Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
White Lotus has been super good. I'm surprised there isn't a thread for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Mu Zeta posted:

It makes me feel bad about going to a touristy luau when I went to Hawaii as a kid.

Isn't Mark Zuckerberg and his wife trying to buy one of the islands

Mark Zuckerberg already owns a massive, massive chunk of property on Kauai. He and his lawyers have utilized old, arcane legal loopholes to legally force native Hawaiians to sell their ancestral land to him. Not a joke, google an article and feel your blood pressure spike.

He's a loving psychopath.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

DrVenkman posted:

Also, it was bullshit the way they took the money from the guy at the end. He won it fair and square, even if he was a dick.

I thought this part was actually loving great and hilarious, and I loved it. The guy turned around, pulled down his pants, and showed the world exactly who he is. And then he didn't even get money for it. gently caress that rear end in a top hat.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I thought the status reveal halfway through the show was actually a fine idea. Letting the ladies develop initial impressions of the guys and then forcing them to confront the revealed status led to that one woman just clobbering herself over and over as she rationalized her slow but steady march towards picking the fuckboy in the end. And then immediately getting burned for it. What a fun lesson to learn on national tv.

Gaunab posted:

I get that everyone knew what he was the first time he spoke and if he somehow won got to the end despite that, he deserved his prize. He is one of those guys who probably floats through life without problems; hell he was recently seen with Sarah.

:lol: you've got to be kidding me. They deserve each other.

But I very much disagree that he deserved a prize. Gross rear end in a top hat doesn't deserve any prize for being a gross rear end in a top hat, in my book.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

DrVenkman posted:

Nah. He was walking red flags, if she still chose him then that's on her. They laid out the premise at the start and then pulled it because they didn't like who won. Being a gross rear end in a top hat was literally why they put him in there.

Yes, and humiliating him for being a gross rear end in a top hat was a choice the creators of the show had every right to make. He signed releases, its his fault if he didn't read all the print in his contract.

He was a gross rear end in a top hat, played his role, and was punished for it. Win win. "I open up to them so they'll open their legs to me" like come on, you don't enjoy seeing that kind of man get exactly what he deserves?

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Watched the first 3 episodes of Reservation Dogs last night. Show is funny as hell and really good!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Yeah its quite funny, and the humor is very reflective of the real world troubles Native people experience. So far they've done a really good job of weaving those things together.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Pen15 is back but they're only releasing weekly? Boo!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
New Pen15 episodes dropped and we watched the first 3. It's still such a funny and heartfelt show. Great stuff.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Cojawfee posted:

I still don't understand what people see in Wheel of Time. It took me three sittings to get through one episode and it sucked.

It's super good and cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
The episodes have been getting better and better, so I'm pretty hopeful that the last 2 will be kick-rear end.