Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

hello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The show is one of the most incredibly faithful adaptations of any media I've ever seen. It's got some minor changes of course but basically all the major plot beats have been straight on.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

They really hosed up the bear fight tho

That is true

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/neumaverick/status/1345886414987173888

"Now it's time to say good bye to all our company. M I C - see you real soon :geno:"

Listen I know some people hate That Guy, but - this is a parody. It is not a real thing that exists.

yet

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Honestly I've been waiting for 20 years to see the cutting a hole in the air effect done and I finally got to see it so for that alone I'm satisfied.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

Renew Infinity Train HBO Max you cowards

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I was actually looking for this a few months ago and disappointed it wasn't on there. Hell yeah

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'll definitely be coming to that for the Over the Garden Wall pedigree rather than Redwall itself but hell yeah.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Wait until you get to the road salt episodes that people got themselves banned over.

This is a story I haven't heard before

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

This isn’t the thread title anymore but THEY DID IT

https://twitter.com/hbomax/status/1362099496679800834?s=21

Thank goodness!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

A lot of people have always assumed that the show will reach or overlap with Breaking Bad but really at this point there's not much of anything to indicate that's the case.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

Head's up, Debris, the new show from Fringe showrunner JH Wyman, is starting tonight on NBC.

drat thanks! I hadn't heard of this but Fringe + interesting sounding premise has me on board immediately

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It was alright. Not the most interesting starting story but the premise is pretty cool and it could get good. I'll give it a chance, not really watching much tv these days anyway.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Homeland could've been one of the best one season shows ever if it had ended that way

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

12 Monkeys >> Travelers >>>>>>>>>>>> Continuum

I didn't even finish Continuum it bored me so much.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Whelp, Debris was canceled.

whoops

Is it still worth catching up on the rest of the season or nah

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Slamhound posted:

It wasn’t bad, but nah. They never even got near the fireworks factory.

I enjoyed all the episodes but since there wasn't really any conclusions I would say nah. The only thing really revealed in the finale was that when George was rescued he wasn't actually a prisoner but instead is a willing participant (and maybe the head?) of Influx.

Thanks. That's too bad, I generally enjoyed it but got busy with other stuff so I fell off halfway through the season. I'll let it go.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

X-O posted:

Am I missing something? I don’t see anything too weird about this? I mean it’s about a Czech team but it happened in Japan so a Japanese song seems like a perfectly fine choice to me?

lol

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

I am very sick of shows treating their entire first seasons like premise pilots. Just get to the story you actually want to tell!

Yeah it's a real issue. You aren't guaranteed tons of seasons for a slow burn! And if people get bored you're definitely not getting them.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That's the lid of a piano! What are you talking about!!! I know other people already said this but I have to say it too!!!!!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Somehow I totally missed until now that they're doing more Dexter?

Why are they doing more Dexter??

Because we are sinners all and we must atone

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

You guys I am SO worried about Odenkirk

God I know it's stressing me out a bit.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I've been enjoying this season up till the last episode. That last one was absolutely awful though, one of the worst in the show's whole run.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

wha

wow

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Arist posted:

Looks like the real Law and Order president... was Biden!!!!!

*everyone throws things at me*

wrong, I will Lol

lol

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CBS must be stopped

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

AFewBricksShy posted:

what was the original tweet he was responding to?

It was just referencing the same story without elaborating. Not sure why it got deleted

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

bull3964 posted:

I really think Netflix may pull Cowboy Bebop off.

https://youtu.be/_JDWm1f6-M0

ok I guess I do have to watch this

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Azhais posted:

Given that Dexter is the only returning character, probably not going to be a lot of facing his friends

Yep they've already squandered the chance for the only truly redeemable plot line

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Person of Interest starts out as a generic network procedural, very much like a "dad show," before becoming more serialized, twisty, and sci-fi.

Would she like LOST?

My boomer parents love POI, as do I so that's my vote.

Of course they're also huge sci-fi nerds so might not be an ideal sample.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Think of all the future scenes of this we've been denied

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

So apparently Telltale is back and they've announced an Expanse game focusing on Drummer which will be a prequel to the main series.

Lol

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I highly doubt the show was cancelled due to "lovely nerds" as opposed to being an expensive flop that would not make Netflix money if they made another one.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That posting style really doesn't mesh with the lack of a shift key! Makes the incoherent rants even harder to read than otherwise. 2/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Bob finally won