Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

I've used the Dexcom and the Freestyle, they're both pretty good. Both last about ten days between sensor changes, use bluetooth to be read by either your phone or a separate reader module, and are comfortable to wear. Sometimes it gets itchy towards the end like any long term IV might.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Cataract surgery was kinda awesome. They didn't put me fully under but went with twilight sedation, which meant I was barely awake and aware and not giving a crap about what was happening. Surgery itself was fast, briefly complete blur in the eye while the old lens was vaporized and the new slipped in. About an hour in recovery and afterwards was surprisingly hyper the rest of the day.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Angry_Ed posted:

I think this is the first instance of a villain being all "guess i'll die :shrug:" after having their plan so thoroughly dismantled by Modesty and Willie.

Nope!

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Some Guy TT posted:

Uh, where are they going? Did olde fire stations somehow imply the location of the emergency with the way the bell rang?

Yup, via wikipedia:

When the box is activated by turning a knob or pulling a hook, a spring-loaded wheel turns, tapping out a pulsed electrical signal corresponding to the box's number.[1] A receiver at fire headquarters annunciates the pulses through flashing lights or tones, or via a pen recorder, and the box number is matched to a list of box locations.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Jul. 16, 1944)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJoM7V54T-c

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

:nws: Not gory but the expected outcome of this adventure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBN3xfGrx_U

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Transmodiar posted:

And now... the final Modesty Blaise

I wish I could say I'd written up something fancy to commemorate our duo literally walking off into the sunset, but I didn't. I will say it's been a pleasure sharing these stories; special thanks to kammat for starting me on this journey. I have no plans to start over from the beginning at this time, but if you want to see a particular story again, I can probably dig it up.

I was thinking about adding some more John Allison to the thread, but I think we've got four or five different stories from different posters running concurrently, so I'll lay low until one of those runs its course.

In turn I want to thank Bitchtits McGee who I believe started putting the series in the threads way way back around 2013 or so. It's been one heck of a read.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Doomykins posted:

Jucika "222 - Jucika's Summer Vacation (Cruise)"

This is naval flag code, but darn if I can make heads or tails of it. The ship is flying (P or S) U H, and she signals back B Q 1.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Endless Mike posted:

Time to go drink, Wilbur!

I'm praying for another trippy dream sequence now.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Twelve by Pies posted:

We really haven't seen children in Axa up until this storyline and it's kind of weird and disturbing that she's parading around in this kind of outfit around kids.

Romero has done much, much worse with kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Samovar posted:

This is something that I both am curious about in what way and at the same time, I really, really, really don't want to know.

:nws: unless you can explain context REAL fast.

Willie Garvin has sneaked into an arabian castle to rescue a group of entertainers taken hostage. Unfortunately the window he chose to enter is in the bedroom of a young girl who just wished for a genie to appear to also help her escape. After some discussion Willie agrees to bring her along and asks her to quickly change from her sleeping attire to something more suitable for getting around.

Cue Romero lovingly rendering nude child rear end.

https://imgur.com/ePH99Yy

:nws: