Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

armond is not evil he is a nice but put upon man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

CeeJee posted:

Shane just needs to say he was being attacked, the evidence is pretty clear that a guy who just got fired took a ton of drugs and broke into the room of the person who got him fired.He may have said some things to the other two employees on how he was going to murder Shane.

not to mention armond poo poo in his clothes — the evidence is right there!

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i guess i don't get what real impact a tv show can have or what actual change it can bring in the world if it has the perfect critique or whatever........ the same as if it has an inferior critique — nothing

the first quote below from the article made me think of a quote from an interview mike white gave re: his time on survivor (second quote)

quote:

The White Lotus is far from alone in its shallow, self-congratulatory attempts at white introspection. Most of the so-called prestige dramas center on horrible, rich white people, with their racist, classist obliviousness as part of the appeal: Big Little Lies, Billions, Arrested Development, Succession, The Crown, The Undoing, and on and on.

Each show parades these horrible rich white characters across the screen and we’re supposed to laugh or shudder at or empathize with their messy ridiculousness, as each series flirts with the idea of disrupting the status quo. We cheer when that one outsider character calls bullshit, and — like The White Lotus’ Belinda, who believes her rich white client is really going to invest in her and make her dreams come true — we think maybe this time, maybe on this show, things will be different.

But it’s Lucy with the football. Before the nails even come out, the white savior jumps down from the cross, unscathed. The rich and powerful are only more humanized, more excusable. Even if individuals change, the system of the powerful remains powerful; the system of the rich remains rich; the status quo remains intact.

quote:

Although, everyone knows in real life, the Goliath always wins — and by letting a David win, we're just perpetuating the hollow American myth that the "little guy", through wile and determination, can overcome all the obstacles of a rigged system. Look around, people - the rich get richer! So let's not peddle fantasies that keep us from dismantling structures of economic oppression. I should have said that at [the Final Tribal Council]!