkirk, it was really good.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

It should also be noted that Cruise doing his own stunts is “good for the production” because it means they don’t have to pay stunt doubles and it’s actually kind of lovely for Cruise to be stealing their work.

:shrug:

I assure you those movies have massive stunt teams with or without Cruise doing his own stunts himself you dingus

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Fuckin RIP.

I always loved this video he did. Speaks so much to the struggles he had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv3_3PQsJA8

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/samfishell/status/1437861579874177026?s=21

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

bull3964 posted:

Locke and Key Season 2 Oct 22nd.

https://youtu.be/j6bsSANYz14

This is for sure getting canned immediately after this season is out lol

It was alright, but clearly not something Netflix was that interested in spending a lot of money and effort on promoting. I'm frankly surprised it even got a second season.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

gently caress, how can that be, I've literally never seen anyone talk about it after the day it came out. Where's my goddamn season 2 of Dark Crystal Netflix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The show kinda goes a bit away from JUST being about how awful Larry is, especially with the introduction of more regular characters like Leon, but yeah I doubt later seasons are going to change your mind if that's your main problem. Him getting into completely absurd social situations IS the show.