Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Good cast and it's quippy super women beating up dudes in Olde England, it looks like incredibly good trashy fun to me

Man y'all cynical sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Open Source Idiom posted:

It's a badly edited trailer with a lovely musical choice.

But I'm still excited for it.

Yeah, I mean trailers always turn up the cheese to 11, it's not necessarily gospel

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

yeah it looks great lol. I'm always for ladies beating people up.

Kinda weird that the same thread that constantly recommends Banshee would think The League of Extraordinary Ladies is a bridge too far on the cheese scale :j:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

LionArcher posted:

Does Search Party get less mean?

Ahahahahahaha

No

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

GreenNight posted:

Too much good TV to power through anything anymore.

Search Party is great from jump street, but every season gets exponentially more that by S4 when you look back at S1 you're like "lol"

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

isaboo posted:

Finished Servant S1 and while I liked it I really shouldn't have watched it while in an altered state because I don't know what the gently caress.

Someone summarize the baby/ doll thing for me please!

I do vividly remember unhinged Rupert Grint screaming for the baby while banging on a pot. That was great.

:iiam:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

zoux posted:

Sugar

awwww

honey honey

Word!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Sesame Street has a lot more in common with Twin Peaks than most people think

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
To paraphrase Calvin, "Memes weird culture."

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Maybe Twitter wasn't a total mistake

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

fadam posted:

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but does anyone have a workaround for the Windows 10 Amazon Prime Video app not supporting 5.1 output? It's the last piece of media delivery I need to finally have everything all in one place (an HTPC).

You're gonna need bracketed splay flex tandems at every alternate Jimmy joint, bucketed on both axes by handlebar grip gomers.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

muscles like this! posted:

Search Party was renewed for another season.

:sickos:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
We had to dissect a babby shark :(

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

yeah I'm pretty sure using cats has been phased out over the past like 20 years at least. Mine did an octopus iirc.

I've never known anyone who had to dissect a cat except in literal veterinary university

Dissecting the pig and shark didn't bother me at all except the smell. The lack of blood and stuff made it seem like not a big deal

Oddly enough the thought of dissecting a worm freaks me out though. God I hate worms

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Talking of Servant and dissection, those eel shots in season 1, total nightmare fuel

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Mu Zeta posted:

I think serial killers open up cats when they are children.

One thing I learned in uni was that, as much as that's a cliché, it's also very true

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Shneak posted:

Never really considered him for the role but his voice is a spot-on Joel.

Yeah it really is.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I very much wish that Twitter and Facebook were destroyed beyond the capacity of memory to even recall their existence

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Classic Guy Mann, you love to see it.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Nundizo posted:

is Netflix's 'The Crown' worth watching?

To paraphrase John Oliver, do you want to be put in the awkward position of finding Margaret Thatcher sexually appealing? :j:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Atlanta S1 and 2 were already as good as the Sopranos so I'm not seeing the problem

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
To be serious, I think comparing wildly disparate shows is pants.

I mean, you don't hear country singers saying "My next album will be better than The Wall" because it's nonsense.

Atlanta is a lot more enjoyable than Sopranos to me, though Sopranos is great, but to judge them side by side seems kinda pointless

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Rhyno posted:

I'm not doing that. But there are shows with more enjoyable casts and storylines.

I wasn't addressing anyone in particular.

Nobody thinks wildly different shows should maybe not be compared? I'm really crazy for thinking that? I don't compare RPGs to FPS games, I don't compare rap to death metal, saying that the Sopranos or Atlanta are

I just realized how pointless this post is, lol. Nobody's gonna agree with it or anything and I'm just gunna end up feeling bad. Never mind

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Khanstant posted:

That's not an unusual stance to take, I don't think anyone here would be comparing the two if Donald Glover didn't set the stage for it, and that stage is an arena for "best TV shows period" and Sopranos is one of the ones people throw in that ring. "Best art list" is certainly a foolish endeavor suited only for hierarchical-dependent apes, so all sorts of things end up fighting other things that don't make much sense.

A fighting game featuring characters from a bunch of wildly different TV series

:hmmyes:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

feedmyleg posted:

The premise and cast should've made it a home run for me but I found it to be highly mediocre.

Yeah, the writing was a bit weak and it gets off to a glacial start. It doesn't really do a whole lot until episode 5

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Rhyno posted:

Any Given Sunday isn't that bad.

Yeah it's okay.

Edit: apparently he also wrote Rango which is very good

Simone Magus fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Feb 15, 2021

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Davros1 posted:

If you were/are a fan of "Space Ghost: Coast to Coast", comedian Dana Gould has launched a new Youtube series with nearly identical premise (it's live action, not animated).

"Hanging with Dr. Z", a talk show hosted by Dr. Zaius. Yes, from the Planet of the Apes series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Su8UP94Qac

First week's guest: Steven Weber.

Thank you so much, this is loving great

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
To be fair, only literally 0.01% of the US even has mass transit. It's a joke that was completely inscrutable to anyone who has never visited NYC or LA

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Nundizo posted:

Has anyone seen the original version of Utopia? Just started it and man what a loving pilot.

S1 slaps hard.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Rewatching Lost for the first time since it aired and holy poo poo this show was so good (until certain aspects of the last few episodes, mainly involving a Falcon Punch)

"Because you're in the wheelchair... and I'm not"

So good

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Servant is so good and I can't wait to see if the ending is a bad Shyamalan Twist or not lol

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Oh that reminds me (Servant chat):

In that early S1 episode we saw Mom interview Young Leanne. That hasn't been referenced again yet, right? Just making sure I didn't miss something

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I mean yeah that's tim burton as hell but there's the tiniest possibility it'll be good

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
So how about that new episode of Servant huh

:catstare:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah, Ambrose is perfect.

It took me a few episodes to really vibe with the character, but she's on fire in S2

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Out of context Iron Chef quotes:

"When I first put it in my mouth, I thought, oh this is just ordinary."

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Ugly In The Morning posted:

SARS-CoV-2 isnt magic. Humanity has dealt with worse poo poo before. loving smallpox was eradicated, though with great effort. I don’t get why everyone just says “gently caress it, I give up” so quick.

Humans are addicted to the notion that their lifetime is the most special and good/bad time ever. It's a desire for narrative.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Iron Man 2 is fine, it's just kind of bloated and directionless, but it's perfectly entertaining. A solid C+

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Love it or hate it, you gotta admit that WandaVision isn't "just another Marvel thing"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The Snyder cut is like three weeks away.

I love how HBO Max is literally trying to convince people that it's an actual new film rather than a cut.

To be fair, a lot of people probably don't even remember it came out in the first place