Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Medullah posted:

I'm on board with 30 Coins. Religious horror is my weakness. Second episode was a big step down but still enjoyable.

I had no idea this existed and the first Google search results sure looks promising

HBO's 30 Coins Reveals the Vatican Is a Demonic Cult

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

zoux posted:

Oberyn Martell was his breakout role, right?

Only if you had not seen the Burn Notice spinoff Sam Axe movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF4ce7HDWwQ

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Sentinel Red posted:

Totally. Lance and Dan are the Fury and Cap of my heart. The moment the penny drops is just wonderful.

Reddick's performance in The Guest is interesting, he's so intensely robotic in his action scenes. Like this tiny corner peek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hf3K3xkAHQ&t=179s

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Line of Duty is back CHIStches ! With Kelly MacDonald as Keeley Hawes as the troubled, maybe bent copper who may not be bent but sure is acting suspiciously but so is everyone else so it's hard to say.

Kate is probably a triple undercover for AC-144 who investigates corruption in anti corruption squads

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Evil first episode of the new season just had what may be the first case of 'gently caress' being dubbed into a TV show instead of something else over it.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Khanstant posted:

Started watching White Lotus and I think I hate it? Do all these people end up exploding at the end or is it just a constant slow roll of these folks having minor problems?

I agree, a show like Succession is also about rich people being terrible but there is a lot more happening there then double booked suites and a lovely marriage. The look also reminds me a lot of The Pacific which had a similar ugly filter to make sure the beautiful scenery did not clash with the ugliness of the events.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

wizardofloneliness posted:

In the montage at the end, they show Shane talking to the police and then walking off, so presumably they determined it wasn’t a crime and he was free to go. Who knows what kind of story he told them. A super rich white guy getting away with killing a dude isn’t exactly surprising anyway.

Shane just needs to say he was being attacked, the evidence is pretty clear that a guy who just got fired took a ton of drugs and broke into the room of the person who got him fired.He may have said some things to the other two employees on how he was going to murder Shane.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

SimonChris posted:

Keep in mind that Tom Cruise is an Operating Thetan with complete conscious control of matter and energy, so he is not really taking any risks. He can just levitate away if something goes wrong.

As seen here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWmJUAVuhPY

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Aardvark! posted:

Did anybody here actually watch this? It feels like it's been in the top 5 of Netflix for like 3 months, but I only recall a couple comments that it sucked

I watched the premiere because the lead was guest star in that really good Travelers episode and don't remember anything from it. When I heard of its success I assume it's because the storyline is 'ordinary people suddenly become very important for global survival' like the average YA story but not with teenagers.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
There is this South Korean show The Squid Game just on Netflix which asks the very important question "what if The Genius was also Battle Royale ?" and goes from there.
Only one episode in and it's pretty wild.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

pentyne posted:

Man that teamsters leader sure sounds familiar...

The Eternal President of the teamsters.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Beforeigners season 2 started on HBO Max, by far my favourite Scandinavian time travel police procedural and this season it seems to be bloody Jack The Ripper as one of the main plotlines.

Season 1 was great and had one of my favourite twists ever when it was revealed Alfhildr had traveled back to the Viking age from modern times as a child and then came back here as an adult as both 'aha, this explains a lot what happened so far' and 'oh wow, this opens up a million new possibilities'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Beforeigners season 2 is gloriously insane.

Two way timetravelers have superpowers now and super-Alfhildr just punched super-Jack The Ripper and the space time continuum exploded on an episode cliffhanger. She should have watched Timecop!

Also, is anyone watching The Silent Sea ? It's a Korean sci fi show set on the moon as a team is sent to retrieve some samples from an abandoned lunar base. It's got serious case of Prometheusitis where everyone makes dumb decisions when dealing with extremely deadly substances but it's keeping up the pace in twists and reveals. And it's got Doona Bae who makes anything 10 times more compelling. Even when watching a screen she's captivating.