Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

"I am not Josh Hawley, literally not Josh Hawley" - some other Josh Hawley irl, but not that one.

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm not a hero...

In today's Blueberry: Blueberry cares not for such statements like: 'Fiat lux', or O'Reilly has a poor grasp on the behavior of the local fauna, or Blueberry is suspicious

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

In the end, they just sulk.

Samovar posted:

In today's Blueberry:

That first comic got posted twice

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Some Guy TT posted:

Massie, actually, which I didn't recognize as a bastardization of massa and which I'd never seen before. But I concede the point. And am also appreciating the irony of how the caricature went unnoticed. Just my personal opinion that spoiler tags are overused in this thread and should be retired for timg tags except in particularly egregious cases.

Maybe you should put spoiler tags on your terrible opinions.

curtadams
Mar 24, 2019

Funniest strip I read all week!

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.

Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Exciting Lemon

Regsrding Luann, maybe this was covered, and I'm not American, but surely there are pirate-themed restaurant chains, like how there are Medieval ones?

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

davidspackage posted:

Regsrding Luann, maybe this was covered, and I'm not American, but surely there are pirate-themed restaurant chains, like how there are Medieval ones?

Iím pretty sure thereís some pirate themed Medieval Times thing yeah. Quick Google suggests itís called ďPirateís Dinner AdventureĒ

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

Old School Peanuts (Aug 23-24, 1952)

Calvin and Hobbes (Apr 10-13, 1989)

Robbie and Bobby

Support Jason's Patreon (and see new My Dad is Draculas) here.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

The thing that annoys me most about this week's Luann is how Gunther is, once again, standing around like a gormless idiot. He's got an important test coming up that he needs to study for and yet he doesn't stand his ground to tell Bets he can't go with her. He also sees his girlfriend and close(?) friend arguing and doesn't even try to step in and mediate things between them. You could replace him with a brick and nothing would change.

Green Intern posted:

Itís pretty impressive that Tiffany was able to put anything together with like what, a dayís notice? I donít understand why the Evanses are so hellbent on assassinating Betsí character.

Something to remember is that Gunther met Bets through a dating app, so you're supposed to think she's a Bad Girl who doesn't find dates the right way, unlike Luann. She's very much meant to be a reward to Gunther for being such a Nice Guy - a cute, and temporary, girlfriend who likes his nerdiness. But since Team Evans can't have Gunther stand up for anything or gently caress up his own relationship, they keep assassinating Bets's character instead. That way, readers are justified in wanting to see her gone and Gunther would be guilt-free when they do break up. The fact they're doing this to one of the two (or was it three?) POC characters just makes it incredibly suspicious, especially after Team Evans had already written their LGBT characters out of the strip.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

davidspackage posted:

There's one in my country called Long John Silver.

Actually it's now just called LJS.

It's also really bad at being piratey.

Tiggum
Oct 23, 2007

amigolupus posted:

He also sees his girlfriend and close(?) friend arguing and doesn't even try to step in and mediate things between them.
In this regard, I have more sympathy for Gunther than I have literally ever had before. He went along with a somewhat unreasonable request to do something someone else wanted to do, now he's in a situation he never wanted to be in, witnessing two people (who are both going to expect him to take their side) argue over something he doesn't even care about.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

It's definitely important to note that Bets "made [Gunther]" make pirate costumes at the drop of a hat

(Noteworthy that he didn't complain about it, took it in stride, and bragged about it to his roommate. But no, somehow Bets is still the bad guy.)

Ghostlight posted:

There's one in my country called Long John Silver.

Actually it's now just called LJS.

It's also really bad at being piratey.

And the Chicken is the best thing on the menu, sooooooooo...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Classic Kevin & Kell (October 16-22, 2000)