Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I just finished watching The Prisoner for the first time, and while I'd absorbed "Number Six is really Number One" through pop-culture osmosis before I ever saw an episode (and man, those episodes of Reboot and Aqua Teen Hunger Force make a lot more sense now), having now seen them all, I actually don't really get it. That didn't seem the point of Fall Out, like, at all. And yes, I saw the number on his door, I saw it in Many Happy Returns and thought it was neat foreshadowing, not literally the only piece of evidence apart from four very strange seconds in a very strange hour.

Can someone walk me through how that theory got started and picked up enough steam to be so widely reocgnized that I'd know it before I knew practically anything else about the show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
The Hamilton nominations feel like cheating. It's a really great play, we know! That's why it won every loving Tony! Just because they filmed it doesn't make it a TV show, c'mon.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

swickles posted:

He only needs an Oscar to get the EGOT. I didnt see In the Heights yet, but that might get him one for the music side.
And he's clearly going to write the original songs for every single Disney movie until he gets one.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Wow, it's a wonder why movie theaters are struggling.
Movie theaters aren't in the business of selling movie tickets. They make all their money off concessions. The only reason they show movies is so that people will show up to be sold concessions to; they only charge for the tickets because that's how the studios make their money, and if the studios don't make money they won't make any more movies, and the theaters need a steady supply of new movies to make the people keep showing up.

My grandfather used to work as a commercial leasing agent and he'd tell me stories about how the theaters would always offer a percentage of the ticket sales, and he knew to demand a percentage of the concessions instead.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I got YouTube Rabbit Holed into watching Taskmaster, and I am truly baffled. How has this not been ported to American TV yet? "Get five cheap celebrities, put them up in a house for a few weeks, and make them do poo poo that is either humiliating, requires lateral thinking, or both and then host a clip show of it for everyone to make jokes about" seems like a layup.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Daedo posted:

Not only has the British version aired on the CW, but there was a US version a few years back on Comedy Central. Reggie Watts was the Taskmaster, with Alex Horne back setting all the tasks. It was thoroughly average.
That's surprising. Where'd it fail in the translation, do you think?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

Unsurprisingly it was jammed into a 22 minute timeslot, and Reggie probably wasn't the right choice as the TM. The UK version has done appallingly in the ratings, it's just not really a show the American audience cares for en masse sadly.
I mean, give it an hour and let it be some summer/midwinter filler on a broadcast network, and I still feel like it could hit.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

The Emmys moving Limited Series to last is looking real dumb in retrospect. Gee, I wonder if Mare of Easttown is gonna win after winning literally everything else in Limted Series, what suspense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

The Emmys moving Limited Series to last is looking real dumb in retrospect. Gee, I wonder if Mare of Easttown is gonna win after winning literally everything else in Limted Series, what suspense.
Look at this dumb idiot and how wrong he is all the time.