Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

cant cook creole bream posted:

Holy poo poo, I don't watch a lot of Korean stuff, but Extracurricular is loving amazing. What a magnificent hosed up show.

Yeah I believe I gushed about it in this very thread...(maybe in 2020?) and most kdrama is terribly formulaic/saccharine but this was one of the actual good shows that kept me in its grips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Wafflecop posted:

Lmao I literally just finished the season and went to Twitter to check other people's thoughts and saw this.

Makes my time spent watching the show an even bigger waste than it felt. Some of the most atrocious pacing I have experienced in a show. They could have cut episodes 2-5 out completely. It would've been far better to do all of the 1920s stuff in one go rather than dragged out over the whole season.

Oh well, there are plenty of shows about evil-Superman out now that are doing this a million times better. Nothing of value has been lost.

Quoting a post from several pages back but, uhh...

What shows do the evil-Superman thing better? No, seriously. Formulaic superhero shows/films have soured me off good. Even WandaVision had a finale that made me groan, while the rest of the show was...intriguing if not gimmicky. And yeah, I've watched Umbrella Academy. I honestly kinda enjoyed Jupiter's Legacy apart from its pacing being "browse your cellphone while these scenes are happening" bad.

Talking of formulaic I gave up on Arrow in either season 4 or 5, whatever episode started with Oliver driving a car along a coast somewhere. Need to finish the show at some point since apparently the final season was decent?

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Are they going to keep the timeline as it is in the original Cowboy Bebop series? It's not like they have other authoritative source material to draw from.

On the other hand it's not like the series is going for a realistic portrayal in the first place but the thing taking place in the 2070's feels weird in 2021. Also the Hyperspace Gate? disaster thing apparently took place in 2022. :stonklol:

I feel old.