Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Shageletic posted:

Succession is a swerve and subversion of what you tradionally see in depictions of the rich going back to Dallas, bc all these rich motherfuckers are incompetent. And that's a def a very rare in American media.

This matches with why I like Succession. Everyone on the show is hilariously incompetent except for the dying patriarch who is an out-and-out monster. He's incompetent now because age has hobbled him and the kids he has raised are all worthless. It is very funny seeing them flair around.

I loved the scrooge scene where dude lost his kids presents and hates his wife's gift and is obsessed with impressing nobodies. It reminds me of every Kennedy-school-of-business social climber I've ever met. Very funny. Just rich people losing their mind because twitter let's them experience criticism they've never experienced in life. But as a funny tv show.

Billions S1 was fun, I haven't watched it after that. It definitely is in love with wealth and power in an ugly way. Fun TV, abhorrent morals. TV doesn't need to have a moral to be fun but you can really only take it so far before it gets icky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Short movies on phones is fueling a film renaissance in Kenya -- or at least it was pre-Covid.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
It is a comedy with songs. The plot does eventually go some dark places and you get invested along the way but music>comedy>>plot.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

DaveKap posted:

Trust me when I tell you that you missed something glorious but it is otherwise just a cozy nest of positivity.

Link please.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Khanstant posted:

what are things like in the timeline where the coup worked? do we got lying celebs trying to say they were there?

Buying degenerate art (latest hollywood release) at the bodega with a 40 of OE.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I just started watching Creamerie and it is awesome.

I was cautiously excited for Y: the last man because I've never read the comic book and I don't like comic books as a medium but I've found that comics transition really well to TV/movies. So, I figured "Comic book other people like will probably be a show I like." In this case it did not work. At all.

Creamerie was all I was told to expect from Y but, like, good.

It is a solid show.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I'm liking the new ice station zebra show but I feel the episode should start with a dude in a wheelchair spinning around telling me the lesson I should learn from the episode.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

muscles like this! posted:

I started listening to the Always Sunny podcast and it is pretty fun. Ostensibly it is supposed to be a rewatch podcast where Glenn, Rob and Charlie watch the show in order with each podcast episode being about each show episode but really it is just the three of them screwing for 30 minutes and sometimes talking about a related subject. That is if it doesn't get derailed like Glenn starting to talk about the first time he got drunk but instead Rob gets him to tell the story where Glenn (accidentally) hung himself at a Christian camp.

Is he a rug?

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Station 11 is like a poo poo filled balloon. It feels like it is heavy (because it is) but what is inside it is. . . just poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel as this pandemic draws on, but I'm enjoying YOU right now. Totally insane and creepy. It's one of those shows like Sunny or Search Party (though nowhere near the level of either) where you have to get into the head of some deeply bad people and empathize with them while not forgetting they are messed up. Very V-effect, probably the most telling form of it in modern personal drama stuff.