Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

I'll have to think about the question longer. But while it's in the air, I just wanted to emphasize how loving good Galavant is.

Galavant is loving amazing and probably one of my top 10 shows of all time. Alan Menken rocks so much. I still have a good ten-ish Galavant songs on my Spotify playlist.

“What Is This Feeling” is a legit awesome number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

I'm still deciding if I like Mr. Mayor or not, but I have to admit the part at the end of the latest ep where the presenter's wife shows up made me bust out laughing

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

This is the dumbest thing to get hung up on in Mr Mayor but "cheap" bassoons cost $10k plus so that's a very impressive pub trivia prize to say the least lmao

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Looten Plunder posted:

That was me! Glad you liked it.

I've been hoping to see her in more stuff too. She did star in Content which was a short series about wannabe influencer culture designed to be entirely consumed on a smartphone which is super clever and funny, if not a little one note.
Trailer here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGRWvivMjHM

For the sake of anyone else, 1) wow what an un-google-able show but 2) all the eps are linked in the description of this trailer so it's still easy to find and 3) what a perfect little show that takes just an hour and change to watch. (end of series spoiler) And it ends perfectly, Lucy absolutely doesn't deserve Daisy in the slightest

edit: also yeah I def gotta check out Mythic Quest now, she's a great actor

Hawkperson fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Mar 11, 2021

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

It took me a while but Ted Lasso finally sucked me in and makes me laugh delightedly at least twice an episode. Also I really want some shortbread

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Community is better than Rick and Morty anyway

I mean, some of Community is better than Rick and Morty. I recently rewatched the series and drat it’s even more up and down than I remember. Enough that the end of the third season and most of the fourth season are about equally terrible.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Mu Zeta posted:

Amazing that jeff bezos a dude that literally looks like a bond villain now owns bond

Next Bond franchise movie is gonna mysteriously be a villain rehab a la Maleficent/Cruella/etc

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

cant cook creole bream posted:

I agree. They really got their dysfunctional work-crew-balance down and made a great bottle episode. I love how the HR lady is secretly loving all of this drama.
But the last two scenes were absolutely brutal. Poppy and Ian are really good at hurting each other.

Seriously. This show isn't pulling punches, it's great. I'm sad for tester and tester's relationship ending too although that seems like it's going to produce some good character growth

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

This show rules btw. Co-signing this recommendation

Yeah holy poo poo thanks Idiom, I've only watched like two episodes so far but this is, wow. Dark and really amazing.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

TV Zombie posted:

Oh man that would scratch my galavant itch

Saaaaame I'm totally watching that. I do miss Galavant :cry: :cry:

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

I really want to watch Kevin Can gently caress Himself because the premise is really interesting to me, but they do a really good job setting up a horrible abusive situation so it's literally triggering to watch. Maybe I'll get lucky and eventually someone will fill out the episode synopses on Wikipedia.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Raspberry Bang posted:

If they somehow make it to the last book I hope that one chapter, you know the one, is a five hour long episode.

I hope they have an entire season of Perrin traveling 8 miles in the loving snow because that's what that book felt like

edit: Not the last book, I never read that one because I was so mad at "Perrin [previously one of my favorite characters] wears out his welcome big time"

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Timby posted:

The short version is that he was a drunk, he was sexually harassing female writers and he refused to listen to anything NBC executives sent about the scripts (and allegedly went on drunken rants at them on multiple occasions). And noted rear end in a top hat himself Chevy Chase got to the point that he refused to work with Harmon anymore. So NBC fired him.

Yeah this, and he was turning in scripts late, and iirc he might have said "It's me or Chevy?" but I might be confusing that with when he said "It's me or Sarah Silverman" when he was writing for the loving Sarah Silverman show lmao

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

That's less fun than Harmon saying it but it makes way more sense

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

I'm only in if Ryan Reynolds is coming back.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Dude all y'all talking about Superman and Lois in here got me to watch it and like. What the gently caress this show is good

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Oasx posted:

I did not realize that Schmigadoon! was only six episodes, but i guess this is the kind of show that works best in small doses, I hope we get a second season.

This is a long reach back but I just finished Schmigadoon! and yep, add that to the list of musical shows that seem to be custom-made for me. I googled about second season rumors and the composer/co-creator dropped some hints in an interview, so now I'm really hoping that (major spoilers and speculation) based on the change of the last number from "not Music Man" to "not Rent" that the idea is the bridge doesn't take them home but to the next generation of Schmigadoon! where the songs are now spoofs of Andrew Lloyd Weber musicals and other 70s-80s stuff. And if that's the case, I hope this each season we go through another decade of musicals until Kristin Chenoweth sings something from not Wicked.

Overall I enjoyed the show but whew it strongly requires a solid background in musicals to pick up all the references. If I hadn't just rewatched The Music Man a few months ago I wouldn't have noticed half of the ones I caught, even

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Open Source Idiom posted:

Enjoying Only Murders In The Building. It's not going to set your world on fire, but it's super charming and likeable with some fine performances.

checked this out, it's extremely my poo poo

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

FilthyImp posted:

People apparently didn't like them having actual jobs and roles and poo poo? Iono, but my wife and I liked The Office but Muppets well enough.

They took a mid-season hiatus around winter and when they came back: a hip media consultant named Pizza was added, Kermit broke up with his Not-Ms.-Piggy-Pig-Girlfriend, etc

I loved the Not Office Muppet show and was really sad when it turned out that the rest of the world had worse taste than me. What would the world be without Kermit sipping tea memes

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I thought that was from an ad, not that muppet show.

well poo poo, that and sith lord Kermit are both not from the show as I thought they were. Dreams crushed, etc etc but I'm still right about the show itself being awesome

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Sirotan posted:

*points to thread title*

Fuuuuuuck

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

zoux posted:

Amazon has recast Mat Cauthon for season 2 of WoT, which is uh a big loving character to recast.

Lol I have no idea why obviously but it would be so in character if it were because the actor is a drunk rear end in a top hat

The most method actor ever

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Shageletic posted:

I mean that's Asimov's as hell?

for real. I watched like 20 minutes of the first ep and got bored but now I'm wondering if I reread the books if I'll like them or also find them painfully dull now

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

It is so disappointing so far

I've only watched the first ep, what's the issues and is it worth continuing

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

LionArcher posted:

I forgot about those. Okay those are right up there too. Korra's got enough issues (and I like it) that it doesn't beat Batman, but Avatar probably ties it for sure.

Gravity Falls and Ducktales 2017 are pretty fuckin good too

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

LionArcher posted:

Gravity Falls I'm biased against because I know stuff about the show from behind the scenes. (Love the first season though).

Ducktales I have not watched.

Well now I really want to know too, is it something you can share?

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

Oh well. I was excited about it when it first went into production with all that talent attached, but then they left one by one. Then the previews looked too dour and reviews were middling at best, especially because I'm weary of any apocalypse stuff from pandemic fatigue. No big loss, especially with Creamerie around as a lighthearted replacement when I'm in that headspace. Would've been nice to see the ending pulled off in live action, though. Parts of the comic may not have aged well, but that ending is still great. The astronaut reveal could've been cool to see realized well, too.

I agree with all of this even the Creamerie part, but at the same time lol at Creamerie being “lighthearted,” that show hosed me up.

Also, I need more of it right now

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Speaking of Mythic Quest it’s weird as hell watching Sunny for the first time AFTER watching MQ. Spent half an episode trying to figure out who the young priest who quits to marry Dee is, and almost fell over laughing when I realized. He and Rob McElhenney look like babies

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

The Good Wife isn't normally my type of thing but I subbed to P+ to watch Lower Decks and gave it a shot and I'm hooked

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

I couldn’t take PEN15, it’s too accurate and I died of cringing

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

Same. I already lived as a cringy loser in 2000. I don't need to see it again.

Lmfao same. I literally play French horn so like. Too close. I don’t actually want to remember middle school, tyvm.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

I wholeheartedly love Crazy Ex-Girlfriend but I'm still mad that the explicit version of "Buttload of Cats" is "Fuckton of Cats." Why is it not fuckload

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Abbott Elementary popped up on Hulu for me and I think it's got some real potential. I also don't know if I can take watching it because it's too loving real in a lot of ways and I'm not sure I want to go to work and then go home to watch a show about work

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

what are you talking about it's 6 PM

(happy new year)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

I've never thought about ringing in the new year with a favorite bit of TV but I did finally break down and resub to HBO Max so I could watch Succession so I guess I'll be celebrating 2022 by telling fictional rich people to go gently caress themselves, seems thematically appropriate for our current sitch