Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

EasyEW posted:

Funky WInkerbean (Tom "Goddam" Batiuk and Chuck "You're Killing Me With This poo poo, Pal" Ayers) runs with a two year buffer, which means that the strip takes place in a no-COVID AU that's even more disconnected from The Way We Live Now than in recent years.

This is a joke, right

please tell me this is a joke and im falling for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Mr Boops transitioned pretty well into thriller movie

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

PainterofCrap posted:

This is the one that folks claimed landed Addams in treatment. One of my all-time favorites!

This one's incredible but I think my favorite thing is the cop on the right's "what the gently caress" expression

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

LazyQ posted:

Mämmilä

Nappila-Ekox-Ekoday, RIP.

guessing Uffe's gone through this wringer a few times at this point

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Mikl posted:

Classic Kevin and Kell (November 9-13, 1998)

I got a firm chuckle out of this one. Just something about the YO FRANK

LazyQ posted:

Mämmilä

Nappila is gone and his work in Mämmilä is done; Ulf Ekman, exit stage left.

Geeeeze.

"you direct your perfectly understandable disappointment at me. I don't Mind: Maybe I helped as a lightning rod" christ what an rear end in a top hat!

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

Even when they're not playing monopoly i see they're still getting the full monpoly experience

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

LazyQ posted:

Mämmilä

Anja continues to be a cool customer

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Green Intern posted:

Anja nooooo stop talking business nooooooooo

Anja pull up

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Starting to feel a bad for Ronka at this point

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

LazyQ posted:

Mämmilä

Definitely misread wimp as simp and had to do a double take

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

amigolupus posted:

What's funny is that (spoiler'd since Classic K&K is getting posted and others might not know it yet) sheep wife is actually half-wolf since she's Ralph's kid that he didn't know about. So chronologically, Corrie is the first predator/prey hybrid to exist in Hellworld.

how do i continue to learn more soap opera nonsense about this comic with each passing day

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Zits can be kind of hit or miss at times (every time it decides to do a covid strip is just one long beleaguered sigh) but when it hits, its always delightful

amigolupus posted:

I'm surprised Anja keeps hiring Leevi, considering how he tends to do things that inevitably snowball into dooming the last two companies.

Supposing renting the warehouse out and going to Heimo wasn't the only old habits she falls back into

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Pastry of the Year posted:

Arlo and Janis Classic (May 25, 1999)

Surprise wasp nests are always horrifying to find so this one got me

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

my hot mark trail take as someone who only barely read it before (mostly just glanced at it and saw the reactions to the latest meandering plot line and of course, the RL Drama) is:
Sometimes the art's almost comically wonky but I generally enjoy the strip when I read it. I am engaged with its plot(s), and previously mentioned wonkiness aside I like the style.

shocked that the boat chase did not swerve into just being a draem sequence so that's fun.

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

:smith:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Arlo and Janis Classic (May 28, 1999)

:eyepop:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Mikl posted:

Girl.

Girl.

Stop.

Cease.

pull up anja!

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

FrumpleOrz posted:

The Lockhorns That snowman is amazing

I like when the lockhorns shakes it up with jokes about shared miseries. The dance one in particular is cute.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

nishi koichi posted:

i’m usually pretty sensitive to the “family is lovely to each other” thing, but tinkersons doesn’t really bother me, and i don’t know why.

It doesn't feel as spiteful, I guess? Like tinkerson dad tricking the son into clearing the snow while he sneaks back inside or the mom wanting tweety to get off the phone always reads different than, say, a similar scenario in Dustin. And there's usually enough strips where the family is enjoying time together to offset it.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

:sickos:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm enjoying this look back at the Tinkersons so I can understand this storyline. I never actually hated it, even at its worst I still read it and felt it was just one of those bland comic strips you read and immediately forget about afterwards, but yeah it's gotten a lot better. I still hate some things about the art though, like the "bird hair" Mrs. Tinkerson has when she lets her hair down.

Also I really, really hope Mark Trail isn't going to do what I think it's going to do, which is "Cherry is going to win a bunch of money from gambling and use it to pay off the damage Mark did and thus keep him out of prison."

I kind of figured it was her getting a bunch of money from gambling to use it for her Mom, since I thought (I might be wrong, its been a bit) that was the reason the sisters called her down there: they cant help provide/help the mom and need support to get her proper care/home

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

LazyQ posted:

Mämmilä

It's been a hot minute since we last saw sulo right? Good to see he's still doing good and still has kitties :3:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

god bless rex morgan, the world's slowest car wreck

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Was kind of getting the vibe last comic but really feel this is heading to like, Mikko just being adopted by Sulo's family.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I've been enjoying the past week or so of reply all but this one is just really great

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

"What do you think, dumbass?"

Loving the energy this nutritionist is bringing here

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I think the strips with the.............children...? teeeeeens? young adults????? in mammlia are my least favorite

they're probably the least interesting characters in the strip and even when they're older they still just look like little goblins

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

Extremely unrealistic because it would be the dad that gets me to take the dog out when the dog bugs him to take them out

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

FrumpleOrz posted:

The Lockhorns

The happiest irs agent i've ever seen

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Some Guy TT posted:

How old is Lindesfarne supposed to be? The older strips give the impression they're about the same age, but in the newer ones she seems a lot older. Although now that I think about it, maybe she was always supposed to be a lot older than Rudy. I don't recall ever having seen her gone to school. I also don't recall her ever mentioning what her job is. And now the vagueness is irritating me, because she shows up about as often as Rudy does so it's weird that the context of her social life isn't as obvious as his is.

I think she's supposed to be innnn... high school? She's had fast food jobs and I think done a TA position at least once?
e: Maybe college, actually. She had like a thesis or something about domestication

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

LazyQ posted:

Mämmilä (October 7, 1989)

I found the original publication dates for individual pages and because Mämmilä runs in real time, the dates might help with the flow a bit. That said, you might note that sometimes the dates will jump back and forth; that's because for some pages the order was changed for the albums.

anjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

LazyQ posted:

Mämmilä (January 27, 1990)

oof

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

EasyEW posted:

"Classic" Mutt and Jeff

that last panel is so loving cute

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Tina's Groove Classic (July 5, 2009)

I don't know whether to sigh more about it only being 12 years or it already being 12 years since twitter

technically it was founded in 2006 so it'd be 15 years but whatever

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'm enjoying this Mark Trail strip because it feels legit? Like, Mark isn't writing off Rusty's newfangled technology nonsense - I mean he was at first, but he's actually listening and willing to try it out. That's sweet, and I hope it goes well.

it's also cute that rusty's so excited to tell him how to do the thing he likes

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

I'm being attacked

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

dismas posted:

this is dumb I’m into it

Tilman's teacher is a fun character in general

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

The rabbit from last comic keeps sneaking in and eating his carrots from the garden
it's now elevated to sneaking in and eating his meals

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Top 3 overall are
Arlo & Janis
Mämmilä
Wallace

In no particular order after that, Nu-nancy, nu-mark trail, Lockhorns, andertoons, nekonaughy.

I'd put robbie & bobbie on here but we're on like loop 4 of the archives so I tend to just skip past them, or only glance.

e: Pooch Cafe too, I always look forward to that one. Zits is fine most of the time but not "top 10" material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

FrumpleOrz posted:

Mother Goose & Grimm

"mother goos day drinking" not the joke i expected to see today