Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Am I suffering from Deja-vu, or wasn't this exact stunt with the bike from that ridiculous ramp in the news last year already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Nah, it was in the news September 2020 already. Everyone's just yapping about it again due footage shown at CinemaCon.

I want to see the movie solely to hear the story reason as to why there's a loving useless ramp in the middle of nowhere. At least I'd expect it to be part of the movie, because if it's just a stupid jump they're cutting to, a stuntman would have done just fine.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

MiddleOne posted:

What really? I think I stopped watching very quickly past the halfway point.
Same. But then again, I remember nothing about it, except that Tricia Helfer's in it.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Oasx posted:

There is a myth that Cynthia Watros and Michelle Rodriguez were fired due to DUI's, but there really is no evidence of that.
Both got booked together on a DUI, both get axed. That's one mighty coincidence.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Next season of Money Heist is on Netflix. I mean, with the seasons, they amped up the spectacle, and some more was to be expected with what being the last season, but christ, this is ridiculous. And I'm only on the second episode.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

What's the deal with the new CSI Vegas starting next week? This a reboot? Petersen is supposedly back.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I'm rewatching the old CSI Vegas seasons. I mean, it's a TV series and therefore added drama, but christ most of them are sure some judgmental fucks.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Slamhound posted:

Invasion is some tedious, tedious poo poo.
Thanks for the feedback. I was wondering whether I should give it a try. I guess not.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

The Invasion creator is the director of Dark Phoenix. That’s all you need to know.
I don't get this reference.

I have no problem with slow(er) shows. For instance, I absolutely like Better Call Saul and all the lingering shots it does. But there's a limit. Can't do an alien invasion and then tread water for several episodes.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I'm watching Invasion anyway. Holy poo poo, that British oval office school kid makes me irrationally angry.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Matt Zerella posted:

I enjoyed the latest episode.

We finally got a look at the aliens and I’m enjoying the JASA plot line as well
Wait what?

poo poo, now I have to watch it in full. I kept scrubbing through everything except the Middle Eastern and Japanese scenes, because they're the only ones that seemed to remotely deal with the subject at hand. Where exactly did it show?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

There's only so much scifi on TV. Gotta make of it, what I can. Maybe the actual scifi stuff is decent enough.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

That remake of The 4400 seems to be airing. Anyone watched the first two episodes so far?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

It's just Brass, Grissom and Sidle. And Hodges for some odd scenes. And I figure they're gone end of the season, assuming this generates enough viewership to keep going. Passing the torch kinda poo poo.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

That with the T-Shirts is real petty poo poo.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

So I've seen that the next season of Another Life is on Netflix, and since I'm bored, I figured, eh, lets watch this. Maybe it gets better on the second attempt.

They're still doing offensively bad science. They're fleeing a debris wave of an exploded planet with their faster-than-light ship, and are still being outran by the debris. What in the gently caress. This is gonna be glorious. Jesus Christ, this is so bad.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Nov 4, 2021

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I started watching the Lethal Weapon TV show, since it just showed up here on Primevideo. Eventually I noticed on IMDB that the two main characters have quite a different amount of episodes credited to them. I went to google around some. Sure seemed like a huge shitshow behind the scenes. I guess there's no need to keep watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Started watching Chuck, since it showed up on PrimeVideo over here. The B-plot certainly makes the show not bingeable, with what laying on pretty thick.