Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

SimonChris posted:

Anyone else watching Shadow and Bone on Netflix? I had never heard of it before, but it looks promising so far. A bit fantasy steampunky.

I just finished the first ep and it's a fun fantasy show. Feels really Netflixy/CWy - everyone's really hot and the dialogue is kind of corny, but the production and sets are great.

I think it's based on a set of YA fantasy novels, so I'm tempering my expectations plot wise, but it scratches all the fantasy trope itches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

IRQ posted:

I always pictured him as being much more huge, maybe from the cheesy book jacket art(?), but I'm not sure. I haven't seen anything he's been in, but I'm sure someone here watched Criminal Minds at least and can tell us if he's any good?

He got his start in a bunch of Korean dramas (HIGHLY recommend My Lovely Kim Sam Soon) and he’s fairly charming in them. Different genre but maybe it’ll make the scenes with (WOT spoilers) his love interest more obvious and fun.

I think they’re gonna need some kind of straightforward romance in the early seasons because the other relationships are pretty screwy... Rand’s eventual harem is pretty ridiculous and Perrin’s stuff won’t come for another few seasons or so (I really hated his relationship with Faile.)

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

The fight in the third episode of The Nevers is so freaking cool.

The plot is also clipping along quickly and it’s entertaining so far, if a little broad at times (some of the quips are a little eye rolly).

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

I still love LOST (even the last season- the season with the temple is my least favorite) and I still get emotional listening to this

https://youtu.be/o_LIz4IS24w

I think the binge watching and streaming services have drastically changed the pacing of shows and even within episodes. There’s usually no longer an exceptional single episode- like The Constant. Also my favorite original series I’ve watched on any streaming service in the last few years were all airing on TV with week to week breaks.

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

Just wrapped the bachelorette season opening and I’m mildly excited by the cast and the girl gang hosts… especially after the absolute clusterfuck of last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

^agreed. I also watched Beatriz at Dinner and it's the exact same vibe.

Every book featured in White Lotus