Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Well poo poo, I didn't realize she was the anime robot, that explains why she looked so familiar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1430204562284191755

Surely we can find one non-Hitler person to host Jeopardy

Actually now that I think about it, with the notable exception of Alex Trebeck, gameshow hosts are some of history's greatest monsters. Pat Sajak, Chuck Woolery, the guy Sam Rockwell played in that one movie. Idk if Richard Dawson was but he was on Hogan's Heroes with Bob Crane.

Someone has never watched old episodes of Family Feud on Buzzer

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

EL BROMANCE posted:

drat, I fall in that age bracket but never saw Rocketeer (came out the same year as Terminator 2 and that essentially rewired what movies I wanted to watch, ask how I've still not seen pretty much any of the big 90s Disney movies). Big fan of Connelly though, and will always heartily recommend everyone watches Phenomena because of her and that ending.

:hmmyes:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

swickles posted:

Gotta stick TNG re-runs somewhere.

Someone doesn't get H&I over the air.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

socialsecurity posted:

Blackish and Goldbergs did the same, the tradition has not died.

They were doing it in the 80's, there's an episode of Three's Company all about the Ropers looking at a new apartment.

Luckily that one took, because Mr. Furley was a better foil anyway.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Hakkesshu posted:

No, not really, but he's a loving weirdo and a member of a notorious church that is basically a cult so it's kind of a Tom Cruise situation I suppose.

Tom Cruise is a better actor and does his own stunts, so point goes to Cruise.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
At this point I wish they'd call them "series" the way other countries do, because "season" just seems wrong when shows like Survivor started in 2000, but is on "season" 41 now.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cojawfee posted:

I still have no idea how the hell they made 26 episode Star Trek seasons in the 90s.

You forget just how much time was being spent in sets that take place on the Enterprise, and there were plenty of locations that were simply redressed versions of existent sets.

I seem to remember some article I read in the 90's about TNG, because I was that nerd, and they were working on 3 episodes at a time. One in pre-production, one in production, and one in post-production.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

GreenNight posted:

I mean if she isn't grunge as gently caress, it's wasted potential.

1994 or GTFO

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

EL BROMANCE posted:

So, B-Positive returned last week - the show that conveniently concluded it's first season with problematic Thomas Middleditch's character going under the knife, and giving itself perfect chance to rid itself of himand introduce a whole bunch of new storylines using the extended cast.

Lol, no. Middleditch is fine, the show doesn't seem to have any connection to it's original premise anymore, and in order to have a new plot line they did the very relatable thing of having Annaleigh Ashford's character inherit $48m.

So, you're the one person under the age of 70 that watches B-Positive?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mu Zeta posted:

I only saw the first episode and it's the ultimate designed-by-committee affair. Let's put music, medical, and cop show all at the same time. It's the TV version of a KenTaco Hut.

Me and my roommate didn't even make it to the half-way point of the pilot.

In discussions with her, I like the idea, but it's just garbage for execution. If you're going to show how someone is across multiple timelines, make at least one of the timelines batshit insane. Like in one timeline he could be an office drone just like everyone else, but in the other timeline he's an alien bounty hunter or something exciting.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Sirotan posted:

Anybody watching CSI: Vegas? I watched the first ep and my DVR has been recording them since but I'm not sure I actually care enough to watch them.

It's not even a remake is it? The commercials make it look like they just brought everyone back

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Azhais posted:

https://www.iheart.com/content/2021-11-02-rust-asst-directors-attorney-says-hes-not-responsible-for-checking-gun/

The assistant director is also all "Look, I just found a gun on set and gave it to Alex and told him it wasn't loaded. I didn't actually check, not my job :smugdog:"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP1X5L-AufQ

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Annabel Pee posted:

Ozark definitely has some long awkward sex scenes.

Source: watched with my parents.

I remember my brother insisting that we all watch the pilot for Breaking Bad (I had seen it 3 times at that point) when I visited for Christmas one year.

Luckily it was on Netflix, so it didn't have the handjob but it was still awkward as hell

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Khanstant posted:

I was wondering if people liked it or not haha, nbody I know in real life is remotely interested. I remember seeing an episode when it came out and was like "oh this is literally The Office at WalMart instead" and ignored it after that. Dunno why I started watching it again but I really liked it, even though it very shamelessly copies Office beats a little too often sometimes. I liked the union stuff especially and am retroactively surprised something so openly pro-union was airing on regular old times TV. I liked the balance they found between goofy-sitcom shenanigans and real-world bleakness of their positions.

Superstore definitely had writers who served time in a Superstore.

One of my favorite reoccurring gags was the interstitials of customers doing very customer things while inappropriate music played over the loud speaker. It's something you really appreciate when you're stocking and discover a melted, leaking quart of ice cream stashed behind school supplies, while a song with a poppy beat about loving plays overhead.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zoux posted:

I'm the founding member of Get Rid Of Slimy animeS and even I'll concede Cowboy Bebop is good

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Well, now I'm really hoping that Netflix greenlight part three of Masters of the Universe: Revelations