Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Traditional post about Lost or BSG on the ground floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

All of Taskmaster is good, some is just more good than others. I do like s7 the most, I think, personally.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Croatoan posted:

And watched a poo poo ton of UK TV Christmas and New Years specials.

Anything good? Presuming these were older ones as there didn’t seem much worth bothering with this year.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Hughmoris posted:

I've never seen Hamilton, and I never heard of Linda Manuel Miranda before the Hamilton craze started.

Is he funny or something?

Not really. He’s obviously talented, but in a way that’s quite cringeworthy. I like Broadway and have seen Hamilton, but can’t disagree with the statement that it’s like someone saying ‘I’m not like your other history teachers, I’m cool’ or it being like Captain Dan. They did a mixtape of the songs where actual hip hop artists like The Roots did their takes on the songs, and it’s infinitely better.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Well this complicates things.

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1346217322130894857

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Webmaster at IsTanyaRobertsDead.com having a busy couple of days.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

This makes me happy, let’s hope the earth still exists in March.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I enjoyed Mr. Mayor too, and appreciated the double episode to start things off.

It really feels like the single cam sitcom on network TV is fading away, might not be a bad thing as the talent just seems to be going to avenues with a bit more flexibility.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

With network ratings so low compared to the days of 30R, I’m sure the budget is waaaaaay lower.

Escobarbarian posted:

Another reminder that we’re on the last day or two for TVIV 2020 poll submissions!!! Not a lot of people have posted this year, which sucks, especially considering how great the Games poll last night was! Are you really gonna make us look bad next to a bunch of gamers? Vote today!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3952217

Do I fight you on your opinion that the last season of Brockmire was great in here, or there? ;) It was OK but man was it a sink compared to the previous ones, and fell into every single time jump blahness that other shows have done. I guess it ended nicely enough?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I queued it up but I’ve not really read anything positive about it, so I’ll probably not bother unless the end somehow blows them all away.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

NBC ordering stuff direct to series - https://tvline.com/2021/01/12/la-brea-nbc-series-order-american-auto-grand-crew/ - My favorite bit of this news drop:

quote:

Grand Crew stars Arrow‘s Echo Kellum and Nailed It!‘s Nicole Byer as part of a group of Black friends who “unpack the ups and downs of life and love at a wine bar” together. The single-cam comedy’s ensemble cast also includes Justin Cunningham, Carl Tart and Aaron Jennings; Brooklyn Nine-Nine writer Phil Augusta Jackson will pen the pilot and serve as an EP.

Carl Tart is amazing and I dig Nicole too, this could be a lot of fun. I wonder if this approach is a 'we trust the names, but gently caress it if it's not network material we'll put it on Peacock' as I doubt it's got a huge budget to work with.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s weird in the best way, one of my faves of the year.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Mu Zeta posted:

I haven't seen it but isn't Zach some kind of Orange County wealthy conservative now. Sounds perfect and they get it.

Yeah, he ran for governor in order to get out of a parking ticket and they show a clip from his lawyer show too. One of the guys in the writing room is the dude from Zack Morris is Trash, so they definitely get it. The opening premise is basically normal real world kids going to Bayside which is still exactly how we left it - overprivileged and rife with wacky schemes.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sentinel Red posted:

Only watched the first two eps but he's so nice that I want the team, the club, and the whole borough to be smashed into the Thames by a kraken for being mean to such a lovely, lovely chap. Well, apart from Keeley and the girl nutmegging in the park.

I feel you’re going to enjoy the remaining episodes.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

First two episodes of Mr. Mayor were fun, but it really found its stride this week I thought. Plus the trademark Tina Fey 20 Jokes a Minute mean it’s a sitcom I’m actually laughing with, rather than just thinking something is amusing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

TheAardvark posted:

I'm only up to like episode 7 now but yeah it is really good.

Not sure why it took me so long to start it.

I'm just starting s4 of The Wire and I think it's taken me close to 12 years to get to this point. Once I get moving it's all good, but those first episodes of each season just stop me in my tracks due to all the new people, situations etc. Using Sepinwall's reviews are helping though, especially with 4x01 as it introduces the kids etc.

I'm only on about 1x07 of Sopranos too, despite starting it last century I believe, so you're moving faster than someone at least.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Looten Plunder posted:

You've got this far so it probably doesn't matter, but there are some good rewatch podcasts out there too. I think The Ringer did one recently.

Yeah my friends are doing a rewatch along with one and they’re really enjoying it.

I keep myself entertained by imagining a Genesis era side scrolling beat em up reskinned with Wire characters in your typical ‘this is totally not representative of the show’ way of cash in games of the era.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah it has some pretty harsh turns you don’t see coming. I need to finish watching it.

Still nothing beats Breeders for ‘well that’s not where I was expecting a silly sweary sitcom to go’.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Was there no thread for Dead To Me ever? It felt like it was all the talk at one point but can’t find one. Curious to see if other people had as many ‘oh gently caress!’ shouts as I did, and how people felt towards the characters.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I just finished s1 this moment so I won’t click that tag yet, I’ll try look again for a s1 one. I could’ve sworn I saw one too before, but I looked a few times the other night.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

And I thought my cooking was bad.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Finally I get to tell the Amiga nerds they can shove it for never shutting up about how B5 was done in Lightwave. ST Rules, baby.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I love how it's a great cast and I'm like "Asim and Sanjeev? Awesome!".

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The 4K print of Clockwork Orange due this year will have the scene of where the dude is forced to watch all the insane poo poo will be replaced with the Snyder Cut.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Rhyno posted:

There's a loving Punky Brewster revival coming to Peacock.

Better revisit the Just Say No episode with Punky finally not being a square and getting hosed up in the treehouse.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah it’s a pretty dry time for single camera sitcoms on network TV. But more heading to web and cable, so it works out in the end as they can go a bit more weird with it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

For those who watched the super bowl halftime show...

Was the audio mix for you awful or fine? If awful, do you have a regular stereo tv setup or multichannel?

I saw a ton of complaints, but on my 3.0 (so separate center channel that admittedly has a small db boost) I didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary when it comes to stadium live sound. Curious if it was a really shoddy stereo mix put out by CBS that screwed people.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Resident Alien is so my jam, and Tudyk is killing it. It being humanity, but also acting.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Inspector 34 posted:

I watched Resident Alien on demand on the atttvnow app. It works pretty well now that I'm the only subscriber left!

I still have the set top box in a drawer as a reminder of how bad tech released in 2019 or whatever can actually be.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Clone High has the potential to be my favorite revival of all if they nail it, which I'm pretty sure they will.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I had to laugh at the TVLine article

quote:

Like the original, the new Clone High will follow historical figures — such as Abraham Lincoln, Cleopatra, Joan of Arc and John F. Kennedy — who have been cloned and placed back in high school.

Yeah those are definitely the 4 main characters and nobody has been missed out!

Super intrigued what they'll do though for sure. Naturally, Gandhi cannot come back in his original form (I liked the possible s2 reveal he was actually a Gary Coleman clone afterall) but will they redo everything from scratch or followup the cliffhanger etc. Dammit, I want details now...

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

cant cook creole bream posted:

That tweet is really not that interesting without the mentioned gif. Also I have no clue who this woman is.
Some woman wrote an Office episode and someone made a gif out of a scene from it.

While I agree the GIF tweet being deleted I'm not sure what the context is, but you can't really come into the TV forum and say you've never heard of Mindy Kaling, someone who had a show on primetime network TV for years with her name in the title.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I guessed OP is American due to the pro-Fahrenheit custom title, but I might be wrong!

e: yeah presumed it got nuked since posting. What was it? Something controversial or just silly?

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Feb 11, 2021

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ha, you love to see it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’m sure it’ll be better, but hearing Mazin’s time will be soaked into Last of Us makes me feel the same way I did when I heard Duncan Jones was doing the Warcraft movie.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Nundizo posted:

This show really underwhelmed me so much that I couldn't even finish the first season, it felt like such a chore. It's a drat shame cause I really gave this a chance and tried my best to enjoy it.

I struggled to get to the end of the first episode. Just couldn’t see what others did, a shame.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sentinel Red posted:

Prospect - Pedro Pascal wears a helmet 90% of the time and becomes Surrogate Dad to an orphan kid in a hostile environment
The Mandalorian - Pedro Pascal wears a helmet 95% of the time and becomes Surrogate Dad to an orphan kid in a hostile environment
The Last of Us - Pedro Pascal wears a gas mask 40% of the time and becomes Surrogate Dad to an orphan kid in an hostile environment

Talk about cornering the market.

Wonder Woman 84 - Pedro Pascal doesn’t wear a mask and everyone hates it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Mulva posted:

I feel like bringing up "I wish I was LeVar Burton" overshadows all other conversation, as it's the current pinnacle of human achievement.

Lance and LeVar for that face off sequel thing, please.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

In a world where we finally get a second season of Clone High, I won't be giving up on a second seasons of Other Space.