Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Slammy posted:

Wee Pals (March 24, 1965)

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

I rewatched the 1991 Addam’s Family movie at Halloween and I think it holds up pretty well. It’s funny how many nods to the Monster Rally strips there are. (Also how much they got out of Gomez and Morticia just being extremely horny for each other)

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

the far side was so loving good

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

readingatwork posted:

Calvin and Hobbes (Nov 1-2, 1988)

The dual punchlines on this one are great, gj watterson

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Real trusting of the colorist there RMMD

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise

I remember reading this Vanity Fair article about the FFL when it came out about eight years ago, if anyone's interested in learning more about it: https://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2012/12/french-foreign-legion-expendables

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

yessssss

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Haifisch posted:

Bonus incredibly petty Dear Abby:

Dear Abby was occasionally very good

Upon inspection of Wikipedia, it is also occasionally quite lovely :/

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Vargo posted:

Wallace

Doot

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Evil Mastermind posted:

Cul De Sac just needs some quiet time.

no need to worry, kids, you can't tie down a banjo man

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

amigolupus posted:

I knew about how Lynn wrote her son's old friend surviving in her comic, but you're right about how judgmental this is. I can only imagine how terrible it must have felt for IRL Michael to read about this as it came out. And that's not getting into how Lynn made him straight in her wish fulfillment comic.

She wrote Lawrence as gay, which was decently controversial at the time IIRC. My first memory of the Westboro Baptist Church was them protesting the Topeka KS newspaper for continuing to run the strip

This is just an aside though.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Vargo posted:

This is basically true, though. Walden pond was like a mile from Thoreau's mom's house, and the reason he could hang out there was because she was paying all his financial obligations. Jeremy's got the right idea.

it's a nice pond

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

“Boycotting” price increases in an agricultural commodity whose supply has been decreased because of bad weather seems very weird

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

fondue posted:

B Kliban

My avatar goes to the 1970s zoo

man grim fandango's a great game

e: f, b:

Hwurmp posted:

Hola, angelitos!

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Vargo posted:

Wallace

this rules so hard

good job curtis mom

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

nishi koichi posted:

Comic Strips 2021: I hope the mice are knowingly participating in Garfield's kink.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

I’m also liking circus windows :shobon:

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Strontium posted:

Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

this is dumb I’m into it

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Vargo posted:

Curtis and the oversharing in the comments

So first two sentences, okay, I'm on board (e: with a generous reading of what it means to be confused)

and then

dismas fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 24, 2021

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Wallace is my favorite of the currently written. I still like current Val, although vintage Val is better. And BCN is cute enough and I like the art a lot.

I have a lot of affection for Foxtrot when it was a daily and Amend actually did some characterization and plot.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

i would gently caress up a bunch of buffalo wings rn

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

axa is teaching me that the thing I like about modest blaise is the plots and characterization, not the art

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

I still don’t get the piglet and sow comic :(

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

goatface posted:

Look at the backs of the piglets.

Ohhhhhhhhh

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

I liked this one even though it’s dumb. How does the saxophonist hold down the keys?

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

:golfclap:

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Possibly this guy? https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/d/davenda01.shtml

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

I’ve been thinking about Foob lately and while it has a lot of depressing insights into Lynn Johnson’s life and psyche, at least the plots move relative to other soap opera strips. We haven’t spent three months on this story with Elle’s parents and it’s understandable why everyone’s acting the way they are, even if it’s not the way I would suggest they’d act.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

the herp hacienda is also my name for your mom's house

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

kinda funny that he seems to have done a really passable Doonesbury and not given a poo poo about anything else

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Ahaha holy poo poo

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Johnny Walker posted:

Mark Trail

Oh hey this week's the anniversary.

this is nice

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

S
H
R
U
B
F

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Medenmath posted:

Anyone who thinks taxes work this way should be required to pay them that way.

:hmmyes:

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

davidspackage posted:

Regsrding Luann, maybe this was covered, and I'm not American, but surely there are pirate-themed restaurant chains, like how there are Medieval ones?

I’m pretty sure there’s some pirate themed Medieval Times thing yeah. Quick Google suggests it’s called “Pirate’s Dinner Adventure”

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Oct. 15, 1944)

hell yeah beric

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Congrats on finishing up, Dr How Wonderful!!

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Alhazred posted:

TegneHanne

Oh hey it’s my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Oofa doofa