Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The forthcoming HBO Max show “Generation” (styled “Genera+ion”) — created by 19-year-old Zelda Barnz and her father Daniel Barnz, and executive produced by Lena Dunham — is touting itself as an ultra-realistic look at high school life.

Unfortunately, last Thursday, “Generation” took verisimilitude too far. In a scene set in a biology class, the production used actual dead cats for the actors to dissect.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I accidentally clicked on tviv standards and practices which hasnt been updated in eight years and the last rule was dont post about my little pony. God this forum outlived the birth, peak, and death of that entire era.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fVOF2PiHnc

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

zoux posted:

Oberyn Martell was his breakout role, right?

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 4 Episode 1!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Looten Plunder posted:

Fair, but 90% of the bit part character actors in GOT were amazing. He didn't exactly stand out from the pack.

Even amongst that Oberyn Martell is an incredibly strong and memorable character who doesn't even last one season. This is one of the best book to screen adaptations as Oberyn Martell is only in like a quarter of one book and his legacy is still delt books later.

GRRM realised he hosed up badly killing him off and tried to catch lightning in a bottle twice with Dark Star Dayne who never got adapted thank gently caress.

Its like The Wire - so many loving great actors and side performances but only a few went on to bigger things but the obes who did really dud stand out from the lack (Idris Elba, Michael K Williams, hell Michael B Jordan was the Pedro Pascal of The Wire)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Looten Plunder posted:

Agree on MBJ but Williams and Elba were multi season stars of the show and i'd argue everyone not named Dominic West that wasn't an amateur actor went on to do bigger things after The Wire.

I would love to hear this argument because for most its every now and then "hey its that guy from the Wire".

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Andre Royo never got his due and he was loving outstanding. Jamie Hector disappeared tge last time i saw him was on No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain and MKW and he wasnt even called in he just happened to show up.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
have never heard of it until the last twenty seconds

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
You need to be a bit more specific than just throwing names out there and saying they went on to bigger better things.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
They added blindspot to netflux australia so i'm working through it and now im hoping to find the contemporary TVIV threads because i have never seen two leads with so little chemistry together. Its astounding its like they were cast by two different agencies and never shared a room. The guy is 100% to blame for this as he us the worst part of any scene his in and makes me ache for a Joshua Jackson or Nathan Fillion to just replace him mid episode without explanation.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Escobarbarian posted:

What the gently caress that show ran for 5 seasons and 100 episodes???

I had to check and despite that it was clear from episode two they had zero sexual chemistry they made their romance not just canon but also the shows focus in later seasons apparently. Its they got the procedural thriller/mystery trope notebook of male and female leads must hook up and overlooked they have to have absplutely some thing about them that would make them want to gently caress. Jaimie Alexander has shown more sexual chemistry with a table chair in this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
This hurts, bad.

https://twitter.com/Bourdain/status/208012252547264512