Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Budget Swamp Thing is doing pretty good for himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
That horrible little imp got some game.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Bogor

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Nov. 28, 1943)

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

lol this is immediately what i thought and was not disappointed when i scrolled down

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Stultus Maximus posted:

A lot of boomers and silent generation grew up with vegetables being something out of a can.

My grandfather's favorite kind of green beans were "Southern style."

Which apparently meant "canned, but simmered for hours, until they were beyond mush texture and all the sodium got really concentrated."

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

catlord posted:

Axa

Somebody commented that Axa and Aniela look very similar, and let's be honest, Aniela would handle things way better. Anyway, I wish this one wasn't as weird and disjointed as it is, I really like old druid lady and her nature monsters.

Axa rediscovers the ancient and honorable art of mud wrestling.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Skippy (August 3, 1933)

Peanuts (February 26, 1974)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

9 Chickweed Lane

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (September 24, 1937)

Out Our Way (March 2-4, 1936; spoilers for racial stereotypes)

Toonerville Folks (April 2-4, 1917)

Dok's "Support Your Local Dairy" Duck (June 22, 1913)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts (February 26, 1974)

I got 7 quarters, 13 dimes.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Johnny Walker posted:

I got 7 quarters, 13 dimes.

I got the same.

What grade are the Peanuts kids supposed to be in?

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

JethroMcB posted:

My grandfather's favorite kind of green beans were "Southern style."

Which apparently meant "canned, but simmered for hours, until they were beyond mush texture and all the sodium got really concentrated."

My mom's generation's attitude towards vegetables was boil em down and put either vinegar or Lowry's seasoning salt on em. It was years before I discovered that broccoli and carrots actually tasted good.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Did! (March 9, 1918)

Outbursts of Everett True (April 20, 1918)

Hitz and Mrs. (December 5, 1923)

Gay and Her Gang (March 30, 1929)

Oaky Doaks (August 30, 1935)

Dark Laughter (December 13, 1941)

“You is a military main ain’t you? Well me an’ Bootsie wants some information how many tanks, guns an’ tanks do you figure we needs to supply y’all with to beat Hitler?”

Mopsy Sunday (September 14, 1947)

Those Were the Days (October 11, 1951)

Wee Pals (May 21, 1965)

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Why do I have a feeling that this is verbatim something that happened to Batuik?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Still no Dinette Set. I hope they're not done with repeats because going back and doing it by hand would be a huge pain in my rear end.

Working Daze maybe shouldn't be back in the office.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix almost wasn't.

Cul De Sac has doomed us all! DOOMED!

That CDS is the set-up for one of the best jokes ever in the strip.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise

I'm just amused by Modesty and Willie bringing only their small wedding arsenal.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Seems like it should be about time for recess?

riderchop posted:

Rae the Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

I'm sure there's a pun here but I have no idea what it is. :confused:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Tiggum posted:

I'm sure there's a pun here but I have no idea what it is. :confused:

"Degree" is a brand of deodorant in America.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

LazyQ posted:

Mämmilä

Here I thought Atte was a good kid with a terrible friend, but no, they're both creeps.

Also some of these faces are terrifying.

Thanks for the update on how DNA Wizard has turned Mars's ecosystem into a hellish landscape, Holbrook.

If this is supposed to be a Species Has Characteristic joke of how a rabbit lives in fear underground away from predators then it doesn't work because Coney already had hundred digit kills before she was even a year old. This kid is the antichrist of Hellworld and eats everyone who comes near her and her family.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doG-6KIMG2Y

Howard Beale posted:

My mom's generation's attitude towards vegetables was boil em down and put either vinegar or Lowry's seasoning salt on em. It was years before I discovered that broccoli and carrots actually tasted good.

I've always been fine with carrots, but I only started roasting them recently and whatever it is roasting brings out a sort of sweetness in them, it's really good.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Schwarzwald posted:

What grade are the Peanuts kids supposed to be in?

Time is an incredibly weird thing in the Peanutsverse but I'm guessing 4th or 5th grade.

Speaking of which...

Old School Peanuts (Jul 7, 1952)

Calvin and Hobbes (Jan 6-7, 1989)

Robbie and Bobby

(Apr 19, 2019)

(Apr 22, 2019)

Support Jason's Patreon (and see new My Dad is Draculas) here.

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth

amigolupus posted:

If this is supposed to be a Species Has Characteristic joke of how a rabbit lives in fear underground away from predators then it doesn't work because Coney already had hundred digit kills before she was even a year old. This kid is the antichrist of Hellworld and eats everyone who comes near her and her family.

I think it's a joke about how messy he left his room.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh god, suspense from the Tinkersons?? What is this world.

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon'

Bizarro

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Finnish translation's naming conventions cause again a possibility for a small confusion. Merchant Lauri Larsson ('Lars' in the Swedish version) is different character than Lauri the Kivekäs('Lauri' in Swedish). And since I don't really read/plan ahead, they end up in my version.

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Just put down a bath towel you rear end in a top hat.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pasti

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 2/23/01

Brenda Starr 12/16/45

Smokey Stover 8/6/39

Richard's Poor Almanac

Ah, 2008 was surely going to be the low point of stupid elections forever... what?

Bonus Ad! The combination of just slightly out of scale heads, blank-eyed grinning faces, and dialogue that consists of nothing but statements about how great Quaker Oats is has a rather creepy effect.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Slammy posted:

Wee Pals (May 21, 1965)

This recent run of Wee Pals keeps reminding me of those creepy images from the early 1960s "Bobo doll experiment".

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (June 24, 2009)

Arlo and Janis Classic (June 24, 1999)

Garfield Classic (June 24, 1989)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Classic Kevin & Kell (October 18-22, 1999)

Hi, Rhonda! Nice to see you again! This gal, if you remember, showed up for the first time two in-strip years ago as Vin's hunting partner, and then again one in-strip year ago when she joined the school's hunting team.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Arlo is gaslighting Janis.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BCN

Phoebe

Wallace

Curtis

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Ok, this may sound weird, but I think I may be hard of hearing, but only for speech? I've noticed a number of times that I can hear very faint sounds, sometimes before other people, but I can completely overlook someone speaking either around me or to me if I am otherwise distracted.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Circus Windows

I've gotta say, while I'm loving having Lottie and Mildred get up to various shenanigans, I'm kind of underwhelmed by the whole "mystery of how the circus gets their posters in empty shop windows". I can see this playing out in three ways:

The circus is using some arcanesecret method to get the posters up

The circus is using mundane methods to get the posters up, but are hiding some other secret

There is nothing mysterious going on at all and Lottie and Mildred are on a wild goose chase

I also wonder if Mildred honestly believes there is some sort of mystery afoot, or if she's just trying get Lottie out of her funk by giving her a mystery to solve

Edit: changed arcane to secret. I didn't mean to imply the circus has some supernatural power. Just that they were getting the posters up in a unusual / illegal way

The_Other fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Feb 24, 2021

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Samovar posted:

Ok, this may sound weird, but I think I may be hard of hearing, but only for speech? I've noticed a number of times that I can hear very faint sounds, sometimes before other people, but I can completely overlook someone speaking either around me or to me if I am otherwise distracted.

Same here. I find a lot of people don't project their voice properly until you let them know you didn't understand their mumbling, which they do by habit.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The arcane stuff is always what ends up me taking out of these Bobbinsverse stories. It seems like every time there's a generally interesting mundane social drama going on and then bam, magic out of nowhere.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space GUy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

Ella Cinders

Zorro