Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

HBO Max now has all the episodes of Batman:TAS .

Ohhh! And all the movies and Batman Beyond too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

Acaster is 7. Looking forward to that season then! Watching 6 right now, the one I said was my least favourite so far, and it’s the one with Liza Tarbuck, Russell Howard, Tim Vine, Alice Levine who is very pretty no matter how much people in the discord shout at me for saying this!!!!!!!! and Asim Chaudhry.

tfw Alice Levine will never call you her little ferret.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3K81-RpfZw

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Hughmoris posted:

A couple people recommended checking out Beauty and The Beast on Netflix, the cop show. Watching the pilot episode. This dude smells crime?

He nose the truth.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

pentyne posted:

logic doesn't track because she looks better now then when she was on seinfeld.

similar to Gillian Anderson some women just age into jaw dropping attractiveness.

Early 90s hair looked rough. She already started looking younger in season 8 and 9 when she started doing it differently.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I took foreign language classes as a kid, but unfortunately my motherland didn't make the cut.

https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/International_Sesame_Street

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

skooma512 posted:

Rewatching Breaking Bad.

I still don't know why Walt and Jesse insisted on messing with Fring at all. Just make the nice chicken man the meth you promised him and train your replacements, then most likely you can go your separate ways as long as you promise not make a single gram of that poo poo again or talk.

This was kind of the one time it wasn't Walt's pride that did them in. It was the thing with Combo and Andrea's kid brother. After the writers wrote that in and Jesse's believable reaction to it, there was no decision Walt could have made that would have kept the relationship going.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

If anything, this will make future viewings of Dollhouse that much better. Like a fully immersive, AR experience.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

What if halfway through the season they get stuck and it becomes an isekai?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Bootleg VHSs of Chinese action movies with all the voices dubbed by one disinterested woman are my childhood.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I'm sure all awards are buyable. It's just cheaper to target those 90 people, versus the 10,000 voters in the Academy.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I watched Taskmaster on CW Seed the next day, without an ad blocker mind you. I did all I could.

Edit: I mean on the main CWtv site. It obviously didn't get moved to CW Seed until a few days after the dreadful numbers came in.

oh jay fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Mar 9, 2021

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

It's puppets all the way down.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I should really give Columbo a shot. I know too many people obsessed with it.

As far as TV shows that are actually just movies, I remember really like the first half of Prison Break season 4. Each episode was basically a 40 minute heist movie, ala the Italian Job or those Fast and Furious movies that were actually just heist movies.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

So how did this latest season of American Gods land? I've had a Starz subscription this whole time, but haven't been able to muster up the motivation to watch it after the wet fart that was last season finale.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I read the book, so I know what story arc you're referencing, and I enjoyed it enough way back when. You saying that it "meandered" is concerning, because I didn't like the last season because of how many episodes it felt like nothing was happening.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

bull3964 posted:

Due to the higher transmissibility of the newer variants that are rapidly taking over, we need about 70% of the total us population vaccinated to reach herd immunity and break transmission chains.

Is that 70% vaccinated, or 70% with some level of resistance to COVID? Because 30% of the US and counting have already contracted the disease.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

zoux posted:

Man, young Jessica Walter is a dead ringer for Peyton List.

Which Peyton List?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Got it

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

fancy stats posted:

Hopefully Sung Kang gets to just reprise his role from the fast and the furious.

You mean reprise his role from Better Luck Tomorrow :colbert:

People who haven't seen Better Luck Tomorrow should watch it.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

The acting is so bad in Better Luck Tomorrow

Probably! But I still like it.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

:same:

Speaking of cancellations, the shambling corpse of American Gods was finally put down. I really want a documentary about all the behind the scenes poo poo.

Nice. If that's it, I will finish off this last season then. Didn't need to get strung along by an almost good show for a decade. I'm not doing that again.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

bull3964 posted:

From last week:

Haha. Even better. Inject the pain straight into my veins.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Can't wait the see Cristin Miliotti in another relationship doomed for failure!

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Hughmoris posted:

Oooo that could be a Lifetime movie:

Focal Length - the tale of an extremely attractive man that is striking out with online dating because phone camera focal lengths make him an uggo.

I mean that's such a mundanely common thing though. Selfies in your profile aren't discouraged for purely philosophical reasons. A picture taken that close can make your jawline and profile subtly different and unnerving.

Basically I wouldn't want a full movie for this. We can cover it in a single Seinfeld episode.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I've seen a few TikToks of people replicating his inventions so I was pretty sure it was on for a bit and relatively popular. Would have guessed 3 years, not 5 though.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Hughmoris posted:

How is the show Arrow? Worth getting in to? I see its available on Netflix.

I haven't watched much of the TV superhero shows. I think the last I watched was the first season of The Flash and then quickly fell out of it.

Early Arrow was pretty drat good. It had some surprisingly good action scenes, better than you'd expect from network TV. It definitely starts dropping off by season 3 though, with sporadic flashes of quality for the remainder of its run.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

I don't know what anyone's talking about.

I scroll past 80% of this thread really.

Can't everyone just talk about superheroes exactly as much as I want you to?

No, not those superheroes. They suck.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Can't wait for the return of Ted Mosby Architect.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Eleanor, Chidi, Tahani, and Jason start their show already dead.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Jokes on you, he's going back to America's Funniest Home Videos:
https://twitter.com/Tom_Bergeron/status/1385736259616792576

Carlton deserves gainful employment though.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

He's Stephen Hawking (wheelchair) with maybe a little Carl Sagan (cosmic mumbojumbo). He's not really actually an inventor, which was the initial niche Cisco filled.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

It definitely is more applicable to literature than it is to film. It "costs" time, paragraphs or pages, to talk about a gun hung on a wall. In TV and cinema, you can have a gun on the wall and not talk about it at all. At the same time, if every scene transition into the room has a lingering shot on the gun, you drat well better fire it, or show a flashback about why it's there or something like that.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l05pR_4wUKw

This show looks dumb, but I’ll watch it anyway.

I've been tentatively looking forward to this since the last season of Arrow.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Wasn’t it quite literally about theater and specifically set/stage instructions in plays? If you write in a script that there’s a gun on the mantle, the props department has to find or buy a prop gun, and that’s an expenditure that they have to make, so don’t force them to do that unless the gun actually has a purpose.

Could be. My 20 second glance at Wikipedia used the word chapter, so I just assumed it started in literature and moved on from there.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Every time someone brings it up, I like to note the date That 70's Show would start if it premiered today, which is now Wednesday, January 27, 1999.

Did you do the math on the fly yourself, or is there a handy website I can reference that updates every day?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Whatever google tells me is 8133 days ago!

8133 seems like a number I could memorize if I cared just a little more.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

LadyPictureShow posted:

My brother sent me the casting call website for it, but doesn't actually want to do it. That's how I found out.

I'll never get to be a Purple Parrot.

Find a rando on craigslist and invent an awesome backstory for the two of you.

For those interested.

https://legendscasting.com/

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

It took me way too many reads to not parse that as Jason Schwartzman being God.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

To escape ghosts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Gonz posted:

Why would anybody want to escape ghosts? Nobody’s ever been physically harmed by a ghost.

If I was in the market for a house, i’d specifically tell my real estate agent to find a property with the most amount of ghosts per square foot.

Then i’d make a Twitch account where every day i’d walk around the house showing off all my ghosts and ghouls and poltergeists and make a shitload of cash from all the sponsors that would glomb onto me.

My ghosts only appear near my hot tub.