Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.

SunshineDanceParty posted:

It's the easiest way to get alien superpowers. Poke everything.

It's only been one episode so far but I am already kind of scratching my head as to what extent the general populace is aware of the debris situation, considering pieces of considerable size can do stuff like "vaporize an entire lake on landing".

Since the various secret services of the world seem to be on a gotta-catch-em-all mission you'd think they would offer significant and public blanket rewards for tipsters who identify and call in sightings, instead of letting someone admire a physics-shredding chunk of cosmic wibble-wobble in their backyard garden as a lawn ornament until it starts ressurecting the dead and turning people into catatonic grief batteries???

The in-media-res setup is much appreciated instead of the usual six episodes of foregrounding but they really need to start nailing stuff like this down soon or it just seems like the Orbital agency has no sense of urgency and is content to just let a whole ton of tragedies occur that they're waiting to mop up after the fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

bagrada posted:

I'm caught up with Taskmaster on YouTube (8 complete seasons) and I'm bummed out now, it was my go to for a while now. Last year I watched enough David Mitchell and Lee Mack Would I Lie to You clips that they started repeating. Any other shows like them to look for on YouTube?

It's South Korean rather than from the UK, but episodes of "The Genius" are readily available with subtitles all over the place. It's got the same vibe of celebrities/comedians being asked to play games for points, except pretty much everyone on that show is ridiculously intelligent and the backstabbing and conning one another are some world-class entertainment?

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

muscles like this! posted:

This week's Debris answered the question someone had earlier in the thread about touching alien stuff. They're able to detect/measure the alien energy and know what levels are safe for human contact and what needs hazmat suits.

Nah, they showed from episode 1 that they were able to detect ??Lorentz?? radiation from extant pieces to see how intensely they messed with normal stuff.

What I was wondering was if day-to-day people were looped in on this at all, and episode 2's "we're blaming it on a failed Russian experimental rocket" solves that question.

This entire story is already as stupid as poo poo, sorry to any fans???

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

Khanstant posted:

Well poo poo, might as well pile on, what other newish comedy show is brilliant and cancelled-too-soon from the past year or two? Maybe time for a Last Man on Earth re-watch

The Magicians, imho.